Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 1340
  1.    #741  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    I love all the new features!

    However, it would be nice to touch and drag the contacts to rearrange the order.

    What does it mean by "contact details on dial" in the preferences? Do I need to have something turned off or on to use this feature? I'm not quite sure what this means.

    Keep up the great work!
    Contact Details on Dial

    If Contact Details On Dial is set to On and Preferred Dialing is set to On, Quick Contacts will go to the contact detail screen once you make a call/send an email at the same time. This will make it easier to dial, SMS or email that contact if their phone is busy or they did not answer. If this is set to off, Quick Contacts will remain on the main contacts screen.

    It's in the Help->Quick Contacts Guide area.

    uptempo777
  2. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #742  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't want to put too many icons on top of the image and I figured it was more important to know exactly what type of preferred item is saved there.

    As you said, changing the name actually works to an advantage so you can append - Home or (H) or any variation of how you want to show their name.

    Blackberry huh? hehe.

    uptempo777
    Fair enough. If you ever do decide to take another look at this, here's my suggestion for one set of icons:

    Home
    Office
    Mobile (voice)
    SMS
    E-Mail

    The first three are the ones you current have mapped to the "phone" icon. I'd suggest changing this to three: a house, a building (office), and... well... something to denote a mobile phone (maybe a tiny little Pre?).

    Really snazzy would be to just let the user pick from a set of 5, 6, 7, or so different icons.

    As for my wife, Blackberry, she's even more upset that the nanny (who only has a cell phone) gets her actual name, while she (the wife) is relegated to "a piece of machinery that's destroying the world" (unlike me, she's not all that into mobile tech).
  3. #743  
    uptempo,

    Just a suggestion.. in list mode (which i now prefer), there seems to be some real estate left. Maybe take out the details button and instead put 2 buttons to the right of their name, 1 for calling the peferred number and the other for SMS (maybe email if you can fit it).

    By clicking the contact, that would enter details mode.

    Not sure how everyone else feels, but i would like this better, so it's really easy to call & text directly from the main screen, instead of having to enter the contact to do whichever option is not the preferred.


    Not sure if this makes sense, but just a suggestion.
  4. loupy's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #744  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Newly released today: Quick Contacts v0.9.7

    Here are the highlights:
    - Added feature: List View
    - Added feature: Can change display name for each contact
    - Added feature: Preferred target can now be Phone, SMS, Email or Prompt
    - Added: Photo Image now shows icon based on Preferred target chosen
    - Updated Preferences
    - Updated Help

    If you currently have an trial version and are not registered, this new version will extend your trial another 14 days. So try it out and let me know what you think.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Thanks. This app just keeps getting better and better!
  5. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #745  
    Hey... I am sure this has been asked and answered but it didn't come up in the first few results and at 38 pages I'd rather just ask:

    Any chance contact photos will be able to update on their own? Alternatively, it would be convenient to have a way to sync photos without having to replace/resync each contact and re-configure preferred numbers and such all over again.
  6. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #746  
    Quote Originally Posted by 63alfred View Post
    Would love to donate but PayPal kinda sucks, any other way to Donate?

    As I stated previously, you do NOT have to pay with PayPal. There are other choices available once you hit the donate button. You just have to look a little harder to find them as the options are not as obvious. You can pay by credit card. However, the developers are required to have the PayPal account in order to recieve the payments.
  7. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #747  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Hey... I am sure this has been asked and answered but it didn't come up in the first few results and at 38 pages I'd rather just ask:

    Any chance contact photos will be able to update on their own? Alternatively, it would be convenient to have a way to sync photos without having to replace/resync each contact and re-configure preferred numbers and such all over again.
    I believe the answer is: currently, Palm does not allow applications to do this (presumably for security reasons). Until Palm changes this, doing something like this would require doing some tricky stuff. The kind of stuff that Palm could disable, at any time, via a security fix or in a future OS release. Plus, Palm prohibits such apps form being in the catalog.
  8. #748  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Hey... I am sure this has been asked and answered but it didn't come up in the first few results and at 38 pages I'd rather just ask:

    Any chance contact photos will be able to update on their own? Alternatively, it would be convenient to have a way to sync photos without having to replace/resync each contact and re-configure preferred numbers and such all over again.

    Palm doesn't allow direct access to the contacts, so it won't allow an app to sync automatically.

    edit: squeff beat me to it
  9. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #749  
    Got it... auto = bad. What about making a sync button that didn't require reconfiguration of preferred numbers and such?

    Thanks for the responses, guys.
  10. #750  
    uptempo would have to answer your follow-up question... not sure
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
  11.    #751  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Hey... I am sure this has been asked and answered but it didn't come up in the first few results and at 38 pages I'd rather just ask:

    Any chance contact photos will be able to update on their own? Alternatively, it would be convenient to have a way to sync photos without having to replace/resync each contact and re-configure preferred numbers and such all over again.
    Yes, right now it's not possible to auto sync. I'm working on a way to at least keep the preferred number and display name though so I'll try to get that by the next version.

    (I was hoping Palm would get auto-sync available by WebOS v1.2 so i wouldn't have to bother but looks like I might have to anyway).

    uptempo777
  12.    #752  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    uptempo,

    Just a suggestion.. in list mode (which i now prefer), there seems to be some real estate left. Maybe take out the details button and instead put 2 buttons to the right of their name, 1 for calling the peferred number and the other for SMS (maybe email if you can fit it).

    By clicking the contact, that would enter details mode.

    Not sure how everyone else feels, but i would like this better, so it's really easy to call & text directly from the main screen, instead of having to enter the contact to do whichever option is not the preferred.


    Not sure if this makes sense, but just a suggestion.
    Actually my first prototype with the List View did have all the icons for Phone, SMS, and Email on the right side of their names but that made the screen look very busy. On top of that it slowed down the app a bit which I definitely did not like.

    If you want to choose from several preferred numbers/email for a contact, set their Preferred to Prompt and you'll be able to choose which one you want to use when you tap on them.

    uptempo777
  13. #753  
    I had a bit of a hiccup when updating to 0.9.7 (had 0.9.5 installed - "registered" version). Things seem fine now, so this is just informational -- keep or toss.

    I had 0.9.5 open as a card when I started FileCoaster and saw the QC update. I downloaded and installed the update, forgetting I had 0.9.5 open, though I have no idea if this would be a problem.

    When I restarted QC, it opened to a blank screen, with a "+" in the upper left. I went into the menu and selected "view as grid". Still no contacts, now just empty grids. Then, I went into preferences and viewed all 3 tabs of preferences, though I didn't change any. Upon returning to the app (backswipe), all contacts were again visible.

    Like I say, everything appears fine now, just thought I'd post this in case there are others that are seeing the same thing.

    Regards,
    Tom
  14. xorg's Avatar
    Posts
    633 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    #754  
    Nice update. The app is maturing nicely. Keep up the good work, I've donated. If others find it as useful as I do, I hope they donate too to keep you actively working on this.
  15.    #755  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    I had a bit of a hiccup when updating to 0.9.7 (had 0.9.5 installed - "registered" version). Things seem fine now, so this is just informational -- keep or toss.

    I had 0.9.5 open as a card when I started FileCoaster and saw the QC update. I downloaded and installed the update, forgetting I had 0.9.5 open, though I have no idea if this would be a problem.

    When I restarted QC, it opened to a blank screen, with a "+" in the upper left. I went into the menu and selected "view as grid". Still no contacts, now just empty grids. Then, I went into preferences and viewed all 3 tabs of preferences, though I didn't change any. Upon returning to the app (backswipe), all contacts were again visible.

    Like I say, everything appears fine now, just thought I'd post this in case there are others that are seeing the same thing.

    Regards,
    Tom
    A few people have reported that it does show all their contacts have been erased at first. But once you go back to it, it works fine. Not sure exactly what causes this but your contacts are all still there. Looking into it...

    uptempo777
  16. wodin's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #756  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    A few people have reported that it does show all their contacts have been erased at first. But once you go back to it, it works fine. Not sure exactly what causes this but your contacts are all still there. Looking into it...

    uptempo777
    That happend to me, after updating it came up in list view, and said it was importing contacts but the list remained blank. I closed and restarted and the list came up, then I switched to grid view and the grid remained blank. I closed and reopend and am now a happy cmmper.

    I sent my donation. Thanks!
  17. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    When I restarted QC, it opened to a blank screen, with a "+" in the upper left. I went into the menu and selected "view as grid". Still no contacts, now just empty grids. Then, I went into preferences and viewed all 3 tabs of preferences, though I didn't change any. Upon returning to the app (backswipe), all contacts were again visible.
    Yep same thing for me except I assumed at first that since I removed the previous version then installed the new, it didn't keep my settings so I started to add my contacts back and after the first one I discovered that they all were right where I left them This only happened in the initial install. Opening it since has not shown this issue again.
    Last edited by dragbug; 09/24/2009 at 04:30 PM.
  18. #758  
    How do I donate after the program has been added to my phone?
  19. #759  
    I noticed that when I press the quickcontact icon on the launcher it can take a couple of seconds to load. i see the screen that tells me that i have so many days left on the trial. If donate, would that screen go away? WOuld the app load faster?
  20. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #760  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodriguez4231 View Post
    I noticed that when I press the quickcontact icon on the launcher it can take a couple of seconds to load. i see the screen that tells me that i have so many days left on the trial. If donate, would that screen go away? WOuld the app load faster?
    Yes the days thing would go away and allow the program to boot a little faster.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions