Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 1340
  1. pwabbit's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #721  
    uptempo777, I love your app. It seems like it is on its way to being a very polished program. You certainly deserve to reap some rewards from your excellent creation.
  2.    #722  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    great app.how much are you planning to sell it for on app catalog? there were no updates since 9/9/09, any updates soon(it would be nice to have an option like this: if you long press a photo and goto the contact screen, after you dialed or sms, it will go back to the photo screen and not remain on the single contact screen)?
    thank you.
    I'm still considering what would be the most reasonable price point in the App Catalog and talking with my Palm rep about that.

    Return to main contact screen - Good idea, might be a possibility for a future release.

    In terms of updates, stay tuned....!
    Last edited by uptempo777; 09/23/2009 at 12:38 PM.
  3. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #723  
    I've been using this app for several days and have found it to be very easy to use. I donated last night and you asked for feedback to improve this app but at the time I couldn't think of anything. I just remembered one quirk that I discovered on the first day I was using this. It may have been discussed already but I am to lazy to read all 37 pages, sorry.

    The issue I discovered was when I updated my daughters picture. For some reason, Quick Contacts insisted on using the original picture instead of the updated one. I even tried doing the resync and that didn't seem to resolve the problem either. What I eventually had to do was delete the original picture from my phone and the contact from Quick Contacts. At one point I finally got it to use the new picture but then it showed up very blurry as though it was resized wrong. Took me a few times retrying the picture but in the end it finally gave in. So far, out of the two contacts I changed/updated pictures for, I have had this problem for both.
    Last edited by dragbug; 09/23/2009 at 01:16 PM.
  4.    #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    I've been using this app for several days and have found it to be very easy to use. I donated last night and you asked for feedback to improve this app but at the time I couldn't think of anything. I just remembered one quirk that I discovered on the first day I was using this. It may have been discussed already but I am to lazy to read all 37 pages, sorry.

    The issue I discovered was when I updated my daughters picture. For some reason, Quick Contacts insisted on using the original picture instead of the updated one. I even tried doing the resync and that didn't seem to resolve the problem either. What I eventually had to do was delete the original picture from my phone and the contact from Quick Contacts. At one point I finally got it to use the new picture but then it showed up very blurry as though it was resized wrong. Took me a few times retrying the picture but in the end it finally gave in. So far, out of the two contacts I changed/updated pictures for, I have had this problem for both.
    The issue is something I'm trying to fix. What a lot of people have done as a workaround to use the picture they want is to Unlink the profile that has the photo they want. Then you can use Quick Contacts to use that newly unlinked profile. Then link it back in and the correct photo will remain.

    I'm also working on the resizing/cropping feature so that people won't look blurry or squished.

    Thanks for the feedback!
    uptempo777
  5. #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    great app.how much are you planning to sell it for on app catalog? there were no updates since 9/9/09, any updates soon(it would be nice to have an option like this: if you long press a photo and goto the contact screen, after you dialed or sms, it will go back to the photo screen and not remain on the single contact screen)?
    thank you.

    Wow.

    I came back into this thread to suggest the EXACT same thing.
  6. wodin's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #726  
    Great work, I Love it and will be most happy to pay full retail if I didn't have to use PayPal. App catalog perhaps?

    I keep this card open all of the time. When I reset my Pre I have to re-open it. Can a toggle be put in that says something like "Lauch on Startup"
  7.    #727  
    Newly released today: Quick Contacts v0.9.7

    Here are the highlights:
    - Added feature: List View
    - Added feature: Can change display name for each contact
    - Added feature: Preferred target can now be Phone, SMS, Email or Prompt
    - Added: Photo Image now shows icon based on Preferred target chosen
    - Updated Preferences
    - Updated Help

    If you currently have an trial version and are not registered, this new version will extend your trial another 14 days. So try it out and let me know what you think.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 09/23/2009 at 06:52 PM.
  8. Habidabad's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #728  
    I love all the new features!

    However, it would be nice to touch and drag the contacts to rearrange the order.

    What does it mean by "contact details on dial" in the preferences? Do I need to have something turned off or on to use this feature? I'm not quite sure what this means.

    Keep up the great work!
  9. smkcpa's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #729  
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    Great work, I Love it and will be most happy to pay full retail if I didn't have to use PayPal. App catalog perhaps?

    I keep this card open all of the time. When I reset my Pre I have to re-open it. Can a toggle be put in that says something like "Lauch on Startup"
    You can download AppLaunch from post #8 here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1900880

    It basically is a launch button that you hit after you turn on your phone and it will automatically launch up to 10 Palm Apps and 4 Custom Apps.

    I have Quick Contacts as 1 of my custom apps, along with a few other apps that I always want running. I have the launchpoint on my main launcher bar instead of the individual Palm App icons.

    When I turn on my phone, I just hit the launchpoint for AppLaunch, and all of my presets open.
    Steve
  10. #730  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Newly released today: Quick Contacts v0.9.7

    Here are the highlights:
    - Added feature: List View
    - Added feature: Can change display name for each contact
    - Added feature: Preferred target can now be Phone, SMS, Email or Prompt
    - Added: Photo Image now shows icon based on Preferred target chosen
    - Updated Preferences
    - Updated Help

    If you currently have an trial version and are not registered, this new version will extend your trial another 14 days. So try it out and let me know what you think.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Just updated to the new version. Have set the mobile number for SMS as the preferred number for the contact. Click the SMS button from inside the contact, click it as preferred number dialing from main screen, or from the SMS next to the actual phone number and it still attempts to text to the person's landline. This is a killer app but needs to be tweaked as I don't want to have to decide which # to text this person at when the app should do it for me. Please help me out.
  11. #731  
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrownswin View Post
    Just updated to the new version. Have set the mobile number for SMS as the preferred number for the contact. Click the SMS button from inside the contact, click it as preferred number dialing from main screen, or from the SMS next to the actual phone number and it still attempts to text to the person's landline. This is a killer app but needs to be tweaked as I don't want to have to decide which # to text this person at when the app should do it for me. Please help me out.
    I am also experiencing bugs with this. It seems to only happen with certain numbers. For example, I have a contact with 3 numbers. If I click the first number's SMS button, it launches the messaging app and selects the correct number. Same for the second number. However, if I click the third number, it launches the messaging app and defaults to the first number. It should definitely use the number that I click on from Quick Contacts. Hopefully this can be resolved.
  12.    #732  
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrownswin View Post
    Just updated to the new version. Have set the mobile number for SMS as the preferred number for the contact. Click the SMS button from inside the contact, click it as preferred number dialing from main screen, or from the SMS next to the actual phone number and it still attempts to text to the person's landline. This is a killer app but needs to be tweaked as I don't want to have to decide which # to text this person at when the app should do it for me. Please help me out.
    Sorry still looking into that. I'll see if I can get that resolved.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  13. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #733  
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    Great work, I Love it and will be most happy to pay full retail if I didn't have to use PayPal. App catalog perhaps?

    I keep this card open all of the time. When I reset my Pre I have to re-open it. Can a toggle be put in that says something like "Lauch on Startup"
    As far as I know, Pay Pal is not required by a user to purchase an app. It is required for the developer in order to get paid when the app is purchased. I didn't have to use Pay Pal to donate even though it takes me to a Pay Pal site. The option for other forms of payment was on the same page although rather hard to find at first.
  14. #734  
    What would be nice for this program is faster load time and a quick button for voicmail.
  15.    #735  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrecbaker1 View Post
    What would be nice for this program is faster load time and a quick button for voicmail.
    For now, you can add your own phone number into one of the contact spots. Then name it to Voicemail.

    uptempo777
  16. #736  
    love the new update. It would be nice to get rid of the question mark if you choose to be prompted. Since I'm sure most of us have nice pictures for your contacts, that question mark kind of takes away from the pictures. I text and email or call most of my quick contacts so I really like the prompt don't get me wrong, it's a great idea. Keep up the good work!. best app so far for me
  17. #737  
    Would love to donate but PayPal kinda sucks, any other way to Donate?
  18.    #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by 63alfred View Post
    Would love to donate but PayPal kinda sucks, any other way to Donate?
    Currently Paypal is the only way I can accept donations. Is there anything in particular about it you don't like?

    uptempo777
  19. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    [B]- Added: Photo Image now shows icon based on Preferred target chosen
    This is nice, but it would be even nicer to have an icon based on the type of number (not just phone vs. email vs. sms). In other words, home vs. work vs. mobile. I've been fudging this by changing the name of the person (nice feature!). My wife, however, in not pleased that her new name is "Blackberry."
  20.    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This is nice, but it would be even nicer to have an icon based on the type of number (not just phone vs. email vs. sms). In other words, home vs. work vs. mobile. I've been fudging this by changing the name of the person (nice feature!). My wife, however, in not pleased that her new name is "Blackberry."
    Yeah, I didn't want to put too many icons on top of the image and I figured it was more important to know exactly what type of preferred item is saved there.

    As you said, changing the name actually works to an advantage so you can append - Home or (H) or any variation of how you want to show their name.

    Blackberry huh? hehe.

    uptempo777

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions