Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 1340
  1. jcbone's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #701  
    Just donated uptempo777! Thanks for the great app and I'm lookin forward to future updates.
  2. #702  
    To the OP, I really like this application and think its a winner, and has been indispensable on my Pre since I got it. I just updated and noticed the splash screen for the trial limit today.

    My question is, why do you call it a "donation" as opposed to a "fee". When Im told if I dont pay a "specific" amount for an item I can no longer utilize its functionality isnt that a cost, not a donation? Im confused.
  3. #703  
    Love this app - downloaded last night and have totally replaced my dialer with this!!

    Couple of things - any way to make the Pre's green dialer go away after a call, its a pain to have to keep closing it.

    Can you make it able to use customizable backgrounds or transparent so I can see my favorite wallpaper through it - I love apps that do that.

    Lastly - where do we get the instructions for lifetime upgrades?
  4. #704  
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    for the last 2 posters, need to check out "Photo Dialer" in the official Palm App catalog

    it just got an update yesterday and has a lot of features,including the background changer, icon to indicate what number the photo dials to (home,cell,etc) and a lot more

    Furthermore it requires no "donation" and is totally free, check it out
    Also launchpad homebrew can do the same just clear out one of your 3 pages on your Pre's launch screen
  5. #705  
    So I just switched to the Photo Dialer app in the official app catalog. I have to say that while your app is SO MUCH MORE COMPLETE the 1 thing that ultimately drove me away was the fact that when my contacts updated their photos on facebook, I just get blank squares in my app.

    If this is fixed, please let me know as I'll quickly switch back however, being that it is a "photo" based dialer on a phone that give me real time visuals linked to facebook... major deal killer.

    Please... help me come back to your app!
  6. #706  
    Nice job on the fix for the soft reboot. I donated 5 bucks to your cause.
  7. #707  
    Whenever I click on the SMS button for one of my Contacts it is trying to send the SMS to their home number. This is not their preferred number, but is at the top of the list in QuickContacts. I have removed all old SMS from this person and the new conversation is listed only with their mobile number. However, any time I use QuickContacts to try this I have to try and change the number it is being defaulted to. Please correct this as it is a huge nuisance.
  8. #708  
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrownswin View Post
    Whenever I click on the SMS button for one of my Contacts it is trying to send the SMS to their home number. This is not their preferred number, but is at the top of the list in QuickContacts. I have removed all old SMS from this person and the new conversation is listed only with their mobile number. However, any time I use QuickContacts to try this I have to try and change the number it is being defaulted to. Please correct this as it is a huge nuisance.
    I have the same issue. Clicking the SMS button launches the new message screen, but does not change the number to the one I clicked. I must manually click on the "TEXT" button and change it to the correct number after the new message screen appears.
  9. #709  
    Donated last night for me and
    my wife we really like this app

    Fred
  10.    #710  
    Quote Originally Posted by swtmelrose View Post
    Love this app - downloaded last night and have totally replaced my dialer with this!!

    Couple of things - any way to make the Pre's green dialer go away after a call, its a pain to have to keep closing it.

    Can you make it able to use customizable backgrounds or transparent so I can see my favorite wallpaper through it - I love apps that do that.

    Lastly - where do we get the instructions for lifetime upgrades?
    I'm working on getting backgrounds selectable from your own photos. It's not available just yet though.

    I haven't been able to get the app to close the Phone Dialer yet after making a call but that's something that is on my list of things to do.

    You should've received an email with instructions on how to get registered. Private Message me your email address if you didn't get it.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  11.    #711  
    Quote Originally Posted by onthepitch View Post
    So I just switched to the Photo Dialer app in the official app catalog. I have to say that while your app is SO MUCH MORE COMPLETE the 1 thing that ultimately drove me away was the fact that when my contacts updated their photos on facebook, I just get blank squares in my app.

    If this is fixed, please let me know as I'll quickly switch back however, being that it is a "photo" based dialer on a phone that give me real time visuals linked to facebook... major deal killer.

    Please... help me come back to your app!
    Yeah the photos being blank are something I'm working on fixing for the next release. So whether Palm allows an auto sync or not, the photo will remain. Stay tuned for that...

    uptempo777
  12.    #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I have the same issue. Clicking the SMS button launches the new message screen, but does not change the number to the one I clicked. I must manually click on the "TEXT" button and change it to the correct number after the new message screen appears.
    Ok, I'll give that a look and see what's causing that. That hasn't happened to me as far as I know. Do you know if anything's changed with those particular contact's? You added a new phone number, removed a phone number, or anything like that?

    uptempo777
  13.    #713  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    To the OP, I really like this application and think its a winner, and has been indispensable on my Pre since I got it. I just updated and noticed the splash screen for the trial limit today.

    My question is, why do you call it a "donation" as opposed to a "fee". When Im told if I dont pay a "specific" amount for an item I can no longer utilize its functionality isnt that a cost, not a donation? Im confused.
    I appreciate the feedback thomasanderson.

    One of the main purposes for developers putting their apps on homebrew here on PreCentral is to get the user community's feedback. And with that feedback we are able to make changes that fit your needs as well as find any bugs that need addressing before and after it gets on the App Catalog.

    I call it a donation because the program is usable if you do not donate. You can access all of its features. You will get the startup screen saying that this is a trial version but after it expires, it will still be usable but it will let you know that you are past your trial.

    Palm has required that any version of an app that is on homebrew be a beta/trial version unlike a full version that would be on the App Catalog. By making this a trial version, I am complying with what Palm has asked for when it does go to the App Catalog.

    If you compare this to other apps that around here, some of them will stop working after a certain set date. The trial I give is 14 days and with any new version I put up and you download, it will extend your trial another 14 days so you can try it out.

    Unforunately I do have a fulltime job and don't have unlimited amount of time to develop Quick Contacts or any other app. Quick Contacts was never meant to be a free app since I'd like to think my time and effort are worth something. All donations that are received are a big help towards me continuing development and responding to people's feedback (through support or updates). As a reward for those that do donate, I remove the trial notification as a thank you and I know those people appreciate my efforts.

    Anyone is free to wait until it is on the App Catalog but it will not be free there either. Right now, everyone here gets to use it without waiting for it to be available on the App Catalog and a large majority of people have let me know that it is very useful.

    So for everyone that has donated or will donate, thank you. If you will purchase it from the App Catalog, thank you too. Also, everyone that has given feedback or reported bugs, thank you. But for anyone that is upset that I am asking for a donation, I'm sorry that I can't please you.

    uptempo777
  14.    #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    for the last 2 posters, need to check out "Photo Dialer" in the official Palm App catalog

    it just got an update yesterday and has a lot of features,including the background changer, icon to indicate what number the photo dials to (home,cell,etc) and a lot more

    Furthermore it requires no "donation" and is totally free, check it out
    Also launchpad homebrew can do the same just clear out one of your 3 pages on your Pre's launch screen
    Jupiter600: I'm assuming that by quoting the word DONATION and also from one of your previous posts here, you are one of those people that are upset that Quick Contacts will not remain free forever. I'm sorry that it does not fit in your budget.

    In regards to Photo Dialer and Launchpad, I do not mind people using other software products out there since those developers have worked hard as well to make good products and if it suits what people are looking for, then that's cool with me.
    Last edited by uptempo777; 09/21/2009 at 04:08 AM.
  15. newostyle's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #715  
    I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I seem to get an autodimming bug when I place calls from within your Quick Contacts app. Once the call is placed the screen will turn off once I place the phone up to my face (I'm assuming that's due to the proximity sensor). The problem is that once I take the phone away from my face, the screen starts to flicker. It will turn on for a second, then turn off for a second, despite if I'm still on the phone call at all.

    I've only experienced this problem when making a call from Quick contacts so I wanted to let you know, just in case this was something someone else may have encountered.

    Thanks for all of your work on this product. I know a lot of time goes into coding.
  16. rumurphy's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #716  
    My feedback:

    Overall I really like the progress of features in the app.. but I have a bad feeling those new features are at the expense of initial load time. The "Quick" in "Quick Contacts" I feel is a misnomer at this point. I don't if it's the splash screen or just the addition of the splash screen psychologically makes me think it's slower.

    All I know is.. I'm relying more and more on Speed Dial just so I can avoid the splash screen. Is there anyway you can speed up initial load? Or maybe is that splash screen there only for Demo version?
  17. smkcpa's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #717  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumurphy View Post
    My feedback:

    Overall I really like the progress of features in the app.. but I have a bad feeling those new features are at the expense of initial load time. The "Quick" in "Quick Contacts" I feel is a misnomer at this point. I don't if it's the splash screen or just the addition of the splash screen psychologically makes me think it's slower.

    All I know is.. I'm relying more and more on Speed Dial just so I can avoid the splash screen. Is there anyway you can speed up initial load? Or maybe is that splash screen there only for Demo version?
    I open Quick Contact every morning and leave it running all day - so I only see the splash screen once.
    Steve
  18. #718  
    I also just donated!!!...Check your PP account!!!

    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  19.    #719  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumurphy View Post
    My feedback:

    Overall I really like the progress of features in the app.. but I have a bad feeling those new features are at the expense of initial load time. The "Quick" in "Quick Contacts" I feel is a misnomer at this point. I don't if it's the splash screen or just the addition of the splash screen psychologically makes me think it's slower.

    All I know is.. I'm relying more and more on Speed Dial just so I can avoid the splash screen. Is there anyway you can speed up initial load? Or maybe is that splash screen there only for Demo version?
    You are correct that load up time is only slow because of the startup screen. Moreover, it's because I check to see if you are registered. Once you are registered, it no longer checks to see if you are registered so startup time should be as quick as any other app.

    The version that will be on the App Catalog will not check if you are registered so that slow down won't be there.

    So basically, you have a few choices to avoid the delay of the splash screen:

    1) leave it open all the time
    2) wait for it to go on sale in the official app catalog
    3) for people that donate $5 or more before it gets on the official app catalog, i'm registering your copy of Quick Contacts so that it loads quickly and additionally does not expire after the trial.

    uptempo777
  20. #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    You are correct that load up time is only slow because of the startup screen. Moreover, it's because I check to see if you are registered. Once you are registered, it no longer checks to see if you are registered so startup time should be as quick as any other app.

    The version that will be on the App Catalog will not check if you are registered so that slow down won't be there.

    So basically, you have a few choices to avoid the delay of the splash screen:

    1) leave it open all the time
    2) wait for it to go on sale in the official app catalog
    3) for people that donate $5 or more before it gets on the official app catalog, i'm registering your copy of Quick Contacts so that it loads quickly and additionally does not expire after the trial.

    uptempo777

    great app.how much are you planning to sell it for on app catalog? there were no updates since 9/9/09, any updates soon(it would be nice to have an option like this: if you long press a photo and goto the contact screen, after you dialed or sms, it will go back to the photo screen and not remain on the single contact screen)?
    thank you.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions