Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1340
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by f22loader View Post
    I changed a Contact picture and re-synched that contact. The old picture still comes up. I then deleted the pic from my phone and again re-synched the contact with the new pic. Still shows the old deleted contact photo. Deleted QC, rebooted the phone, re-installed QC, re-synched the contact again and the old pic is still showing up.

    What else can I do to get rid of this old pic? Is there some kind of a cache and if there is, why wouldn't it be deleted when the app is deleted? Seems like it keeps grabbing that same old pic from somewhere.
    Yeah the WebOS keeps on sending a picture (from the contact picker) that's not even there anymore. It's weird. It actually has been noted that it occurs in other applications so not too sure why or how they are sending an old picture. Anyone have any solutions for this? They REALLY want you to use that old picture. =)

    uptempo777
  2. #682  
    Not sure if this has been said yet or not but it would be nice to know what the contact is. There is a dial by photo app in the app catalog that adds a small icon to the bottom of the picture to let you know where the call is going. Ie a cell phone or house icon. If I have 2 of the same picture I don't know which is which
  3. #683  
    Uptempo,

    Not often, but still every now and then some of my contacts' SMS button opens up "unknown". I know resyncing fixes it, but it may be a bug to look into.

    Thanks!
  4. #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Yeah the WebOS keeps on sending a picture (from the contact picker) that's not even there anymore. It's weird. It actually has been noted that it occurs in other applications so not too sure why or how they are sending an old picture. Anyone have any solutions for this? They REALLY want you to use that old picture. =)

    uptempo777
    I've seen this when I have two or more profiles assigned to one person.

    Usually with me, the Facebook pic is where my problem originates. I usually have a different pic assigned to a contact (on their Google profile) that already has a Facebook pic assigned to it. When I run into this issue, I have to unlink the Facebook Profile and the Google profile (so now I have two separate profiles in my contacts for the same person). I then assign/resync the Google profile to Quick contacts (where it shows up with the correct pic) and then I'll go back and relink the two profiles in contacts.

    This sometimes happens within the stock phone dialer app as well, especially after you get a new Pre and reload your new Pre with your Palm Profile back-up. Kinda strange.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5. #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by f22loader View Post
    I changed a Contact picture and re-synched that contact. The old picture still comes up. I then deleted the pic from my phone and again re-synched the contact with the new pic. Still shows the old deleted contact photo. Deleted QC, rebooted the phone, re-installed QC, re-synched the contact again and the old pic is still showing up.

    What else can I do to get rid of this old pic? Is there some kind of a cache and if there is, why wouldn't it be deleted when the app is deleted? Seems like it keeps grabbing that same old pic from somewhere.
    Had the same problem, deleted the contact in the contact folder and QC and then put back and this solved the problem of the old photo coming back.
  6. #686  
    Hey great app. I made my donation. Are you thinking about adding an email button?
  7.    #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by palcallao View Post
    Hey great app. I made my donation. Are you thinking about adding an email button?
    Thanks!

    An email button where?

    uptempo777
  8. #688  
    Quote Originally Posted by palcallao View Post
    Hey great app. I made my donation. Are you thinking about adding an email button?
    There already is an e-mail button.
  9. #689  
    You know how on each contact page you have the preferred Number and the text button then it says "No email address are associated with this contact". I do have emails for my contacts but there is no option to add one there. Or at least I havent figured it out.
  10.    #690  
    Quote Originally Posted by palcallao View Post
    You know how on each contact page you have the preferred Number and the text button then it says "No email address are associated with this contact". I do have emails for my contacts but there is no option to add one there. Or at least I havent figured it out.
    Oh I see. Resync the contact and the email addresses should show up. Most likely the email addresses were added after you created that person in Quick Contacts.

    Crossing my fingers that WebOS v1.2 will allow me to program in automatic syncing.

    uptempo777
  11. #691  
    Oh never mind...lol. I just did figured it out..lol.
  12. #692  
    when I resync the profile it doesnt add the URL for example facebook profile.
  13.    #693  
    Quote Originally Posted by palcallao View Post
    when I resync the profile it doesnt add the URL for example facebook profile.
    I'm not sure what you mean by adding the URL. Can you give an example?
  14. #694  
    Is there a way to change the order of phone numbers within a contact? I sometimes try to SMS a work number.
  15.    #695  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Is there a way to change the order of phone numbers within a contact? I sometimes try to SMS a work number.
    Not right now. But that's an idea I might be able to run with.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  16. #696  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    I know it's a bit slower initially to load the app since it does check to see if you are registered. For the people that are registered, the app is relatively quick to get into and use.

    I would ask that if you do decide to evaluate Quick Contacts, you try it out with the app's intended ability in mind and not the opening screen because when it's available in the app catalog, it won't be a trial version and it won't have that extended startup delay that non-registered users experience.

    uptempo777
    HI uptempo777 I'm a reggisterd user and my quick contact still loads up slow...a count of 5seconds what shal i do boo whoo
  17.    #697  
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGTONE JOE View Post
    HI uptempo777 I'm a reggisterd user and my quick contact still loads up slow...a count of 5seconds what shal i do boo whoo
    That's the fastest you are gonna get all of the apps to run here, give or take a second. Only the dialer runs faster which I believe runs in the background. Still working on doing that if it's possible.

    uptempo777
  18. #698  
    Sorry for the late reply. Here is my example. You know how you can add an URL to your contacts and birthdays, nickname ect ect. It would be nice if you could add an URL button to quick contacts so everytime you check your contact you can email, text, call or check their page on facebook/myspace ect. ect. I know that you can sync your facebook. But I have like 270 friends and I don't call or talk to all of them.
  19. leftfoot's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #699  
    Is there a way to have the app stay open after you make a call?
  20.    #700  
    Quote Originally Posted by leftfoot View Post
    Is there a way to have the app stay open after you make a call?
    Yes, make sure you turn Off "Close on Dial" in the Preferences menu. The app will stay open after the call.

    uptempo777

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions