Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
  1.    #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by sebacho05 View Post
    Would there be an option to choose your own wallpaper?? or a way to modify it via root?
    That's something I'm working on for the next release.
    I agree with earlier posts that the speed issues are a huge drawback to this app. It makes it quicker to open the keyboard and set up speed dial with letters on the keyboard or to just do a universal search for the person which is what the apps is supposed to correct.
    This could mean something, or it could mean nothing but...

My power consumption increased dramatically, about a week ago, after I added a number of programs and added some tweaks, AND I finally lost my battle to keep 1.1 off my phone, and my power consumption increased dramatically (I ran out in half to 2/3 the normal time). I do run the Pre with CPU-Scaling, which generally allowed me about 60% power consumption over a 14-16 hour period, with fairly regular use.

For about a week now, I have been averaging a 10% power drain per hour, with very low use. Any increase in use kills the battery even faster (i.e., a 1.5 hour call on a fresh battery, will kill it).

Today, I backed off EVERYTHING except Quick Contacts and Web OS 1.1. I still had the 10% per hour power drain.

With only Quick Contacts resident, and minimal use, I was still losing an average of 10% power per hour. This dropped to 5% per hour, after I removed Quick Contacts.

Does this make sense? Is it possible that the same feature that populates it with Facebook pics, is draining power in the background?
    Last edited by pelikan3; 09/12/2009 at 08:39 AM.
  4.    #664  
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    This could mean something, or it could mean nothing but...

My power consumption increased dramatically, about a week ago, after I added a number of programs and added some tweaks, AND I finally lost my battle to keep 1.1 off my phone, and my power consumption increased dramatically (I ran out in half to 2/3 the normal time). I do run the Pre with CPU-Scaling, which generally allowed me about 60% power consumption over a 14-16 hour period, with fairly regular use.

For about a week now, I have been averaging a 10% power drain per hour, with very low use. Any increase in use kills the battery even faster (i.e., a 1.5 hour call on a fresh battery, will kill it).

Today, I backed off EVERYTHING except Quick Contacts and Web OS 1.1. I still had the 10% per hour power drain.

With only Quick Contacts resident, and minimal use, I was still losing an average of 10% power per hour. This dropped to 5% per hour, after I removed Quick Contacts.

Does this make sense? Is it possible that the same feature that populates it with Facebook pics, is draining power in the background?
    That's interesting. It really shouldn't make any substantial drain since Quick Contacts is not constantly polling anything. And since it's not automatically syncing with your contacts, there's not drain there.

Are you saying that after you uninstalled it, it dropped to 5% per hour or after you closed the program, it dropped? I ask because if it's not running, I don't see why it would have any effect on power consumption.

Granted, if I do work on making it run in the background to increase speed, power consumption would be a consideration.

uptempo777
  5.    #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrownswin View Post
    I agree with earlier posts that the speed issues are a huge drawback to this app. It makes it quicker to open the keyboard and set up speed dial with letters on the keyboard or to just do a universal search for the person which is what the apps is supposed to correct.
    I know it's a bit slower initially to load the app since it does check to see if you are registered. For the people that are registered, the app is relatively quick to get into and use.

I would ask that if you do decide to evaluate Quick Contacts, you try it out with the app's intended ability in mind and not the opening screen because when it's available in the app catalog, it won't be a trial version and it won't have that extended startup delay that non-registered users experience.

uptempo777
    Using the keyboard isn't any faster when using the registered version of this app.
    I registered this app the other night, and I am telling you this app opens fast, and, where this app really shines is when you need to call someone while driving. Makes placing a call so much easier, safer, and faster, when driving.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    As others have said, the registered version is quite fast. But personally, I just leave the card open all the time. If you keep it in the small version you can't even notice it much. But then again, even though I like my wallpaper I also kind of like looking at my phone and seeing the smiling faces of my 9 closest friends and family
    Hi there
    I installed v8.5 on my wife's Pre many moons ago. She loves it. I updated it to the new version today and she hates it. I don't use this app myself (no particular reason why), but as it turns out, my wife is not a fan of the changes to her phone. Serves me right for tinkering with it. How do I revert back to version 8.5?
  9.    #669  
    Can you be more specific about why she hates it? By default it looks exactly the same way as v0.8.5. It would only look different if you add background themes and show names.

Uptempo777
    I have few inquiries/suggestions:
    How can you change the sequence of your contacts? is there a way of replacing the picture with another without going to the contact list? I updated the info in contacts but the info was not changed in the
    "QuickContacts". is there a way of just displaying the phone i.e. Mobile, Home, .. on the picture? this comes handy when you want to assign two contacts to the same person i.e. mobile and Home for speed dialing i.e. when driving.
  11.    #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oalzahal View Post
    I have few inquiries/suggestions:
    How can you change the sequence of your contacts? is there a way of replacing the picture with another without going to the contact list? I updated the info in contacts but the info was not changed in the
    "QuickContacts". is there a way of just displaying the phone i.e. Mobile, Home, .. on the picture? this comes handy when you want to assign two contacts to the same person i.e. mobile and Home for speed dialing i.e. when driving.
    On my list of things to do are to rearrange the same way as things are rearrange on the launcher: tap and hold and drag. Also, I'm working on having an indicator of which phone is stored as a preferred number on the main screen. Part of what might help that also is that I'll let you assign a nickname so you can know have your own idea of what is set as the preferred number by whatever you want to name your contact.

Right now, Quick Contacts are not automatically synced with your main contacts. You will have to replace/resync them if their info/picture has changed. Once the WebOS supports automatic syncing then I'll make that part of Quick Contacts as well.
    I think I may have found a bug?

In the normal contacts when you press the SMS button next to the number, it opens the messaging screen with the person's name at the top and in the threaded view (past conversation) if any.

In Quick Contacts when i press the SMS button, it goes to a blank messaging screen with 'unknown' in the name field at the top and i have to manually set the name.

Shouldn't QC behave as the native contacts does and described in the second paragraph above?

thanks for a great product man - i love this - just have to send in my uuid number - (oh if it could cut and paste that into the e-mail....)

Thanks again!

Dwayne Wilson
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I donated back on 8/29. Can you resend the instructions so the app doesn't expire.

Tks,
    doc
    Hi, i bought a palm pre yesterday but could not pass the contacts form my old cellphone. I have them stored on outlook, is there any software that can be used to transfer the contacts from outlook to my palm?
  15.    #675  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsondm2 View Post
    I think I may have found a bug?

In the normal contacts when you press the SMS button next to the number, it opens the messaging screen with the person's name at the top and in the threaded view (past conversation) if any.

In Quick Contacts when i press the SMS button, it goes to a blank messaging screen with 'unknown' in the name field at the top and i have to manually set the name.

Shouldn't QC behave as the native contacts does and described in the second paragraph above?

thanks for a great product man - i love this - just have to send in my uuid number - (oh if it could cut and paste that into the e-mail....)

Thanks again!

Dwayne Wilson
    Just resync it and it should be fine and behave as expected and go to the conversation for that contact.

uptempo777
  16.    #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by franco009 View Post
    Hi, i bought a palm pre yesterday but could not pass the contacts form my old cellphone. I have them stored on outlook, is there any software that can be used to transfer the contacts from outlook to my palm?
    From what I remember when I first got my Pre, there was instructions to transfer your Outlook contacts to either a Palm Profile or your gmail account. Once you do that, then you can sync it with your Pre contacts.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by franco009 View Post
    Companionlink will sync between Outlook and Gmail - and Gmail will sync to your Pre.
    Steve
    might I suggest getting rid of the title bar for another row of contacts? seems a bit redundant given the app name is already in the menu bar. though, i guess it'd be tight, you'd have to shrink the existing icon set as well. I'd be cool with that, but I gather i'm in the minority for that.

It still seems you could use the space for something else maybe. Not quite sure what, but that redundant naming bothers me (not just this, across all the apps, I just happen to use this more =)
  19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    might I suggest getting rid of the title bar for another row of contacts? seems a bit redundant given the app name is already in the menu bar. though, i guess it'd be tight, you'd have to shrink the existing icon set as well. I'd be cool with that, but I gather i'm in the minority for that.

It still seems you could use the space for something else maybe. Not quite sure what, but that redundant naming bothers me (not just this, across all the apps, I just happen to use this more =)
    Thanks linh. You're right that it doesn't necessarily need to be there. I actually do have plans for that bar area in the future.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I changed a Contact picture and re-synched that contact. The old picture still comes up. I then deleted the pic from my phone and again re-synched the contact with the new pic. Still shows the old deleted contact photo. Deleted QC, rebooted the phone, re-installed QC, re-synched the contact again and the old pic is still showing up.

What else can I do to get rid of this old pic? Is there some kind of a cache and if there is, why wouldn't it be deleted when the app is deleted? Seems like it keeps grabbing that same old pic from somewhere.