Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Greatest app on this site, I love it... Its also the only app I actually donated to...Keep it up
    Any plans on adding a List View by the time it hits the App Catalog?
    Love the second page. Is there a limit on the number of pages for the future? I fill them as fast as you make them!
  4.    #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Any plans on adding a List View by the time it hits the App Catalog?
    Working on the List View but not sure if that will make the App Catalog release.
  5.    #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Love the second page. Is there a limit on the number of pages for the future? I fill them as fast as you make them!
    I didn't put more than 2 pages of contacts just to keep it fast. Adding too many would slow down Quick Contacts since I try to store all the contacts in memory to make it faster. If I can keep it reasonably quick, I'll see if I can add more though.

uptempo777
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Hi,

...I am noticing an even longer lag time in opening than I was before. The previous version (before 0.9.1) was taking an average of 5 seconds to open, vs the 2 seconds for the dialer itself. 0.9.5 is taking about 7 seconds to open. Part of this, is the extended hang time on the splash page so you can read the note about 14 day beta etc.
    I am noticing the same. I suspect that the lag time is caused by the app trying to connect to the web to determine the user's registration status. If I do not have a digital or WiFi signal, QC will completely hang on the splash screen. Developer please note: If I do not have a digital signal, I can not use Quick Contacts. The app is completely useless under this circumstance. This is a great app! If you can tell me that the splash screen lag problem will go away when I register, I will register. Thanks.
  7.    #647  
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousDan View Post
    I am noticing the same. I suspect that the lag time is caused by the app trying to connect to the web to determine the user's registration status. If I do not have a digital or WiFi signal, QC will completely hang on the splash screen. Developer please note: If I do not have a digital signal, I can not use Quick Contacts. The app is completely useless under this circumstance. This is a great app! If you can tell me that the splash screen lag problem will go away when I register, I will register. Thanks.
    You are absolutely correct. If you register, then it will not connect to the Internet to check your registration status and you won't get the delay on the splash screen.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    what is the process of registering? Do you automatically send the email to the paypal account that donated to you? Have you done this? I haven't received one.
    AWESOME Program! This was a feature I was going to miss from my Touch Pro. Thank you very much for your app.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    just donated, great app!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    You are absolutely correct. If you register, then it will not connect to the Internet to check your registration status and you won't get the delay on the splash screen.

uptempo777
    I sent my info... so how does my version become registered?
    Hi uptempo777 I donated the 5 bucks for the quick contacts thru paypal but I forgot to include my user name (DUH ON ME). Come on and say it loud wit me.....RINGTONE JOE LOL. But really what do I need to do so that I will not miss out on any quick contacts updates for life.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    The lag time on this version makes the program unappealing to me. I've had it for a month or so now w/ no complaints but now w/ the "must donate" info and time it takes for the program to load...makes me want a new program w/ simplicity of quick dialing by clicking a picture....forget all the other stuff.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGTONE JOE View Post
    Hi uptempo777 I donated the 5 bucks for the quick contacts thru paypal but I forgot to include my user name (DUH ON ME). Come on and say it loud wit me.....RINGTONE JOE LOL. But really what do I need to do so that I will not miss out on any quick contacts updates for life.
    I think I have the same issue, uptempo777! :-)

Sorry if this is a real pain. I donated quite some time ago but I have never received an email from you with a registration code.

Do I need to do something else to make that happen? Sorry if I missed something!
  15.    #655  
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGTONE JOE View Post
    For everyone that has donated, I've sent an email out yesterday night giving instructions on how to register so that Quick Contacts does not expire. If you should have gotten this email, check your spam mail to make sure it didn't go there. Otherwise, send me a Private Message with your information and I'll resend it to you.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Still Loving your Program.

Just a couple ideas....

Just to help future customers, would it be possible for the program to add the Device ID to the clip board so when they email you for registration they do not have to manually type in the whole ID #?

Instead of adding more pages for contacts, maybe add an option so the user can add more pages. This way if it starts to slow down the program or delay start up time the user can make the decision to have more contacts or a faster app. Maybe to avoid really poor performance set a MAX number of pages in the code. So maybe it could be between 1 and 5 pages and the user selects how many they want, perhaps with a warning it could slow down performance.

I have know idea of the performance hit if more pages were added or the difficulty of the programming, just throwing out ideas.

Does having the wallpaper in the program slow it down? Perhaps allow user to just use wallpapers already on the phone?

Keep up the hard work... Looking forward to all of your updates!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thanks for addressing the bugs we found in the last few days so quickly. Great program!

v0.9.5 seems to be working flawlessly (with the exception of scaling of facebook pics which I am sure you will get corrected)

First app I've bought/donated for - and did it twice (one for me and one for my wife). Great job!
    Last edited by jghacker; 09/11/2009 at 01:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    This is the only app that I donated to also. Love the app. Very clean look, wallpaper is great. What I love the most that the developer is so quick to include good suggestions from this (and maybe some other) forum. I have the confidence that this will be the best quick dialer for years to come. Kudos.
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    For everyone that has donated, I've sent an email out yesterday night giving instructions on how to register so that Quick Contacts does not expire. If you should have gotten this email, check your spam mail to make sure it didn't go there. Otherwise, send me a Private Message with your information and I'll resend it to you.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    OK I'm now set no more 14 days until expire thanks. But now can you get rid of that grey quick contact screen that pops up before the actual screen with the pictures and icons. I mean set it up in a way that once you tap the quick contacts icon, it takes you to the main first contact page . Also if you can can you make it load up faster and any other icon that you touch to load up faster. Thanks alot....OH and a third page is needed or give us the option to create any number of quick contact pages as needed. More background colors=candy red, medium royal blue, candy blue, candy burnt orange etc. Thanks agrain Bro keep up the good work . I hope that someone comes out with a media player that plays almost all or all file types that are on the net such as the ones that are on Hulu, quicktime, avi, wma, etc. etc.
    Last edited by RINGTONE JOE; 09/11/2009 at 02:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Would there be an option to choose your own wallpaper?? or a way to modify it via root?