Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Do we need to have the splash screen? I loved the way it just popped up and I was in my contacts like it was part of the phone. Now with the splash screen it takes a while to pop up and is like I am starting up a game or something. Don't get me wrong, this is my favorite app even with the recent glitches, which are part of development to make it cool and what everyone wants, but would like to not have the splash screen.
    yeah no splash please.

I understand your logic behind it. But is just not user friendly at all. Who wants to call somebody and see a splash screen before hand? Not only does it add waiting time is kind of annoying to wait for it to fade out in order for me to complete my task.
    Now that I am not in the trial anymore since I made the donation, the splash screen is simply a millisecond, can barely tell it even pops up.
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by djwilli View Post
    Do we need to have the splash screen? I loved the way it just popped up and I was in my contacts like it was part of the phone. Now with the splash screen it takes a while to pop up and is like I am starting up a game or something. Don't get me wrong, this is my favorite app even with the recent glitches, which are part of development to make it cool and what everyone wants, but would like to not have the splash screen.
    The main reason for the splash screen is that I found that it's pretty much going to take 4 seconds for the app to start up (same as all the other apps). Since the app needs to load your contacts into the app, that might take a second or two.

Before there was a splash screen, it would take 5 or 6 seconds combined but the problem is that you would sit there not knowing if anything is going on.

With at least a splash screen, the app starts up in 4 seconds, shows you the splash screen, then lets you know it's loading the contacts which takes that same 1 or 2 seconds.

Since this is a trial version, I do check the server to see if you have donated which accounts for a bit of an extra delay. If you have donated, then it won't check the server anymore and as djwilli said, you'll barely see the splash screen even show up.

uptempo777
    I'm getting the rebooting issue as well. Clear it up and I will happily "donate"
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Two questions:

1) Should the splash screen stop warning me that I have 14 days to to try out the app if I've donated? Because I have, and it still shows us.

2) Is there a way to set certain contacts to one-touch sms? Now that there is a second page, I'd love to be able to set the one-touch preferred number to be sms for some contacts.

Great, great app.
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, but Quick Contacts doesn't load up in Airplane Mode.
  8.    #608  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, but Quick Contacts doesn't load up in Airplane Mode.
    It does require Internet Access to see if you are registered which is why Airplane Mode doesn't work. But once you are registered, it does not check anymore and you'll be able to use it.
    New updates look good. I have not had a chance to look through and test yet. I would like to suggest that instead of included backdrops, just let the user select wallpaper that they already have. Also as a current donation customer how do I remove the trial warning?
    Thanks
  10.    #610  
    Alright let's try again. I'm pushing up v0.9.3 of Quick Contacts. Main issue is to try to get rid of the reboot problem. So if you've had that, try this version out and let me know if it fixes it. Also did a few minor things too:

Version 0.9.3 [9/9/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Fixed bug: After Replace/Resync to a different contact, Contact Details would not go to correct contact
    - Updated Help: Added Preferences>Contact Details on Dial
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Alright let's try again. I'm pushing up v0.9.3 of Quick Contacts. Main issue is to try to get rid of the reboot problem. So if you've had that, try this version out and let me know if it fixes it. Also did a few minor things too:

Version 0.9.3 [9/9/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Fixed bug: After Replace/Resync to a different contact, Contact Details would not go to correct contact
    - Updated Help: Added Preferences>Contact Details on Dial
    I did not have the reboot problem before, but do know. I tried to add a contact and it rebooted.

Edit: I added a couple more contacts without a reboot
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I installed 0.9.3 and still have the reboot issue when I add a contact with a picture, except now none of the pictures show at all - I have empty squares where the pictures used to show after reboot.

Last edited by loupy; 09/09/2009 at 07:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Great app. My only questions is I donated several weeks ago, but on the startup screen it still says I only have 14 days left to demo. Let me know if there is anything else I need to do. Thanks

John
    Hi,

Thank you for making a great application! I've just donated to get my free updates for life. Hopefully lots of others have as well.

Would you please consider a usability enhancement?

On my Treo, I had an application called TakePhone. It had quick dial buttons which, when just pressed, directly called the specified number (as you do). When I pressed the spacebar, it gave me a list of numbers to dial, without having to go to another screen.

I'd suggest when I press and hold the contact that you would give a dropdown of all the numbers to select from, with the last entry being a choice to edit my preference for this entry.

In this way, if I want to call someone via an alternate number, I just hold the picture, than select the number I want, without having to wait for a screen refresh.

Hope you can implement this, or something similar.

Regards,

Howard
    Great app. By far the most useful app I have found in either the homebrew or official app catalogs. And you should be receiving my donation this morning. Thanks for the fantastic work.

One request I would make is integration with Google Voice. I would love to see an option to dial using Google Voice rather than my own phone number.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Doug Goldring
    Editor-In-Chief
    Just Another Mobile Monday
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I recently updated to version 0.9.3 but now none of contacts with pictures native to my exchange account, or anything outside of google (I do not link my facebook contacts), show up. I have tried to resync the contact, as well as to delete the contact all together, and add it back into Quick contacts. The pictures still show up in the rest of my applications (contacts, messaging, etc.), but not in your Quick contacts program.
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by newostyle View Post
    I recently updated to version 0.9.3 but now none of contacts with pictures native to my exchange account, or anything outside of google (I do not link my facebook contacts), show up. I have tried to resync the contact, as well as to delete the contact all together, and add it back into Quick contacts. The pictures still show up in the rest of my applications (contacts, messaging, etc.), but not in your Quick contacts program.
    If you have downloaded v0.9.3 before 7:00am PST (9/9/09) this morning, I just re-uped that version that should put back the images that you are not seeing. I decided not to increment the version since there's no additional changes so if you're in that boat, just re-d/l v0.9.3.

Looks like the reboot issue isn't fixed yet so I'll keep on working on it.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    If you have downloaded v0.9.3 before 7:00am PST (9/9/09) this morning, I just re-uped that version that should put back the images that you are not seeing. I decided not to increment the version since there's no additional changes so if you're in that boat, just re-d/l v0.9.3.

Looks like the reboot issue isn't fixed yet so I'll keep on working on it.

uptempo777
    I think if the version number doesn't change, fileCoaster users can't download because it's seen as the same version. Is this right?
  19.    #619  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I think if the version number doesn't change, fileCoaster users can't download because it's seen as the same version. Is this right?
    You're right. I forgot FileCoaster got smarter in the newer versions. Ok, v0.9.4 is up. Doesn't fix the reboot issue yet but puts pictures back if you didn't have them.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    You're right. I forgot FileCoaster got smarter in the newer versions. Ok, v0.9.4 is up. Doesn't fix the reboot issue yet but puts pictures back if you didn't have them.

uptempo777
    Was about to report that reboot problem still exists for me on 0.9.4. Glad to see you acknowledged it. It allows me to add a contact, and then pauses for a good while. If I try to add another contact, the reboot problem persists. After rebooting, it allows me to add a new contact or two without rebooting... but there is a lag after one is added, and reboot DOES occur three contacts down the road.

This still happens with a delete and fresh re-install of the app.

Good luck fixing this problem before getting to 1.0!

Edit: now it reboots after every contact. I wish I could identify a pattern here but I can't.
    Last edited by vara411; 09/09/2009 at 10:31 AM.