Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    I made a donation, please it tell me I only have 10 days and it will stop working.
    my user name is pastorarnold.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Just checked back to see if I was the only one having the reboot issue. Mine was also the third contact but my first two did not have pictures. Keep up the good work. I will wait for the next update. Let me know when you would like for me to update and re test.
    Why does it stretch out my facebook contacts' pictures?

+1 on asking if you could round the edges.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Yeah I should be able to put a preference there for tapping on the image to bring up details.

I'll also look into cleaning up the names when it has a company name.

Thanks Willjitsu!
    I second the ability to remove the company name line.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I had reboot problem as well after updating the program from 0.8.5 to 0.9.2 ...

So I deleted the program and reinstalled. No luck.

Fortunately it's only a brief reboot... I think this was a bug on another app and it was remedied easily. Don't remember which.

Couple suggestions:

1) Fix da bug!
    2) I agree with others: no need for pre-loaded backgrounds. Just let us customize.
    3) Would be even cooler to have a pull-down menu appear when I tap on a contact, displaying different numbers (with SMS button) and email. If we have one-click dialing enabled then we could enable this by holding button momentarily. There can be a "detail" option that will take us to the full separate screen, if we wish.

Again, keep up the great work. It's really excellent. I made my donation today (vara411). Wish I could help pinpoint the error better. But it's happening on ALL contacts (Facebook, Gmail, etc), not just Outlook. I'm happy to update and re-test as well. Just say the word.
    Last edited by vara411; 09/08/2009 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    no need for pre-loaded backgrounds. Just let us customize.
    pull-down menu appear when I tap on a contact, displaying different numbers (with SMS button) and email. If we have one-click dialing enabled then we could enable this by holding button momentarily. There can be a "detail" option that will take us to the full separate screen, if we wish.
    I second the above suggestions, Pull down menu is a great idea, also ability to add background themes from Preference menu.

I too made a donation, please check you Precentral IM.

Great APP!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Had an issue that may have been reported but with so many on the thread, didn't look. If not:
    - When trying to add a contact in an empty spot that duplicates another contact already identified, the device locks up and eventually rebooted itself (within about 60 seconds). Could not card the app nor get response during the time prior to reboot - just froze.
    - When I went back into the app, the contact had successfully been added as a duplicate. Was then able to successfully delete the duplicate within Quick Contacts.

And wanted to add something I observed. If I replace a contact with another contact, and as it comes back to the full screen of the contact, if I select the contacts icon (bottom left), it will take me to the contact it was previously set to. I have to go back to the main QUcik Contacts screen and then go back into the contact in order to actually have it go to the correct contact record when I hit the icon bottom left.

Otherwise - still a great program!

Thanks ,
    Joe
    guess its just a coincidence that the 14day trial kicks in once the more than 9 contacts feature is added................
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    crashes phone and still REQUIRES a *donation*? hmmm.... not digging it. please stop calling it a donation and just say it is a trial version.
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    You can just install over the top with Quick Contacts with no problem. Although some apps are different and you might lose information based on how you install.

uptempo777
    sweet. thats all I needed to know. thnx
    yeah, reboots when I add a contact. sticking with 8.5
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Ditto the reboot issue on the third contact. When Pre restarted the 3rd contact was there then rebooted again when I added the 4th.
    love the app & have been using for some time. excited to donate & own, but one problem. the new update has a glitch. everytime i install a new contact, my palm powers down & reboots. please help. thanks for the awesome app!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Just (finally!) donated. Love the app, keep up the good work!

FYI - just updated, then added a contact. No reboot. I don't know if it takes more than one or not, or if it could be a conflict with a patch/hack/homebrew that I don't have. If the problem pops up for me, I'll post it here.
    Any chance of adding a feature to enable separate Quick Contacts for different numbers associated with the same contact (e.g. one for David Home and one for David Office)? I realize I can not designate a preferred number and then go through the contact details screen, but that requires an additional step.
  16.    #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlich18 View Post
    Any chance of adding a feature to enable separate Quick Contacts for different numbers associated with the same contact (e.g. one for David Home and one for David Office)? I realize I can not designate a preferred number and then go through the contact details screen, but that requires an additional step.
    Yeah, some people do that. Just add that person multiple times. You'll have to remember which one is David Home or David Office but that should work. I'm going to work on making it visually easier to tell if you have someone's home or office or cell, etc. as well.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Just donated myself cause I love this app but wanted to share a bug I seem to be having with the app. When I go to text message a friend that doesn't have dashes in their phone number (ie: 5554443333) using the app, their name in messaging comes up unknown but if the number has the dashes (ie: 555-444-3333) texting works fine.

Maybe this isn't the exact problem but it is currently the only difference I can see between the contacts.

Edit: nm....that definitely isn't the problem but I found out just deleting the contact and re-adding it fixed whatever the issue was. If it matters, I upgraded from an older version and this contact was in position 1. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Also having the issue where the phone restarts (or maybe the GUI reloading) after adding a contact in the latest release.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I get the reboot prob to, I have done the reinstall and sometimes it starts up with the first adding contact, sometimes a different. I decided to live with that , and continued to add contacts and going through the random reboot, when I got to page two, things got interesting. The gesture started causing both the white dots to appear (the dots that appear when you make contact with the gesture pad) on both sides of the minimize button. It then started to mess with my app launcher. I got scared and removed app, and did a soft reboot. Everything is okay now.

Very nice app, sent my donation in today. I will wait for the update that fixes this and re-download. BTW, keep up the good work. I will be looking forward to the fix so I can start re-using this really nice app
    whoa, i came to suggest more pages, haha, and there it is. I just donated before too, ha. This is exactly what I wanted to build, but didn't have time to learn.

one cool thing would be a "move contacts" mode where you can shift around contacts quickly. Or maybe allow us to assign contacts to certain spaces (like netflix queue placement)? I'm not sure how much faster that would be than delete/add.