Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    good question i think i using the second one thats the one with the plus and minus logo on the right and the pic of the pre on the botom.... yeah i know what your thinking i dont know which one im using i am not so techy
    how about small icons in the pic for up to four things which user chooses (text, mobile, work, home, email, etc) maybe make it more listlike with these options on the side? Point is, neds less steps
    What is the proper Picture size for a contact? What if we wanted to add an image to the contact that is not a photo, is there a website to download stock icon/images to use with contacts?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    What is the proper Picture size for a contact? What if we wanted to add an image to the contact that is not a photo, is there a website to download stock icon/images to use with contacts?
    You can associate pretty much any type of picture with your contact. The main caveat is that you need to associate it in Facebook or Gmail for the Palm Pre to pick it up.

As far as I know, I don't think there's any built-in way of adding pictures to your contacts directly on the Pre. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    first of all.. great app! a couple questions/suggestions, some of which have already been mentioned.
    The dialer button in the menu would be great, to replace the dialer in the quick launch.
    SMS option is a must.
    If you dont have a picture attatched to a contact, it is a little difficult to push the button. Perhaps it is a result of the text being so small? Could you make the text bigger? or put the name inside a button so they are easier to select?
    I think it would be nice if rather than taking you to a separate page when you click on someone's picture, that you would instead have a list screen slide up or from the right that listed the different options (e.g. Call Home, Call Work, SMS, etc).
    Great App! I have been looking for something like this since I got the Pre. I am really looking forward to seeing it develop. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ernest Aguilar View Post
    good question i think i using the second one thats the one with the plus and minus logo on the right and the pic of the pre on the botom.... yeah i know what your thinking i dont know which one im using i am not so techy
    Its ok, you don't need to be particularly techy to learn this stuff.

This is the install instructions from Precentral.
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

It will tell you how to install "FileCoaster" on your phone.
    Once you have it installed you can use it, very much like the Palm App catalog, to install this app and many other home-brew apps.

Hope that helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    You can associate pretty much any type of picture with your contact. The main caveat is that you need to associate it in Facebook or Gmail for the Palm Pre to pick it up.

As far as I know, I don't think there's any built-in way of adding pictures to your contacts directly on the Pre. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Open up Photos, find the photo you want to use with the contact, then click the upper left corner of the screen, then choose "Assign to contact"
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Thanks for your feedback!

Currently WebOS forces the user to have to hit the Dial Button on the green phone screen. Most likely it's a security issue so some apps won't just dial without the user knowing it.

If any developers out there know how to bypass that last screen, I'd love to be able to make that change.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    I kind of like this. I've accidentally dialed a few people (including a trans-Atlantic call) because I hit the wrong thing while in the contacts app. I like having that confirmation that, yes, I am actually going to dial. Sometimes, even with this app, I might simply be wanting to look a list of phone numbers and don't want to accidental brush on the screen to cause a dial.
    I love the concept of this app. I would like to have a favorite tag (A setting that would be the default call number for a particular contact).

Has anyone tried deleting a contact on this? It's almost impossible. After touching an area, the menu pops up and automatically selects the first option so quickly, it took me about 8 minutes to delete a single contact. Try deleting a contact on the bottom row.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    Open up Photos, find the photo you want to use with the contact, then click the upper left corner of the screen, then choose "Assign to contact"
    Great! Didn't know that was how to do that. Do you know if it's possible to do it from the Contacts area as well or is it only from the Photo Roll perspective?

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    Nifty app... this was my wife's #1 complaint about her pre, no photo dialer. One minor thing - possible to replace one of the contacts (lower right, perhaps) with a direct link to the dialer? Would let me get rid of the dialer from my quicklaunch bar and put this in its place.
    I agree with bsoder's idea. I would replace my dialer with this app in the quicklaunch bar also.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Great! Didn't know that was how to do that. Do you know if it's possible to do it from the Contacts area as well or is it only from the Photo Roll perspective?

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Yes click edit and next to job title is a small person icon. Click on that and it will ask you to choose a picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Great app, thanks. It's a little sticky when trying to delete or replace though. It literally took me about 10 tries to make the change without it jumping to the contact info. Could just be me!
    I had the same problem. I had to use two hands one to hold down the picture and the other to select replace. I hope that gets worked out.
    Yes there are some addtional options that would be nice.

BUT.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. We needed this SOOOO bad (and instead we keep getting place to eat apps on the app store).

You get my vote for most useful app created thusfar.
  17.    #57  
    Thanks for everyone's input so far. I just put up a new version: 0.7.6. As I'm sure you all will, let me know what bugs you may find or features that work well.

I'm looking into having a preferred number ability as was suggested earlier for quicker access to dial your contacts so look for that soon.

New for Version 0.7.6
    ---------------------
    - Added Phone Dialer to the Contacts Screen
    - Moved the Replace/Resync/Delete functions to the Contact's Detail Screen (holding down on a contact's picture no longer brings up the Replace/Resync/Delete alert
    - Added background image for Contacts that do not have a photo

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Nice

Although, I have to say, when I click on my mother's link and it comes up with her picture and "Replace/Resync" / "Delete" next to her, I have to laugh.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I'm looking into having a preferred number ability as was suggested earlier for quicker access to dial your contacts so look for that soon.
    How about a quarter size icon, maybe 75% transparency, that sits over the top left of each image, if you hit that you get the preferred number, if one is set?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Awesome. The phone dialer is a nice add.
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast