Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Yeah I should be able to put a preference there for tapping on the image to bring up details.

I'll also look into cleaning up the names when it has a company name.

Thanks Willjitsu!
    Yes - I want to add my vote to this request for a preference to bring up contact details. I liked it better before - I don't want the distraction of getting the contact details.

Great app. My favorite!
  2.    #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by djwilli View Post
    I just installed the new version and mine is rebooting after every contact I add as well. I thought it was maybe just the second page, but same thing happens when trying to change one on the first page as well.
    Is that the version that is 1400k that you installed or the original one that is 2k?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    How many contacts did you have loaded when it rebooted?
    I had three. It looks like when I add the contacts with pictures from outlook it reboots.
    Just wanted to say that this is the only app that I've added to the launcher bar. Good job and thanks.
  5.    #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    I had three. It looks like when I add the contacts with pictures from outlook it reboots.
    For anyone else seeing this issue, is it related to contacts with pictures from Outlook as well?
    For anyone else seeing this issue, is it related to contacts with pictures from Outlook as well?
    Mine is rebooting after adding pictures that were already on my phone.
    I also didn't load all 9 contacts on the first page. It's rebooting after I add a contact. After the phone reboots, the newly added pic/contact is there and the program appears to work fine from that point on.

Charles
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I like the new backgrounds, though to save space, you might want to let us use any of the wall papers as a background.

The format of the SMS buttons in relation to the phone numbers is very nicely done.

Could you round the corners of the image in the contact details page?

When performing a "Resync" of a contact, if the contact is the same could you keep the preferred number. Right now if I resync a contact I have to re-select the preferred number.

The phone numbers in the contact details page do not show up in the same order as in the contact entry. For my wife's contact entry, her mobile phone number appears first. On her Quick Contacts page, her work number displays first. If I want to quickly SMS her, I'd like to have her mobile number first.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlich18 View Post
    Yes - I want to add my vote to this request for a preference to bring up contact details. I liked it better before - I don't want the distraction of getting the contact details.

Great app. My favorite!
    +1
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    Mine is rebooting after adding pictures that were already on my phone.
    I also didn't load all 9 contacts on the first page. It's rebooting after I add a contact. After the phone reboots, the newly added pic/contact is there and the program appears to work fine from that point on.

Charles
    I'm getting the exact same behavior
  10.    #570  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I like the new version! However, can you add an option to disable this feature:

- Tapping on image brings up contact detail even if Preferred Number Dialing is on

I have no reason to see the contact's detail screen when I am dialing them and it creates an extra step for me to swipe back to the main screen when I want to dial someone else.

Also, when I enable the names for contacts, I have noticed that it adds a dash and the start of their company name is listed. Can you disable the company name from being seen since it always gets cut off anyways? I do have one contact that has the last letter of her name cut off. It is 15 characters long, 16 with the space between the first and last name. Can this be fixed? Thanks!
    Just put up v0.9.2. Hopefully this should fix the rebooting issues.

Also included the preference to go to Contact Details on Dial.

uptempo777
    at the risk of sounding dense, how do you update the app? do you uninstall the older version, or can you save overtop?
    I searched Pre-central but no direct instructions. I usually just trial and error, but I'm guessing in the Dev environment I can really bugger things up, so...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I'm still getting reboots even with 0.9.2
  13.    #573  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblerazz View Post
    at the risk of sounding dense, how do you update the app? do you uninstall the older version, or can you save overtop?
    I searched Pre-central but no direct instructions. I usually just trial and error, but I'm guessing in the Dev environment I can really bugger things up, so...
    You can just install over the top with Quick Contacts with no problem. Although some apps are different and you might lose information based on how you install.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I shut my device fully off and then restarted it - seems like the reboots have stopped now (v 0.9.2).

Edit: Spoke too soon - just got another reboot when adding a contact
    AMAZING update uptempo. Easily my favorite and most used HB app. Love it!
    Just donated, this app is awwwesome!!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    Just donated, this app is awwwesome!!!
    agreed - Def the best app in the Homebrew bunch IMHO.
  18.    #578  
    Quote Originally Posted by loupy View Post
    I shut my device fully off and then restarted it - seems like the reboots have stopped now (v 0.9.2).

Edit: Spoke too soon - just got another reboot when adding a contact
    Ok, looking into the reboots. Not sure what's causing it but I'll post up when I do find out.

uptempo777
    Any way to have an option to make this app the home screen?
    Couple more suggestions:

1. option to choose from either a photo display (like now) or a "list" display
    2. option to adjust opacity/transparency of images (so we can see more of the cool background theme if we wish)

Just donated...thanks.