Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
  1.    #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastin View Post
    for some reason on one of my contacts when I text it sends a text to the other number on the list. ie. I select the contacts cell to send SMS. The msg goes to the contacts home number? Weird. Any ideas?
    Not exactly sure. Does replace/resync fix that?
  2.    #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    i wish i could have a 12 picture page on this amazing app...
    It's comin!
    Hi,

Great app! I love that it can replace my dialer in the quick launcher and still let me open the dialer if I need it.

My only complaint, and I have seen this mentioned, is that it is noticeably slow to open, which puts me on the fence about whether or not I will use it for long.

I have a 5-6 second delay in opening with Quick Contacts, vs 2 seconds for the dialer and other apps. Any chance of optimizing it to improve response time?

I would definitely stay on the bandwagon if I knew that was coming.

Thanks!
  4.    #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Hi,

Great app! I love that it can replace my dialer in the quick launcher and still let me open the dialer if I need it.

My only complaint, and I have seen this mentioned, is that it is noticeably slow to open, which puts me on the fence about whether or not I will use it for long.

I have a 5-6 second delay in opening with Quick Contacts, vs 2 seconds for the dialer and other apps. Any chance of optimizing it to improve response time?

I would definitely stay on the bandwagon if I knew that was coming.

Thanks!
    I agree it takes longer to start than I would like although I've been testing it vs. other apps and the fastest apps start at 4 seconds and higher from there. I'm making it start a bit faster (I can get it to open in 4 seconds now) compared to before but under the 4 second limit seems unlikely currently since other apps aren't able to either. The dialer is one exception that actually opens in a second or two. Most likely the reason is that its running the background.

A few ways to make Quick Contacts start faster is to actually just leave it running and not closing it if you use it often. A lot of people including myself do this.

I'm working on having it run as a background app also so it'll be fast to get to also so it'll be similar to the dialer.

uptempo777
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    I agree it takes longer to start than I would like although I've been testing it vs. other apps and the fastest apps start at 4 seconds and higher from there. I'm making it start a bit faster (I can get it to open in 4 seconds now) compared to before but under the 4 second limit seems unlikely currently since other apps aren't able to either. The dialer is one exception that actually opens in a second or two. Most likely the reason is that its running the background.

A few ways to make Quick Contacts start faster is to actually just leave it running and not closing it if you use it often. A lot of people including myself do this.

I'm working on having it run as a background app also so it'll be fast to get to also so it'll be similar to the dialer.

uptempo777
    That would be awesome!!! Thanks for your constant support/updates on this app.

uptempo777
    Thanks! I really do like it better than any of the other solutions.

I looked at Quick Dialer, which is essentially the same, but without pics. Unfortunately, it's a lot slower.

Launch Pad, coupled with the tweak that lets you add launcher pages, is a very easy, fast and effective solution. It can be kept need and ordered, having much of the look and feel of Quick Contacts (especially, since the regular hot key tool bar is below anyway).

BUT, for some reason I just don't like it. It doesn't feel right (anyone else have this feeling?).

So, if you can get Quick Contacts running in the background (without having to leave it up and minimized, that would be great! I look forward to future updates!
    Uptempo,

Not sure if this has been asked yet, i apologize if it has, but when you hit replace/resync, can it bring up a pop-up that gives actual options for "Replace" and "Resync"? In other words, if i have a contact that changes their Facebook picture, or that i added a phone number, would the app be able to just resync all the info and picture automatically by hitting "resync" instead of typing the name again, and then setting the preferred number again?

Not sure if i said that correctly.

Thanks!
  8.    #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    Uptempo,

Not sure if this has been asked yet, i apologize if it has, but when you hit replace/resync, can it bring up a pop-up that gives actual options for "Replace" and "Resync"? In other words, if i have a contact that changes their Facebook picture, or that i added a phone number, would the app be able to just resync all the info and picture automatically by hitting "resync" instead of typing the name again, and then setting the preferred number again?

Not sure if i said that correctly.

Thanks!
    No - based on the current version of the WebOS, that's not a viable option. Replace is essentially the same as Resync in that you need to choose the same person from your contact list again. This version of the WebOS doesn't give developers access directly to a contact so the user needs to specify which contact's info to access.

If that feature is available in v1.2 or any future version, you won't need to worry about Resyncing anymore. Until then, can't do anything about that yet. So cross your fingers that v1.2 soon!

uptempo777
    Gotcha.

Thanks! Keep up the good work.
  10.    #550  
    Hey Everyone,

Just released today is Quick Contacts v0.9.1! This has a lot of features you've been asking for - ability to add up to 18 contacts, email directly to contact, background themes, names show on opaque background (looks really nice!) and more!

Palm requires all releases on PreCentral to now be beta versions for testing! This version will expire 14 days after you first use it unless you have donated at least $5 to receive free updates for life. If you have donated, I will contact you to give you instructions so that it will not expire.

When there are future beta versions, you will be able to install on top of your existing version to have another 14 days of trial use (if you have not donated).

Hope you like it!

Version 0.9.1 - RELEASE CANDIDATE 3 [9/8/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Added 2nd page of contacts for a total of 18 possible contacts
    - Tapping on image brings up contact detail even if Preferred Number Dialing is on
    - Contact Detail: Added email ability
    - Show Names now show over opaque background
    - Updated Preferences - Added built-in background themes to change look
    - Added splash loading screen
    - Speed improvements
    I like the new version! However, can you add an option to disable this feature:

- Tapping on image brings up contact detail even if Preferred Number Dialing is on

I have no reason to see the contact's detail screen when I am dialing them and it creates an extra step for me to swipe back to the main screen when I want to dial someone else.

Also, when I enable the names for contacts, I have noticed that it adds a dash and the start of their company name is listed. Can you disable the company name from being seen since it always gets cut off anyways? I do have one contact that has the last letter of her name cut off. It is 15 characters long, 16 with the space between the first and last name. Can this be fixed? Thanks!
  12.    #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I like the new version! However, can you add an option to disable this feature:

I have no reason to see the contact's detail screen when I am dialing them and it creates an extra step for me to swipe back to the main screen when I want to dial someone else.

Also, when I enable the names for contacts, I have noticed that it adds a dash and the start of their company name is listed. Can you disable the company name from being seen since it always gets cut off anyways? I do have one contact that has the last letter of her name cut off. It is 15 characters long, 16 with the space between the first and last name. Can this be fixed? Thanks!
    Yeah I should be able to put a preference there for tapping on the image to bring up details.

I'll also look into cleaning up the names when it has a company name.

Thanks Willjitsu!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is just me but I loaded the new version and changed the background to Metal (which looks great) then I went to start loading up the second page of contacts and when I load one with a picture in the contact my phone reboots. Might just be my phone but figured I would report it.
  14.    #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryers01 View Post
    Not sure if this is just me but I loaded the new version and changed the background to Metal (which looks great) then I went to start loading up the second page of contacts and when I load one with a picture in the contact my phone reboots. Might just be my phone but figured I would report it.
    Haven't had that in the tests I've run and on several people's phones. Please post up if that happens again doing the same thing in Quick Contacts.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    First of all, I love this app., and I've donated.

I am having an issue.

I had to re-add my contacts becaused I had to delete the old version to make enough room to install the new version.

I've added 5 different contacts and 3 of 5 times, my pre rebooted after selecting the contact from the contacts list.

Hey Everyone,

Just released today is Quick Contacts v0.9.1! This has a lot of features you've been asking for - ability to add up to 18 contacts, email directly to contact, background themes, names show on opaque background (looks really nice!) and more!

Palm requires all releases on PreCentral to now be beta versions for testing! This version will expire 14 days after you first use it unless you have donated at least $5 to receive free updates for life. If you have donated, I will contact you to give you instructions so that it will not expire.

When there are future beta versions, you will be able to install on top of your existing version to have another 14 days of trial use (if you have not donated).

Hope you like it!

Version 0.9.1 - RELEASE CANDIDATE 3 [9/8/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Added 2nd page of contacts for a total of 18 possible contacts
    - Contact Detail: Added email ability
    - Show Names now show over opaque background
    - Updated Preferences - Added built-in background themes to change look
    - Added splash loading screen
    - Speed improvements
  16.    #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post

I am having an issue.

I had to re-add my contacts becaused I had to delete the old version to make enough room to install the new version.

I've added 5 different contacts and 3 of 5 times, my pre rebooted after selecting the contact from the contacts list.
    How many contacts did you have loaded when it rebooted?
    - Ability to use with Google Voice

whoa!!!

Been using your application since the beginning. If that gets implmented guaranteed you will have 5.99 from me.

That is huge
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post

I am having an issue.

Mine rebooted also after adding a couple of contacts.
    Charles
  19.    #559  
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    Mine rebooted also after adding a couple of contacts.
    Charles
    I just pushed up version 0.9.1 again but removed several of the background themes. I'm wondering if the bigger filesize is causing the Pre to reboot. Try to download this version again and let me know if the issue still exists.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    I just installed the new version and mine is rebooting after every contact I add as well. I thought it was maybe just the second page, but same thing happens when trying to change one on the first page as well.