Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Have you thought about teaming up with the dg quick cut developer to put your shortcuts directly on the launcher?

I love the pics and contact linkage in your app but love how fast I can pull up and click on a speed dial short cut that is on the launcher without opening an app.

Thoughts?

Great work!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Let me add a few more details about that contact to help you replicate the issue.

1. I originally used a photo that had been taken on my phone for her default picture. I added the picture in the Pre's contact field and let that update Google.

2. When I changed the photo, I used a picture that I have on my computer. I went into the contacts page on Gmail (using Google Chrome on the PC) and changed the contact picture there. Picture changed and updated the photo on my Pre right away. But not in Quick Contacts.
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    Ok, now this is really weird. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Added the contact that was coming up with the old pic and the old pic is still there!! I'm stumped now....any thoughts?
    Quick Contacts grabs the data that the main Contacts app sends it which means that pic is still being stored on the phone and it's still pointing to that location.

I'll keep testing this one out until I can figure out what's going on.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Yeah I just saw that. If any of the developers on here want to share and let me know how to do it, I'll incorporate that into Quick Contacts asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurtw View Post
    Have you thought about teaming up with the dg quick cut developer to put your shortcuts directly on the launcher?

I love the pics and contact linkage in your app but love how fast I can pull up and click on a speed dial short cut that is on the launcher without opening an app.

Thoughts?

Great work!
    there already is a program that does that. It's called Launchpad.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quick Contacts grabs the data that the main Contacts app sends it which means that pic is still being stored on the phone and it's still pointing to that location.

That's weird. I know the actual photo is still on my phone because it's a picture I took with my phone. I thought about deleting the picture to see what happens but this person is living in Germany now so I can't just take another picture to replace it.

But it's strange that when I view that contact on my Pre the old picture isn't there....
  6.    #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurtw View Post

Thoughts?

Great work!
    What a lot of people do is just keep Quick Contacts open all the time. Since it has the Contacts, SMS, Email, and Dialer buttons already, they replace all of those items with Quick Contacts and now they have room for other applications.

By keeping it open all the time, you'll be able to get to it as fast as your launcher apps.

I'm also looking at letting it run as a background application so it's as fast to get into as the Dialer app.

uptempo777
    I use the app and will happily donate, however it does not wuite get me to enough one touch functions. (I would like to see 12 instead of 9 "buttons" as was suggested earlier.

Any thought of having something similar to a launcher whereby one of the 9 (or 12) buttons could lead to a second set of 9 "SMS favorites" and another could lead to yet a another set of 9 more phone favorites? This would really increase productivity as many of us want a one or two touch solution. The launcher is too limiting and this would simplify matters and add much more functionality.

The one touch to dial a specific number is essential for home, office etc. By the time
  8.    #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    I use the app and will happily donate, however it does not wuite get me to enough one touch functions. (I would like to see 12 instead of 9 "buttons" as was suggested earlier.

Any thought of having something similar to a launcher whereby one of the 9 (or 12) buttons could lead to a second set of 9 "SMS favorites" and another could lead to yet a another set of 9 more phone favorites? This would really increase productivity as many of us want a one or two touch solution. The launcher is too limiting and this would simplify matters and add much more functionality.

The one touch to dial a specific number is essential for home, office etc. By the time
    I'm almost ready for the next release which will allow for more than 9 contacts.

That's a good idea that you mentioned that some people's preferred item might be a phone number, SMS or email. I'll look into doing that so you can set preferences by the individual contact.

Thanks gkouri!

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Nice program. I use it as my main contacts point now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    there already is a program that does that. It's called Launchpad.
    Sweet. Ill check er out
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'm almost ready for the next release which will allow for more than 9 contacts.

That's a good idea that you mentioned that some people's preferred item might be a phone number, SMS or email. I'll look into doing that so you can set preferences by the individual contact.

Thanks gkouri!

uptempo777
    That would be great! One suggesting I have is to have the ability to add one's own label, instead of just displaying the contact's name. I could see adding a button to call my wife at home and on her cellphone, and SMS. If I can add my own label, I can put "Wife (C)" , or "Wife (SMS)" as the label.

2nd, add own picture instead of using the one in the contact.
    A new official App just came out called PhotoDialer.. you need to get your App in there because yours is SO MUCH better!!!1
  13.    #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    A new official App just came out called PhotoDialer.. you need to get your App in there because yours is SO MUCH better!!!1
    Thanks!

Yeah I saw that in there too. From what I saw Photo Dialer is pretty basic and only dials out.

Quick Contacts is submitted for Palm's review so you'll be the first to know when it's in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I totally agree. I downloaded it and tried it out and uninstalled it about 30 seconds later. It is very basic and nowhere near as good as yours. I hope your version gets accepted soon!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

By the way, I think this is a WebOS issue, and not a Quick Contacts problem. I tried out the other dialer that was just put in the official app catalog and I added that contact. And what do you know.....the old pic came up there too! So for some reason WebOS is still pointing to the wrong picture even though on Google and in the Pre's own contacts it is correct.

The problem is that now I'm not sure how to get this corrected. I guess I'll pop over to Palm's forums and see if I can submit a bug.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Wow, this is really bugging me (no pun intended). I finally decided to email the pic to myself so I wouldn't lose it and then delete the photo. But even after doing that, the old pic still comes up as the picture in QC!! What the heck?? The picture isn't even on the phone anymore. Gonna go submit this to palm now.
    I just donated.Great great program, uptempo. In fact, it's the first shortcut on my quicklaunch bar. Every update makes your program better and better.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Uptempo777, just so you know, I submitted this bug on the Palm WebOS forums. And FYI, I mentioned using the new app PhotoDialer just so that Palm wouldn't dismiss this out of hand and say that I was not using a supported app so they wouldn't look into it.

Karl

1. For contact X, I added all the details then used a photo that I had taken with my Pre to use as the default photo. I have synced this contact with Facebook but the Google profile is set as the default profile.

2. I checked my Google contacts and that same picture had successfully transferred from the contacts on my Pre to the same contact on Google.

3. Later, I decided to update the picture. This time I logged on to Google from my PC and went to my contacts. I changed the picture to one that I had stored on my PC.

4. A few minutes later, I checked my Pre and the contact photo that I had just changed it to had successfully updated the contact picture on my Pre. So far everything is as I would expect.

5. Now using the app PhotoDialer from the official app catalog, I added that contact but the picture that was displayed was the old contact picture, not the recent one that I had just updated via Google. So even though that pic does not show up anywhere on the contact's profile on the Pre, it does show up in this app.

6. I tried a homebrew app, Quick Contacts, and got the same results. Again, the old picture is showing up.

7. I deleted the apps, rebooted the phone, reinstalled the apps but still getting the old picture.

8. Now I even went and deleted the picture that I had originally used so it would not be available to those programs.

9. I re-added the contact to those apps, but the old picture is there, even though it has been deleted from my phone.

10. Just to clarify, the correct contact photo is showing up when I view the contact and even in the universal search. But it is NOT showing up when I use either of those two dialer programs. So for some reason the Pre's contact app is sending these apps the wrong data and pointing it to the wrong location.

11. Everything is updated, including WebOS.
    I am glad that you were receptive to the phone, sms, email option. Would it be possible to lead to a second page from somewhere to go to a second list or even a third list of 9 contacts? Ultimately that will be the solution I will look for as a primary dialer app that allows quick access to texting etc a variety of people.
    so how does this compare to the photo dialer that was added to the app catalog today?