Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
  1.    #481  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Still loving the program, but have one thing I noticed. When going into a long list of phone numbers under a quick contact and also having a notification below (such as music player is on) the buttons are on the last number but I seem unable to scroll to get to that number properly. I believe I read that it should be able to scroll now? Am I missing something? Thanks for all the hard work, I love the program!
    It should let you scroll vertically if there are too many phone numbers on the screen. Might have something to do with the notification. Thanks, I'll check it out.

uptempo777
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    It should let you scroll vertically if there are too many phone numbers on the screen. Might have something to do with the notification. Thanks, I'll check it out.

uptempo777
    More than likely. I have enough room on the screen for the phone numbers until the notifications come up.

I just tried it now to be sure. I turned on the music player and paused it. Went back into Quick Contacts and into a contact and the four buttons on the bottom are covering up part of the last number but will not let me scroll. (there are four numbers in this quick contact)

Thanks for looking into it!
    Thanks for the great app! I sent a donation too for future support!

Karen
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Great App!
    Donation Confirmation number: 8P538034F64233707
    Last edited by rlopin; 08/31/2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: fixed spelling error
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Suggestion: I would like to be able to choose the pictures I use for contacts instead of the stupid facebook pictures from my contacts. Is it possible?

Future app to work on: New contacts app where I can choose the picture instead of stupid facebook pictures.
    This is one of the best apps i've found... it's on my main launch bar...

I wonder if you could put your skills to work to developing an app that allows me to text 10 or more people at a time... or maybe add it to this app???

Sure would be amazing!
  7.    #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtown View Post
    Suggestion: I would like to be able to choose the pictures I use for contacts instead of the stupid facebook pictures from my contacts. Is it possible?

Future app to work on: New contacts app where I can choose the picture instead of stupid facebook pictures.
    Here's how to choose a different picture than the default one in Quick Contacts:

1. Make sure the picture you want is in your photo roll: you got it there by taking a picture with the camera or copied it to your phone.

2. Go to Launcher->Photos and go to the picture you would like to set for the contact.

3. Tap on the photo -> Tap on the top menu bar -> Tap on Assign to Contact.

4. Choose the contact you want to assign to and then you can resize and choose the entire picture or part of the picture you want to be the default photo for that person.

5. Make sure the profile attached to the picture is the default photo.

6. Resync the contact in Quick Contacts.

* Quick Contacts will currently only use the photo is linked to the Primary Profile of the contact. If you have a picture on a different profile (Facebook, Gmail, etc.), make the profile with the picture you want to be the default profile.

* If you are having trouble getting that to work, another solution is to Unlink the profile with the photo you want. Then resync it in Quick Contacts. Then relink that profile back to the correct contact.

uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 09/01/2009 at 11:56 AM.
    hi uptempo777 .
    ive been a power user with treo 850 and have to tell u that ur program rock big time.
    i would love to see an ability to have 12 pictures(i think 12 would be a great fit for the pre screen), added to your program.
    otherwise, ur doing an amazing job, thank u
    Had ur app on my old pre worked great. Had to get replacement and installed on replacement and doesn't work. App startts but when I add contact nothing appears in any of the squares.
  10.    #490  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
    Had ur app on my old pre worked great. Had to get replacement and installed on replacement and doesn't work. App startts but when I add contact nothing appears in any of the squares.
    Make sure that it has the latest version of the WebOS - currently v1.1. Go to Launcher->Updates to check and make sure.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Just a thought and you might have already talked about it - what about making the background transparent? Can you even make an app's background transparent?
  12.    #492  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    Just a thought and you might have already talked about it - what about making the background transparent? Can you even make an app's background transparent?
    Transparent so you can see your wallpaper?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Yeah, having the buttons floating (drop shadows?) over the wallpaper.
  14.    #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    Yeah, having the buttons floating (drop shadows?) over the wallpaper.
    Good question. I don't know but if so, could make for an interesting feature.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I have the problem where it wants to take the Facebook photo instead of the default photo (default profile is the Google profile). But I can fix that by unlinking the Facebook profile, adding the contact, then relinking the profiles. Kind of a pain, but not a big deal.

But today I changed the picture on one of my contacts (in their Google profile). I tried to resync the contact to see if it would take the new picture but it didn't. So I deleted the contact, re-added them and it still had the old picture! Even though that picture is not even in the contact's profile anymore. I've closed the program and re-opened it but it still does the same thing. The only thing I haven't tried is rebooting the Pre but I'm expecting a call so I can't do that right now. And I am running the latest version of WebOS and of Quick Contacts.
  16.    #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    I have the problem where it wants to take the Facebook photo instead of the default photo (default profile is the Google profile). But I can fix that by unlinking the Facebook profile, adding the contact, then relinking the profiles. Kind of a pain, but not a big deal.

But today I changed the picture on one of my contacts (in their Google profile). I tried to resync the contact to see if it would take the new picture but it didn't. So I deleted the contact, re-added them and it still had the old picture! Even though that picture is not even in the contact's profile anymore. I've closed the program and re-opened it but it still does the same thing. The only thing I haven't tried is rebooting the Pre but I'm expecting a call so I can't do that right now. And I am running the latest version of WebOS and of Quick Contacts.
    Hi Allen,

That's a strange one. Can you post up if you repeat the resync procedure after you reboot and see if that fixes it? I'll play with adding/removing/changing profile pictures of different accounts to see if i can replicate the occurrence.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Ok, I just rebooted the phone and I'm still getting the old contact picture. I was going to try uninstalling the program and reinstalling but then I realized that I actually don't know how to uninstall a homebrew program....lol. I use Filecoaster to install everything so not sure how to uninstall unless I pull up the program I used when I installed Filecoaster.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I really like this program but some of the bugs are frustrating. Still have the problem noted above with the old contact picture but here is another one concerning the "unknown" SMS bug.

I have a contact that kept using the Facebook pic instead of the default Google pic. I unlinked the profiles, then set the contact and the picture was fine. I tested the SMS button and it worked fine. I then went back into my contacts and relinked the Facebook profile. Went back to Quick Contacts and now the SMS button pops up the unknown screen. I did this twice just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Both times the SMS button works as expected until I relinked the two profiles. If I resync the contact, the SMS button works again but that defeats the purpose because as soon as I resync I'm back to the Facebook pic. So it's just a vicious circle.

Does that make sense?

Oh, and one other one that may be a WebOS thing and really doesn't seem to affect anything. When I look at the phone numbers listed in QC they are not all in the same format, even though when I look at the contact in the Pre's default contacts they all look the same. For example, I have three different numbers for one contact. One might show up as (123) 432-1234 and another as 1234321234. They both seem to work the same so it's not a huge deal, just looks funny to me.
  19.    #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    Ok, I just rebooted the phone and I'm still getting the old contact picture. I was going to try uninstalling the program and reinstalling but then I realized that I actually don't know how to uninstall a homebrew program....lol. I use Filecoaster to install everything so not sure how to uninstall unless I pull up the program I used when I installed Filecoaster.
    To uninstall, move Quick Contacts to your launcher area. Then hold down the orange button on the keyboard and tap on the Quick Contacts icon.

Try reinstalling and see if you get those same issues.

In regards to the SMS and default issue, I'll add that to my list of things to debug.

For the number formatting, I'm looking into that right now. It seems that the phone stores it one way but displays it in a certain format (XXX) XXX-XXXX if it's of a certain length. That should be easy to fix but I'll have to look deeper into it to make sure that's all they're doing in there.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Ok, now this is really weird. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Added the contact that was coming up with the old pic and the old pic is still there!! I'm stumped now....any thoughts?