Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    I downloaded the app and put in some favorite people. I then assigned their cell phones. I wanted to text them, but it immediately went to calling them. I couldn't figure out how to modify this--every time I "selected" one, it dialed. I finally removed the app.
  2.    #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmuscato View Post
    I downloaded the app and put in some favorite people. I then assigned their cell phones. I wanted to text them, but it immediately went to calling them. I couldn't figure out how to modify this--every time I "selected" one, it dialed. I finally removed the app.
    In order to get to them once you assign a preferred number, you need to hold down on their photo which will bring you into their details. From there, you can text them.

You can also turn Preferred Number dialing off if you want in the Preferences menu.

Give it a try again and see if it works for you.

uptempo777
    Installed 8.5. Looks Good. Great Update.
    Thanks,

mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Thanks for a great app first of all. Many of the things I wanted to see after trying it the first time ended up in this latest release (specifically, text names over the photos, and, the option to text in the call menu).

One thing that would super-charge the functionality for me still would be to allow templates that give you some different options. For instance, and most importantly, a template going from 9 contacts to 18, just by making the photo icons smaller/half size. Then less important but maybe a possibility, pages of templates similar to the apps launcher pages. This would allow you to group family on one page, swipe for a new page with most used business contacts and a third swipe to go to most used friend contacts, or obviously any custom variation in between.

The reason why this would be good is it would give more contacts at your fingertips without having to slide out the keyboard. Right now, having a limited number (9) of contacts makes it just that, limited. With this added expansion feature, it would render the Universal Search much less useful (which right now, in my opinion, is the best way to search names as you type a few letters and you instantly get the option to text or call the person w/one touch. Basically the big diff is w/universal search sliding out the keyboard vs. using only the touchscreen which i end up doing all the time because I only have 9 "hotspots" w/names in quick contacts.

Thanks again!
  5.    #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    Thanks for a great app first of all. Many of the things I wanted to see after trying it the first time ended up in this latest release (specifically, text names over the photos, and, the option to text in the call menu).

One thing that would super-charge the functionality for me still would be to allow templates that give you some different options. For instance, and most importantly, a template going from 9 contacts to 18, just by making the photo icons smaller/half size. Then less important but maybe a possibility, pages of templates similar to the apps launcher pages. This would allow you to group family on one page, swipe for a new page with most used business contacts and a third swipe to go to most used friend contacts, or obviously any custom variation in between.

The reason why this would be good is it would give more contacts at your fingertips without having to slide out the keyboard. Right now, having a limited number (9) of contacts makes it just that, limited. With this added expansion feature, it would render the Universal Search much less useful (which right now, in my opinion, is the best way to search names as you type a few letters and you instantly get the option to text or call the person w/one touch. Basically the big diff is w/universal search sliding out the keyboard vs. using only the touchscreen which i end up doing all the time because I only have 9 "hotspots" w/names in quick contacts.

Thanks again!
    Thanks and those are great suggestions. Pretty much all you mentioned is being hammered out - more than 9 contacts, multiple pages, groupings and more.

uptempo777
    Awesome! Thanks!
    I have 4 contacts added to my QuickContacts. 3 in the top row with pictures and one in the middle cell of the middle row, without a picture. When I flipped the setting on to add the names to the bottom of the pictures, the last name of my first contact shows up in the third row on the first "Add a Contact" picture. This contact has a long last name that can't fit on the same line as the first name. So, it's jumping down 2 lines to the seventh contact, if that makes sense. Not a huge deal for me because I'm not going to use the names, but I thought you'd like to know.
    yeh having more than 9 contacts would be GOLDEN
    Your constant hard work and great updates are awesome, keep it up. Looking forward to more good things.
    Loving this app....will donate soon. Thanks!!
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    Love the app, but why won't it update the pics when they change on Facebook like they do in contacts? It's quite a lengthy process to do your resync by refinding them in your big list everytime they change their picture. Is this an upcoming feature?
  12.    #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Love the app, but why won't it update the pics when they change on Facebook like they do in contacts? It's quite a lengthy process to do your resync by refinding them in your big list everytime they change their picture. Is this an upcoming feature?
    Absolutely an upcoming feature. Currently it's that the operating system won't let us developers sync it automatically so it needs to be resynced manually by the phone's user.

It's a feature request into Palm so (crossing fingers) it should be available in one of their next WebOS updates. When that happens, I'll make Quick Contacts automatically do it so you won't have to.

uptempo777
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Absolutely an upcoming feature. Currently it's that the operating system won't let us developers sync it automatically so it needs to be resynced manually by the phone's user.

It's a feature request into Palm so (crossing fingers) it should be available in one of their next WebOS updates. When that happens, I'll make Quick Contacts automatically do it so you won't have to.

uptempo777
    Awesome! Thanks for the response! Your app is wonderful! Hope Palm works with you on that request!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    thanks again, i love the app, and i just donated... keep up the updates
    I just donated!

Do i have to PM you the confirmation number? How will this work?

THanks though! Great app!
    When I click on the SMS icon next to a friend's phone number in the app, it brings up a new SMS message but the top recipient/to field says "Unknown" and I can't click on it to change or edit it.
  17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaaronice View Post
    When I click on the SMS icon next to a friend's phone number in the app, it brings up a new SMS message but the top recipient/to field says "Unknown" and I can't click on it to change or edit it.
    Resync it and it should fix that.
    Hi there, very rookie at this posting business
    With Quick Contact is it possible to edit the name that appears in one of the nine box,
    i'm wondering if possible to edit the name for example trying to get Martin Mobile's button and Martin Office's button without having to add a contact ? Both numbers would come from the same contact profile?
    Thanks JY
    Still loving the program, but have one thing I noticed. When going into a long list of phone numbers under a quick contact and also having a notification below (such as music player is on) the buttons are on the last number but I seem unable to scroll to get to that number properly. I believe I read that it should be able to scroll now? Am I missing something? Thanks for all the hard work, I love the program!
  20.    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanyvespigeon View Post
    Hi there, very rookie at this posting business
    With Quick Contact is it possible to edit the name that appears in one of the nine box,
    i'm wondering if possible to edit the name for example trying to get Martin Mobile's button and Martin Office's button without having to add a contact ? Both numbers would come from the same contact profile?
    Thanks JY
    Haven't implemented that yet but looking at doing something like that soon.