Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
  1.    #441  
    Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. I'll see if I can move the names to the bottoms easily.

I didn't set the preferred number automatically since by default, Preferred Number Dialing is set to On. If it automatically assigns the one number to be preferred, it might cause confusion when it starts dialing instead of going to the detail page.

As for the App Catalog, it's looking like it'll be pretty soon but don't have a date yet so we'll see.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 08/28/2009 at 08:28 AM.
    Great App....Thanks for all your hard work!!!!!
    3 things. Thinks names would look better on bottom, maybe as part of the pref we could put in a nickname for the contact so its shorter....but that's purely cosmetic. Email address with link to new email card in contact info like sms would be awesome. And more than 9 nine contacts. Those two things would make this the perfect app. Ps I will be donating when I get home from work. Awesome job.
    Not sure if this has been found yet or not, but I found a small "bug".. I have a contact with both a long name and a long Company Name in their contact. So, because you bring the company name in the contact, it wraps the name over the "Preferred Number" label. See a screenshot example below.

Otherwise, love this app!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Not sure if this has been found yet or not, but I found a small "bug".. I have a contact with both a long name and a long Company Name in their contact. So, because you bring the company name in the contact, it wraps the name over the "Preferred Number" label. See a screenshot example below.

Otherwise, love this app!
    Thanks. I'll fix that one up.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Purely cosmetic thing, here, and this may be a dialer issue and not one with Quick Contacts, but when you use a picture on the contact the picture comes up enlarged while doing the actual dialing - even though it looks fine on the contact itself or quick contact.
  7.    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by hshendon View Post
    Purely cosmetic thing, here, and this may be a dialer issue and not one with Quick Contacts, but when you use a picture on the contact the picture comes up enlarged while doing the actual dialing - even though it looks fine on the contact itself or quick contact.
    Yeah if it's on the dialer, as far as I know, I can't change how they scale/show the picture there.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    this app keeps getting better and better. I would like to suggest an enhancement. Now that you have added the Text Message button next to the contact number, it would be nice if when a user clicks the Text Message button they are presented with a list of quick texts (i.e. 'In a Meeting', 'Can't talk right now' etc). The first option in the list should be 'Blank Text'. If the user selects 'Blank Text', they are taken to the Messaging app with an empty message. If the user selects one of the quick text values, they are taken to the Messaging app with the quick text populated.

I could provide mock screen shots of what I am talking about if that helps.

I think that would greatly increase the value of this app. There is another app that does quick texts but having multiple features in one app is a plus.

Thank you
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Has it already been noted that there seems to be a bug when a contact changes profile pics? I have a couple that must have changed their FB photos and they are resynced in my contacts profile, but the app does not receive the changes so there is just a blank with the name listing. Sorry if this was already mentioned but is the main thing I noticed.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  10.    #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Has it already been noted that there seems to be a bug when a contact changes profile pics? I have a couple that must have changed their FB photos and they are resynced in my contacts profile, but the app does not receive the changes so there is just a blank with the name listing. Sorry if this was already mentioned but is the main thing I noticed.
    Thanks bigfire. Yes that's an issue where you have to use the Replace/Resync button to sync it back up with their picture. That will be fixed in the future so for now Replace/Resync will fix that.

uptempo777
    This is looking really good! A couple more things:

-- When re-syncing a contact with the Contacts app, it would be nice if the program just remembered what Contact it's associated with and didn't make you find and select one.

-- When the person's name + company name is too long for the header on the details screen, the overflow text overwrites "Preferred Number" and looks bad. I can send you a screen shot from the emulator if you need it.

-- I'd actually rather not display the company name for most of my quick contacts. Can this be settable?

-- I wish I could e-mail as well as SMS and dial from the contact details screen. :-)
  12.    #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by wfrye View Post
    this app keeps getting better and better. I would like to suggest an enhancement. Now that you have added the Text Message button next to the contact number, it would be nice if when a user clicks the Text Message button they are presented with a list of quick texts (i.e. 'In a Meeting', 'Can't talk right now' etc). The first option in the list should be 'Blank Text'. If the user selects 'Blank Text', they are taken to the Messaging app with an empty message. If the user selects one of the quick text values, they are taken to the Messaging app with the quick text populated.

I could provide mock screen shots of what I am talking about if that helps.

I think that would greatly increase the value of this app. There is another app that does quick texts but having multiple features in one app is a plus.

Thank you
    I'll make a note of that wfrye. Thanks for your input!

uptempo777
  13.    #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    This is looking really good! A couple more things:

-- When re-syncing a contact with the Contacts app, it would be nice if the program just remembered what Contact it's associated with and didn't make you find and select one.

-- When the person's name + company name is too long for the header on the details screen, the overflow text overwrites "Preferred Number" and looks bad. I can send you a screen shot from the emulator if you need it.

-- I'd actually rather not display the company name for most of my quick contacts. Can this be settable?

-- I wish I could e-mail as well as SMS and dial from the contact details screen. :-)
    Resyncing to the same contact - I'll see if I can make that easier.

Name and company too long bug - fixed in next version.

Preferences to remove company and email contact ability - to come in a future version.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I just want to say I hope 'resyncing' to update a changed picture can be added prior to this app going to catalog.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I had something weird happen last night when I upgraded quick contacts. Don't know if it's a bug with the app or just a Pre thing. But here's the situation:

I had quick contacts in my quick launch bar at the bottom of the screen. It had the old quick contacts icon. When I upgraded last night to the latest version, the icon did not update to the new one. But as soon as I dropped the icon onto a normal launcher app page, the icon changed to the new icon. I thought that was weird, but figured the problem was fixed. So I tried to put the new icon back into my quick launch bar. But as soon as I did, the quick contacts icon changed back to the old icon! I then repeated those steps with the same result. I eventually had to totally delete the app from my Pre and re-install quick contacts for the new icon to stick.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but perhaps this happened to someone else as well.

The app rocks though! Still hoping for more than one 'contact page' ;-)
  16.    #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdraket View Post
    I had something weird happen last night when I upgraded quick contacts. Don't know if it's a bug with the app or just a Pre thing. But here's the situation:

I had quick contacts in my quick launch bar at the bottom of the screen. It had the old quick contacts icon. When I upgraded last night to the latest version, the icon did not update to the new one. But as soon as I dropped the icon onto a normal launcher app page, the icon changed to the new icon. I thought that was weird, but figured the problem was fixed. So I tried to put the new icon back into my quick launch bar. But as soon as I did, the quick contacts icon changed back to the old icon! I then repeated those steps with the same result. I eventually had to totally delete the app from my Pre and re-install quick contacts for the new icon to stick.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but perhaps this happened to someone else as well.

The app rocks though! Still hoping for more than one 'contact page' ;-)
    I believe this was reported earlier.

In order to get the new icon, there are 2 ways:

1) Uninstall your older version of Quick Contacts and then re-install. Doing this will get you the new icon BUT you will lose all of your saved Quick Contacts.

2) After installing over your previous version of Quick Contacts (without uninstalling), restart your Pre. It should have the new version of the icon.

Which is faster though? Since it does take a while to start up your Pre, it could be faster to just re-add your 9 contacts and doing option #1.

More than one contact page - working on that! =)

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    I believe this was reported earlier.

In order to get the new icon, there are 2 ways:

1) Uninstall your older version of Quick Contacts and then re-install. Doing this will get you the new icon BUT you will lose all of your saved Quick Contacts.

2) After installing over your previous version of Quick Contacts (without uninstalling), restart your Pre. It should have the new version of the icon.

Which is faster though? Since it does take a while to start up your Pre, it could be faster to just re-add your 9 contacts and doing option #1.

More than one contact page - working on that! =)

uptempo777
    Thanks! I guess I'll have to search the previous posts so I don't duplicate topics. Thanks though!

Just donated too ;-)
    So I'm a newbie to the Homebrew Apps and could be screwing this up, but I can't get the Quick Contacts to "accept" my contacts... After opening it on my phone, it shows the 9 squares, I tap to select a contact, but then nothing... no pic or contact is displayed in squares...
    I've tried different selections to... anyone??
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by shamlesteberg View Post
    So I'm a newbie to the Homebrew Apps and could be screwing this up, but I can't get the Quick Contacts to "accept" my contacts... After opening it on my phone, it shows the 9 squares, I tap to select a contact, but then nothing... no pic or contact is displayed in squares...
    I've tried different selections to... anyone??
    Make sure you have the newest version of the WebOS - currently that's 1.1. Go to your Launcher->Updates to get it.

uptempo777
  20.    #460  
    Just when you thought you had the latest version - here's Quick Contacts v0.8.5.

This addresses the bugs that people have reported and adds the additional feature of being able to show the contact's names on the bottom of the photo (editable in Preferences). Here's the rest:

Version 0.8.5 - RELEASE CANDIDATE 2 [8/28/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Updated Preferences feature - Show Names: Ability to show on top or bottom area of photo
    - Fixed overflow if phone number is too long in contact detail
    - Fixed overflow if name and company are too long in contact detail
    - If a contact detail has too many phone numbers, area will scroll without interfering with bottom buttons
    - Fixed headers while scrolling in Help areas

uptempo777