Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdmeier View Post
    Plain Silver disc with and without drop shadow.

Looks really good. One thing though that's not too clean is that the areas where images intersect each other, there is a fine white tracing. For example, around the green circle, there is a white line and where the disc crosses over the people. Can you see it on your end?

It's in both icons when I load them up.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The image has a transparent background for me, so everything is white. Let me see what I can do in the morning. Maybe I can put it on a black background and try and clean it up.
  3.    #423  
    The image has a transparent background for me, so everything is white. Let me see what I can do in the morning. Maybe I can put it on a black background and try and clean it up.
    No problem. Thanks for all the trouble. It's looking good.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I placed it on a black background and tried to get rid of any bright outlines.
    I think this is as clean as I can get it.

No Problem at all. I love the app and wanted to help anyway I could.
  5.    #425  
    I placed it on a black background and tried to get rid of any bright outlines.
    I think this is as clean as I can get it.

No Problem at all. I love the app and wanted to help anyway I could.
    That last one didn't work out so well, the disc has no transparency.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The image changes once I place a black background on it. I did try it again, it still looks to dark, but let me know. I may have to try something else.

7.    #427  
    The disc needs to have some transparency. It still looks like a full disc with no transparency.
  8.    #428  
    Here's the one I'll probably go with. (I added the transparency).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    OK, Great. I'm glad it worked out. If you need anytyhing else, let me know.

-Steve
  10.    #430  
    Here we go with Quick Contacts v0.8.4 - RELEASE CANDIDATE 1 just released today!

This is one of our final checks before being released to the App Catalog. Help us try to find any bugs/typos/general bad grammar (such as in the help). A couple of requested items that made sense are included this release. Also, there's a lot of code cleaned up so it should be a lot slimmer on your Pres.

And TONS OF THANKS to sdmeier for working on the new icon. Everyone knows that image editing takes a lot of time and it wouldn't have happened without his help!

New for Version 0.8.4 [8/27/2009]
    ---------------------
    - Added Feature: Show Names on Photo
    - Removed back button from contact detail
    - Contact Detail: Contacts button launches Contacts App to that contact
    - Contact Detail: Phone button calls preferred number if Preferred Number set. Otherwise, brings up phone dialer. Uses One Touch Dial if set.
    - Added Frequently Asked Questions
    - Added more support options
    - Updated Quick Contacts icon

uptempo777
    Downloading now. I can't wait.
    Ok I think I might have found a bug already. Hopefully I am wrong. When I click on one of my contacts it brings me to their info. Good. Then when I click on the text message icon next to the number I want to text it brings up a text message to "unknown" and sends nothing. Is this right? ( FIXED IT) Just resynced.

Also a suggestion is to bring over email address from the contact app.
    have an issue not sure if its just me..

not a big one though. updated via preware

icon did not change. however if i drag back to launcher pages its different (and looks much niceR) but if in quick launch bar, its the old icon.

anyone else get that problem?

other than that looks good so far thanks for your work!
    rebooting phone fixed it, silly me.

fits in MUCH better with the email/txt/web icons that ive got on the quick launch.

good choice.
    Looking better with each new version, thanks for the updates!

One request... I never send SMS messages to any phone number but a mobile phone. However, I guess some people might since Sprint does offer text-to-landline. With that in mind, I won't ask to completely remove the SMS button next to every phone number, but would you consider adding a preference to show the SMS button ONLY next to "mobile" numbers? :-)
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemketron View Post
    Looking better with each new version, thanks for the updates!

One request... I never send SMS messages to any phone number but a mobile phone. However, I guess some people might since Sprint does offer text-to-landline. With that in mind, I won't ask to completely remove the SMS button next to every phone number, but would you consider adding a preference to show the SMS button ONLY next to "mobile" numbers? :-)
    I was thinking about that at first but then realized there might be other phone types like Google Voice which will also receive text messages but might be classified as Other or even Home.

Maybe a preference but I don't want to get too preference crazy either.

uptempo777
    Looks good. When the names are on the pics, they seem to cover they majority of the faces since the position is higher up with each box (main screen). Any chance of moving the name labels to the lower position so that it doesn't cover the faces? If not, no biggie! Functionality is working really well!

When the name is too long (last name problem) I do like how it will just stop within the square and not run over.

Name was "Monica Hernandez" and the "z" didn't show up. It stops at the "e" cleanly within the frame. Nicely done!

Great app, really appreciate the effort!
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/27/2009 at 10:55 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Blazing Fast. Faster than the built in Speed dial. Awesome App!!!!!!!
    A few suggestions:
    1) Name on picture at bottom. Blocks face.
    2) It moves the dialer and text card to the end if already open. (does this make it work faster?) Text and Email stay put. Not a big deal, just an observation.
    3) More than 9. 1 or 2 more "9 person fields" Sorting like pictures from left to right within the card.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    have an issue not sure if its just me..

not a big one though. updated via preware

icon did not change. however if i drag back to launcher pages its different (and looks much niceR) but if in quick launch bar, its the old icon.

anyone else get that problem?

other than that looks good so far thanks for your work!
    I had the same issue. I see that a reset fixed it for you. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and that fixed it (and was faster than resetting, even with having to set up my contacts again - which is why I tried it first).

It may be an issue with how WebOS handles the quick launch icons rather than with QuickContacts.

Uptempo: When does it go to the App Catalog? I want to get my $5 in (and it's worth every penny), but payday's not until Monday!

Also, one suggestion: If a contact only has one number, how about automatically setting that as the preferred number?
    I wanted also suggest that the names appear underneath since it covers the faces. I'm gonna donate tomorrow. I hope I beat the deadline... Good job btw! Befar the best homebrew app