Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    I love the new changes to this app, its like the one stop app for your contacting most frequently contacted friends/family. But I do agree, the icon could use a newer, spiffier one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdmeier View Post
    Any feedback on these guys???

or or or or or or

My vote is for the 3rd one. The people icons look too much like the windows messenger icon.

I like the 3rd one coz it's the most "pre"-like. Simple but elegant.
    I like the current icon, personally. I guess the simplest of the bunch, number 3, would be my preference.

In any case, I came in here to let you know about a problem with your app:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...amera-app.html

I hope you can find a way to correct this. Not just so I can use your app again, but so I can use my camera without having to return my phone to factory defaults.
  4.    #384  
    I just replied on the thread Admiral. As I said there, I'll look to see if there's anything in the code that could cause it but it never touches the camera or photos that the camera takes.

uptempo777
    Thanks a lot dude. I love the app otherwise, it was the last one I deleted in my troubleshooting :/

I posted more details about my situation in that thread, maybe it will help you out, if the problem is even within your control and not someone else's fault.
    For your convenience, I'll repost my Pre's apps here. And in greater detail.

These are my official apps, which were there during all segments of the troubleshooting:

-AP Mobile
    -GoodFood
    -Pandora
    -Mileage Monitor
    -Flixster
    -Accuweather
    -Sudoku

These are the homebrew apps that I had when I first realized that my camera was useless:

-QuickContacts
    -ShoppingList
    -MineSearch
    -Blocked
    -Hangman
    -WordWhirl

I deleted everything but QuickContacts, ShoppingList, and WordWhirl and the problem persisted. I then deleted QuickContacts, reset the phone, and the camera worked immediately.

I reinstalled QuickContacts, which was on the phone along with ShoppingList and WordWhirl at this point. The camera still worked. The camera did not break until I started adding friends.

In the four corners, I had friends with no images (voicemail, work, and two older relatives). The middle row was made up of 3 friends, all with images syncing to facebook. The top middle was a friend whose picture was stored in my Gmail contact info, and the bottom middle was a friend whose picture was stored only on the phone itself.

By the time I was done adding all these people, the camera app was broken again. I deleted QuickContacts only, reset the phone twice, and opened and closed stuff like Memos, Phone, and Messenger to make the camera work again.

I hope that helps!
    I like icons 3 and 6. The current one doesn't go well with other icons in the launcher bar IMO.

No problem here with the camera or photos apps.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    The current icon is just fine... I already associate it to Quick Contacts - why change.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdmeier View Post
    Any feedback on these guys???

or or or or or or
    Of those, I'd say either 3 or 6. But... how about something like this? It should help tie it back to the original icon while fitting better with the usual Pre icons.

Last edited by bbrg548; 08/25/2009 at 11:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I agree with the commenter who suggested that emailing isn't necessarily a "quick" task, so there doesn't need to be a quick tap to email a top-9 contact. However, texting, as mentioned, is a quick method of communication, so I think there should be some simple, quick way to text as well as phone your 9 contacts, either by toggling or by touch (phone) v. touch-and-hold (sms). The problem with touch-and-hold is that you'd need a new way to open up the contact's details. If it is the toggle option, and if the email launcher is still at the bottom of the screen, it is only a benefit, not a drawback, to allow for the same quickness in emailing as in texting.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    The PRE has many great ways to find a contact and send an email... I agree that email is not by it's nature a 'quick' task... I'm not sure I would not put texting in the same category though.... No issues as to whether Quick Contact does email/texting - as long as it doesn't defer from being able to do what it was intended to do - dial a contact very easily...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    Of those, I'd say either 3 or 6. But... how about something like this? It should help tie it back to the original icon while fitting better with the usual Pre icons.

I think if you made the phone part of that icon slightly bigger or redo the original with sharper images and a little more color.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    I like this one
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Someone suggested an icon simular to the original.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I like #2 of the three that TreoRock just posted, but with each head a different color so you can see them better.
    Hi uptempo,

First.. great app. One of my personal favorites and a fundamental miss by Palm to not have a native quick dial app so their loss will truly be your gain. Bravo.

One issue I seem to be having that may have been addressed is that linked contacts that pull their images from Facebook don't update in your app. When ever a quick dial contact updates their profile image on FB I have to resync/refresh the contact or it just shows a blank square.

Having to do that so frequently has also caused me to desire that when I click the replace/resync button within that certain contact that it would go directly to that contact.

Other then that.... very well done app.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    I like #2 of the three that TreoRock just posted, but with each head a different color so you can see them better.
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by onthepitch View Post
    Hi uptempo,

First.. great app. One of my personal favorites and a fundamental miss by Palm to not have a native quick dial app so their loss will truly be your gain. Bravo.

One issue I seem to be having that may have been addressed is that linked contacts that pull their images from Facebook don't update in your app. When ever a quick dial contact updates their profile image on FB I have to resync/refresh the contact or it just shows a blank square.

Having to do that so frequently has also caused me to desire that when I click the replace/resync button within that certain contact that it would go directly to that contact.

Other then that.... very well done app.
    Thanks Onthepitch. Hopefully by the next WebOS update, Palm will allow me to automatically sync without you having to resync as often. Once that's available, that will be an issue that will be smoothed out quickly.

Any chance you can tell your friends not to update their FB photos too often? j/k.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Perhaps a "Resync All" option under the pulldown menu to update them all?