Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
    Not sure if this is a glitch or if i just was using the tap gesture incorrectly, but when editing one of my contact spaces in the app i would hold the picture and the 3 buttons would pop up on the bottom asking me what id like to do but as soon as i released the picture those would go away and it would open the contact entry. What i have been doing it holding it and then pressing the replace button as fast as i can before it disappears lol
  2.    #22  
    Yeah I mentioned it above but it's an issue with the Tap event and the Hold event being in the same place. I'm working on the fix.

Check out the earlier post I made to get it to work.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    if it works it seems very useful.
    GREAT start, exactly the app i needed with the Pre.

I look forward to future versions with default numbers and email/sms.

Do the pictures of the contacts update automatically (e.g. Facebook pics)

Thanks!
    I really like this app as it is. I call people on multiple #'s, so dumbing it down would render it ineffective for me. I placed it in my quick launch bar and it takes 4 strokes to call someone. I love the last stroke of actually activating the dialer. I can't tell you how many times my phone automatically dialed someone whom I really didn't mean to call. Thank you.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    GREAT start, exactly the app i needed with the Pre.

I look forward to future versions with default numbers and email/sms.

Do the pictures of the contacts update automatically (e.g. Facebook pics)

Thanks!
    Thanks!

Pictures of the contacts won't update unless you replace/resync. That's more a limitation of what WebOS will let me do with the contacts that are currently on the phone. I'll see if there's any solutions, if any exist, to make this work.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Great app. Probably one of the most useful ones available. Thanks for your effort.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Very nice application@!!!! I hope Palm can speed up how long it takes the Pre to open up applications, even when it's the only application open....
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    My biggest complaint solved. Next you need to have multiple screens that can be swipped through in order to dial. Also - a 'fast' mode. App takes a few seconds to launch - prob because of the pics coming up. How about a pref for an 'ultra light' mode where its just contact name and dial. Prob much faster start up. Pic dialing is nice and all, but speed is nice too
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    It's unclear to me, how is this different than just saving a contact to the launcher? This just seems to add an extra step because you have to actually launch a program to get to the contact instead of just going to the launcher to select the contact. Am I missing something?

You may want to take a look at the program dg Quick Cut. It allows you to save a speed dial shortcut to the launcher; when you tap the contact it will dial the number automatically, no need to select which number and you don't need to press the dial button. However, it does not let you assign (yet) a picture to the contact.

My idea for a perfect speed dial app:

1. For a given contact, allow you to select *which* number to dial so that when you tap on the contact it dials that number
    2. Assign photo to that contact
    3. Speed dial contact is placed on the launcher so you don't have to load an app to get there
    4. Alternatively, if you double click the center button it autoloads the speed dial page (like the iphone does)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79 View Post
    How about a pref for an 'ultra light' mode where its just contact name and dial. Prob much faster start up. Pic dialing is nice and all, but speed is nice too
    This already exists with the dg Quick Cut program. I use it in conjunction with the hack that allows you to add extra launcher pages and I have dedicated two pages solely for 1-click dialing, and it doesn't require you to launch a program to access it.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
    It's unclear to me, how is this different than just saving a contact to the launcher? This just seems to add an extra step because you have to actually launch a program to get to the contact instead of just going to the launcher to select the contact. Am I missing something?

You may want to take a look at the program dg Quick Cut. It allows you to save a speed dial shortcut to the launcher; when you tap the contact it will dial the number automatically, no need to select which number and you don't need to press the dial button. However, it does not let you assign (yet) a picture to the contact.

My idea for a perfect speed dial app:

1. For a given contact, allow you to select *which* number to dial so that when you tap on the contact it dials that number
    2. Assign photo to that contact
    3. Speed dial contact is placed on the launcher so you don't have to load an app to get there
    4. Alternatively, if you double click the center button it autoloads the speed dial page (like the iphone does)
    Thanks for the comments SirBC.

I didn't want to clutter up my launcher with contacts and more contacts. I'd rather that be just where I keep my apps.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rodgiddens View Post
    I love the last stroke of actually activating the dialer. I can't tell you how many times my phone automatically dialed someone whom I really didn't mean to call. Thank you.
    I like this too. I wish the phone were more consistent with it tho - there are some cases where you have to hit talk, and some where you don't.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
    I think this is why I was thinking a direct dial option may be better.
    With a two, step option you can keep the functionality of this app and add the functionality of a fast dial.

Obviously this is a matter of personal preference... so maybe a way to turn on one method vs the other... but hey, I'm not the developer, so I can't be too technical.

Thanks for the app!
    Refresh/Resync not working for me. It just goes to the contact. I had to delete the contact and then add them again. THis is a great start.

+1 for choosing the default number to use for each contact. I'm ok w/ choosing 2 numbers for a contact since you do sometimes call a person via 2 different lines. Usually I call a cell phone but occasionally I call a home # as well.

+1 for adding SMS quick button as well.
    A few comments.

1. Terrific work!

2. This may sound redundant but could you add sending text messages to the options as well? Lots of times it is hard to hit the SMS button when dialing a person's name. Choosing their name to send a text would be nice IMO.

3. The add/delete functionality was hard to understand. I did find a solution though. If I hold down on the contact, the popup window shows your options, if you use a different finger you can hit the buttin to delete/replace.

4. Is it possible to allow us to add more contacts to the screen so we can scroll through the list of people we added?

5. After we click on a contact could you add an option to close the app after we hit a number to call? I personally would like the app to close when I hit the number so i don't have to it myself.
    Last edited by pyrognome; 08/11/2009 at 12:02 AM.
    I expect this is unrelated to this app but installing this app compelled me to attach photos to the contacts I was assigning as a quick contact. Anyway my pics are blury when I attach them to a contact (very blury in the Quick Contact app) but when I view them in photos they are perfectly in focus. Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    when i download app and try to install it tells me that it cant find the correct path of the app .... what do i need to do to make it work properly
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhollo View Post
    I expect this is unrelated to this app but installing this app compelled me to attach photos to the contacts I was assigning as a quick contact. Anyway my pics are blury when I attach them to a contact (very blury in the Quick Contact app) but when I view them in photos they are perfectly in focus. Thoughts?
    Right now it scales all photos to 100x100 so if it's larger in dimensions and it's not a square, it'll look squished in horizontal or vertical (depending on which is larger). If the image is smaller than that, then it will look blurry for sure since it scales up.

In the future, I'm thinking of being able to choose a square section of the image to choose from if it's bigger than 100x100 so at least it looks as close to perfect as can be.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by ernest Aguilar View Post
    when i download app and try to install it tells me that it cant find the correct path of the app .... what do i need to do to make it work properly
    Are you using the Filecoaster or the 'palm-install' command line utility?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast