Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    thanks; I did miss that; maybe link the profile picture to also go to their contacts page?
    -m
    Thanks. Good idea. I'll test that one out.
    I just donated. Really look forward to the free lifetime updates
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Got ut finally... Thanks uptempo I did need the update. When I get home I'm gonna donate
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I love this app! Couple minor things.

Inside the detail view, the contact button should bring up the contact of that person versus regular contacts view. The behavior on the main view should stay as is to bring up the contacts view.

The email short cut.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I think that the app is great. The improvements that you have made are wonderful too.

One suggestion (I don't know if someone else has already made a similar one or not) - can you make more than 9 contacts available? Maybe by flicking down the screen more slots would appear? Maybe make another screen appear with 9 more contacts by flicking right or left. This would be very useful. Thanks!
    I'm not sure if this is a Quick Contacts issue, or a Pre/WebOS issue, but in cases where I have linked contacts (in this case, Facebook and Google), even if I've set the Google contact as the primary profile, and that's what photo shows up in the contacts app, QC shows the Facebook photo, which is what the OS originally defaulted to before I made the Google one the primary. Is this something you can fix, or is this an OS bug? (I feel like I've seen this happen with caller ID photos, too, but am not 100% on that, so I suspect it's a Web OS glitch :-( )
  7.    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdraket View Post
    I think that the app is great. The improvements that you have made are wonderful too.

One suggestion (I don't know if someone else has already made a similar one or not) - can you make more than 9 contacts available? Maybe by flicking down the screen more slots would appear? Maybe make another screen appear with 9 more contacts by flicking right or left. This would be very useful. Thanks!
    Thanks jdraket. Still working on a way to add more contacts and keep the UI clean.

uptempo777
  8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundGuyAndy View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a Quick Contacts issue, or a Pre/WebOS issue, but in cases where I have linked contacts (in this case, Facebook and Google), even if I've set the Google contact as the primary profile, and that's what photo shows up in the contacts app, QC shows the Facebook photo, which is what the OS originally defaulted to before I made the Google one the primary. Is this something you can fix, or is this an OS bug? (I feel like I've seen this happen with caller ID photos, too, but am not 100% on that, so I suspect it's a Web OS glitch :-( )
    Yeah it looks like a few people have experienced that issue. I'm talking with Palm's dev team to see if there's a way to access the default image or even choose from multiple images. If I can find a solution, I'll let you know.

uptempo777
    Can you make a list option kind of like quick dialer where you can just have text instead of pictures? My friends sometimes put wacky fb profile pics and i'm not sure who is who. The picture dial is cool but I think the text only option would be nice too.

Really stupid but do you have any other icons for the app? Not a big fan of the current one. Sorry : ) probably just being anal.
  10.    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by irishquinn View Post
    Can you make a list option kind of like quick dialer where you can just have text instead of pictures? My friends sometimes put wacky fb profile pics and i'm not sure who is who. The picture dial is cool but I think the text only option would be nice too.

Really stupid but do you have any other icons for the app? Not a big fan of the current one. Sorry : ) probably just being anal.
    I am looking at making a list view in a future version so it will be a little bit easier. The next version I have will also give you the option to see the names associated with the photos. Hopefully I'll be able to put those up soon.

Icons? Not at the moment but I'm open to suggestions.

uptempo777
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Yeah it looks like a few people have experienced that issue. I'm talking with Palm's dev team to see if there's a way to access the default image or even choose from multiple images. If I can find a solution, I'll let you know.

uptempo777
    I think this is an WebOS bug and doesn't really pertain to your app. I was able to fix this picture problem by un-linking the two profiles that were combined. One was the original profile/phone number before I linked it to her Facebook profile.

1. Starting with 3 profiles for this one contact (Jennifer). I un-linked Jennifer's profile with her phone number and the picture that I wanted as her Quick Contacts pic. (it was her Google Profile with its assigned pic that I un-linked)

2. Used Quick Contacts to access the un-linked Google profile and replaced the pic/bugged one (Facebook pic/profile was the bugged one that I didn't want). So at this point, now I have Jennifer twice on my phone, one contact with 2 profiles (Palm and Facebook) and one contact with her Google profile.

3. Linked her Google profile (through native Contacts app) back to the Facebook/Palm one.
    So now at this point, I'm back to a total of 3 profiles for Jennifer and not two separate ones.

4. Went to Quick Contacts and resynced Jennifer's number and the picture problem was fixed.

5. Additional (optional) step was to set her preferred number again.

Hope this helps as strictly data points for analysis.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/24/2009 at 04:39 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I think this is an WebOS bug and doesn't really pertain to your app. I was able to fix this picture problem by un-linking the two profiles that were combined. One was the original profile/phone number before I linked it to her Facebook profile.

1. Starting with 3 profiles for this one contact (Jennifer). I un-linked Jennifer's profile with her phone number and the picture that I wanted as her Quick Contacts pic. (it was her Google Profile with its assigned pic that I un-linked)

2. Used Quick Contacts to access the un-linked Google profile and replaced the pic/bugged one (Facebook pic/profile was the bugged one that I didn't want). So at this point, now I have Jennifer twice on my phone, one contact with 2 profiles (Palm and Facebook) and one contact with her Google profile.

3. Linked her Google profile (through native Contacts app) back to the Facebook/Palm one.
    So now at this point, I'm back to a total of 3 profiles for Jennifer.

4. Went to Quick Contacts and resynced Jennifer's number and the picture problem was fixed.

5. Additional (optional) step was to set her preferred number again.

Hope this helps as strictly data points for analysis.
    Thanks Achill3s. Sounds like a good solution for now. Should help a lot of people until I fix the problem (or Palm fixes the bug).

uptempo777
    uptempo, I think this has been mentioned but if you could assign the "Close on dial" to the actual dialer instead of your app, that would be great! I keep your app open most of the time. Currently, I just keep that switch in the "off" setting but it would be great if it closed the dialer as I usually have it closed anyway. Just my 2 cents, others might like it this way?

Either way, great app!!! Great updates with the sms icon added for each contact!!

Thanks again!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I created a quick Icon. Feel free to use it if you like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Thanks jdraket. Still working on a way to add more contacts and keep the UI clean.

uptempo777

Maybe there is a way you could do this and still have the app look clean.
    Why not add groups. On the top of the app where is say's Quick Contacts maybe make that button active. So when you click on it. You can choose between like Friends, Business, Etc. Just an idea. Then when you choose say friends the pics swap to your top 6 friends. Next you click the button again and select business and the pictures swap to your business contacts. Not sure how hard that is to program.

Does that make sense?
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Maybe there is a way you could do this and still have the app look clean.
    Why not add groups. On the top of the app where is say's Quick Contacts maybe make that button active. So when you click on it. You can choose between like Friends, Business, Etc. Just an idea. Then when you choose say friends the pics swap to your top 6 friends. Next you click the button again and select business and the pictures swap to your business contacts. Not sure how hard that is to program.

Does that make sense?
    Yeah that's around where I was going to go with that. Using Quick Contacts myself, I know that I could definitely use a groups feature. I'm just trying to see how that gels with having more than 9 contacts.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Love the app... actually moved it to my launcher in place of the phone app!

Please be careful adding more than 1 page of contacts - if I have to do 2 things to get to a contact - then the main purpose is mitigated.

Best suggestion is having multiple pages - and if you can move between pages like between cards - that is not too bad. Multiple pages this way would really do the same as grouping... within the context of the number of contacts a page supports

You could even add applications to additional pages - ... hmmm remind anyone of the Palm OS ???

But again - please be careful - you've built a GREAT app that does it's primary purpose VERY VERY well - a quick press and I'm dialing the person I want...

Sometimes adding more functionality mitigates the original intent.

OK - here is ONE suggestion.. let me put a 'dial order' into a contact's phone numbers (for instance - for BOB - #1 is mobile, #2 is Home, #3 is work..., but for Jane - #1 is home, #2 is mobile)... If I press on the Bob once I get his mobile number - if I press Jane twice I get her Mobile number)...

While I like having a preferred number - that preference may change based on time of day or whatever... so ordering the phone numbers with a SIMPLE select sequence to match - might be great (w/o taking away from the QUICK concept)
    I think this is the app that is most deserving of a donation.

My only suggestioon: Create a higher quality icon. The icon looks too grainy for a Palm Pre app.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Attempt #2

or or or or or
    Last edited by sdmeier; 08/24/2009 at 07:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Maybe I missed this, but how do I email one of my quick contacts?
    Steve