Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    That's a fair argument. What links would people want in a communications center type app? phone, contacts, sms, email, gvoice/skype? Maybe have four or five buttons at the bottom of the main screen that can each be configured with a quicklink? That way you could have phone, sms, email, gvoice, or phone, gvoice, contacts, skype... whatever four or five you wanted.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Love this app, well worth the $5!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    I am considering a pop up for doing SMS or dialing which would change the way it is working right now so we'll see. Definitely doable though.

In terms of adding the Email button, I'm a little torn since I don't want the interface to get too full but if it adds to the features without subtracting from the looks then I might put it in. I'll test that one out a little.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Having an SMS option available after opening the contact would be fantastic! Maybe just add the Pre's standard SMS button icon beside each of the phone number entries... Then you could click the phone number to place a call or click the SMS icon to open the text app.
  4.    #304  
    Check out the latest version: v0.8.3. Biggest changes here are that it's a lot faster! I figured I should focus on making it quicker. There's still approximately the same loading time of opening up Quick Contacts but if you keep it open, opening up each contact should be fast.

Also, another big item here is the addition of SMS to the contact detail section.

If you click on the SMS button from the contact and it says Unknown, Replace/Resync the contact to see if that fixes it.

Here's the rest of what's in store:

New for Version 0.8.3 [8/23/2009]
    ---------------------------------
    - Signifcantly Quicker!
    - Added Feature: SMS buttons in contact detail take you directly to previous conversation
    - Added Feature: Tap on contact name in detail screen launches Contacts App to that contact
    - Added Feature: Email button to main contacts area
    - Added: Detailed Help Menu
    - Renamed Haptic Feedback to Vibrate on Tap in Preferences
    - Added background gradient
    - Fixed button response highlight in contact details
    Last edited by uptempo777; 08/23/2009 at 09:57 AM.
    thanx dude.. this app rocks.. I am loving it.. My wife also loves it.. Keep on making it better.. Donate.. Donate... Donate... I love you app creaters.. Making the Pre more lovable everyday...
    650p, 700p, Pre
    I am loving this app! I really like when opening a contact the SMS buttons next to the numbers very cool addition. Is it possible to add a contacts email as well? Just like pushing a contacts # automatically dials.. Pushing the email will automaticallycompose a new message. I think this would be an awesome addition as well as being able to add an email contact to the QC and if its possible to set up the email as "preferred" like you do a phone#? Just my 2 pennies.

Thank you so much for an awesome app and you will definitely be receiving a donation from me
    Loving the update.. Now this is well on the way to be a completely must have app. Keep on doing what you do...

Donate Homebrew family...
    650p, 700p, Pre
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    The SMS button in contact is not working for me. When I press it it doesn't open the previous conversation. It launches as an "Unknown" contact.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    the photo is not replace in the quick contacts view after my contact changes their profile pictures on facebook. The picture updates everywhere else on the Pre except Quick contacts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    The SMS button in contact is not working for me. When I press it it doesn't open the previous conversation. It launches as an "Unknown" contact.
    Same thing is happening with me as well.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Great update.
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Can you try the replace/resync on that contact and see if works after that?

uptempo777
  13.    #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by deboss View Post
    the photo is not replace in the quick contacts view after my contact changes their profile pictures on facebook. The picture updates everywhere else on the Pre except Quick contacts
    In order to get the photo updated, you'll have to replace/resync. Let me know if that works for you. Once Palm gives us a little more access through the SDK and lets me automatically sync it, you'll have to do this for now.

uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 08/23/2009 at 10:37 AM.
    I love the Qick Contact. but when I installed the new version, it doesn't show my contact pictures. it's just a blank screen. it doesn't even shoe the numbers. can you please help me fix this, cus i really love this app. my email address is Pernell.burgess@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15.    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pernelll View Post
    I love the Qick Contact. but when I installed the new version, it doesn't show my contact pictures. it's just a blank screen. it doesn't even shoe the numbers. can you please help me fix this, cus i really love this app. my email address is Pernell.burgess@yahoo.com
    Just sent you an email but here are my questions in case anyone else has this issue:

Is this the first time you installed it? If you resync/replace each contact, does it fix the problem? When you go into each one, is their phone number/picture in there?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Can you try the replace/resync on that contact and see if works after that?

uptempo777
    That fixed it. Great application. Donation on the way. Thanks.
    Just sent you an email but here are my questions in case anyone else has this issue:

Is this the first time you installed it? If you resync/replace each contact, does it fix the problem? When you go into each one, is their phone number/picture in there?
    no, i had your other one on here. the one before the last one. then my phone speaker went out and they gve me a new phone. but when I downloaded the one before this one, it also didnt' work, so I try to erase and download new one, and i notice it was a new update. but that did the same thing. one thing I should note that is different from the last two versions that I downloaded other than your changes, was that these did not even have you basic body pic with the plus sign on it. I think this has something to do with it. it's like I am not able to fully download the full app. it looks just like the last picture i showed you after I download it. but I don't know, I'm just an electrician... lol not IT or programmer, you guys are the brains, i'm just an installer.
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pernelll View Post
    no, i had your other one on here. the one before the last one. then my phone speaker went out and they gve me a new phone. but when I downloaded the one before this one, it also didnt' work, so I try to erase and download new one, and i notice it was a new update. but that did the same thing. one thing I should note that is different from the last two versions that I downloaded other than your changes, was that these did not even have you basic body pic with the plus sign on it. I think this has something to do with it. it's like I am not able to fully download the full app. it looks just like the last picture i showed you after I download it. but I don't know, I'm just an electrician... lol not IT or programmer, you guys are the brains, i'm just an installer.
    Have you updated your phone's OS to v1.1?
    Have you updated your phone's OS to v1.1?
    I just checked my updates, and it has not downloaded that new update. I am downloading it now. I will update you after the download is completed. thanks
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    so far, this is the most useful app I have installed to my phone. I love the quick links at the bottom, and I love the option of click and hold to bypass the preferred number. my only suggestion (other than what you have in your to-do list) would be to have email addresses show up as well. other then that, this app is nearly perfect! great job!
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS