Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Might be be a silly request? but what about adding the "email" icon to the bottom of the page like you did with sms. Why? then i can use that spot on the launcher bar for something else?

Quick contacts would somewhat become a communication center?
    Just wanted to say that this is a great app. Thanks for your time and effort.
    Nice update, but I think the "close on dial" feature should close the dialpad instead of the Quick Contacts app. This is how gDial Pro does it and I love it.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I agree with TreoRock - I leave Quick Contacts open all the time and I keep closing the Phone app. Auto-close that one instead.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    I agree with TreoRock - I leave Quick Contacts open all the time and I keep closing the Phone app. Auto-close that one instead.
    But if the phone app was closed, then that would keep you from being able to use the phone app's features, like switching to speaker phone, DTMF, and so forth.

While on a call, the Phone app needs to stay open. Having it auto-close (presumably just after dial) would make it cumbersome to get to some of these features.
    I too agree with TreoRock... closing the dialpad instead of the Quick Contacts app would be a nice option. I think this app is about ready for PRIME TIME. Again nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    But if the phone app was closed, then that would keep you from being able to use the phone app's features, like switching to speaker phone, DTMF, and so forth.

While on a call, the Phone app needs to stay open. Having it auto-close (presumably just after dial) would make it cumbersome to get to some of these features.
    The auto-close feature should make the dial pad go away at the end of a call just like gDial Pro does it. Right now, it closes Quick Contacts and leaves the dial pad open at the end of a call, which is unnecessary. I hope that makes sense to you.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Auto-close the Phone after the call ends, not right after dialing...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    The auto-close feature should make the dial pad go away at the end of a call just like gDial Pro does it. Right now, it closes Quick Contacts and leaves the dial pad open at the end of a call, which is unnecessary. I hope that makes sense to you.
    Ah, yes, that makes sense.

It seems like the Phone app should have this functionality built-in. Since it doesn't, then I guess it's up to homebrewers to add this.

I agree. Even when not using QC, I rarely want the Phone app to stay open after the call.

But I'd also not want QC to stay open. So, really, there should be two options: close QC on end, close Phone on end.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Thanks for tha app
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Might be be a silly request? but what about adding the "email" icon to the bottom of the page like you did with sms. Why? then i can use that spot on the launcher bar for something else?

Quick contacts would somewhat become a communication center?
    To each his own, but...yuck.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Why yuck? I think the idea of centering communications around a single gateway app is a good idea.

If I can start a phone call, SMS, or email with my quick contact with a delayed press on their picture I think it's a good integration. Email's no different from SMS in that regard.
    didnt read thru 15 pages, wasnt interested in this app at first but gave it a shot and think its great. my thoughts:

i like idea of "communication" center - could leave this card up and then use the launch bar for others. adding email icon would be great.

i like the 1 touch dialing.. but is there a way we could get it to give you an option for SMS? Like a box pop up say "call" or "text" when you tap it? thats the only thing that i dont like, is sitll having to open sms app then pick who i want to text.

thanks for your hard work!
    Yeah, that seems an odd response. What's the yuck factor here?
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  16.    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Nice update, but I think the "close on dial" feature should close the dialpad instead of the Quick Contacts app. This is how gDial Pro does it and I love it.
    Yes I agree an option to close the dialer would be good. I'll try to work that in to the next release.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    didnt read thru 15 pages, wasnt interested in this app at first but gave it a shot and think its great. my thoughts:

i like idea of "communication" center - could leave this card up and then use the launch bar for others. adding email icon would be great.

i like the 1 touch dialing.. but is there a way we could get it to give you an option for SMS? Like a box pop up say "call" or "text" when you tap it? thats the only thing that i dont like, is sitll having to open sms app then pick who i want to text.

thanks for your hard work!
    I am considering a pop up for doing SMS or dialing which would change the way it is working right now so we'll see. Definitely doable though.

In terms of adding the Email button, I'm a little torn since I don't want the interface to get too full but if it adds to the features without subtracting from the looks then I might put it in. I'll test that one out a little.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 08/21/2009 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    I am considering a pop up for doing SMS or dialing which would change the way it is working right now so we'll see. Definitely doable though.

In terms of adding the Email button, I'm a little torn since I don't want the interface to get too full but if it adds to the features without subtracting from the looks then I might put it in. I'll test that one out a little.

Thanks,
    uptempo777

uptempo777
    email would be great too
    Ok, let me expound. This is "Quick Contacts," not "Quick Launch." Right now, I'll admit it doesn't seem like a big deal to add an email shortcut. But if it's going to become a shortcut repository for all your communications apps, why stop there? Hey, how about shortcuts to each of the GoogleVoice apps out there? (that would bring the shortcut count to what, five?) And what about when the inevitable VOIP apps like Skype start showing up in the app catalog? Hey, let's throw those in too! They are, after all, comm apps. Where will it stop? Anyway, that was my point.

Like I said, to each his own, but what I love about this app is its effective simplicity and uncluttered UI. Bam! My 9 most-used contacts are a fingertip away. No scrolling through lists or pages. Press my wife's pic, and it calls. Press my dad's, and it calls.

So let's say I have an email I'd like to compose to one of my contacts. If the link goes to email, thereby opening the email app, I'll still need to hit the new msg button and type or scroll to the recipient's address (just as the sms app shortcut does now). Well, all I have to do as it is now is hit the "contacts" shortcut already provided, scroll to or start typing my recipient's address, hit his/her email address, and start composing. That's the beauty of this phone...there's so many ways to skin the proverbial cat. I mean, if you want email FAST, you should always leave its card open anyway.

Now...to make everyone happy, if the developer could figure out a way to let users configure the UI to their own liking...that would be killer. Wanna add shortcuts? Knock yourself out. Wanna delete/hide them all? Ditto. Wanna move everything around on the QC home screen? By all means. That way, you could load it up, or simplify it to your liking. What do y'all think about that idea?
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    Ok, let me expound. This is "Quick Contacts," not "Quick Launch." Right now, I'll admit it doesn't seem like a big deal to add an email shortcut. But if it's going to become a shortcut repository for all your communications apps, why stop there? Hey, how about shortcuts to each of the GoogleVoice apps out there? (that would bring the shortcut count to what, five?) And what about when the inevitable VOIP apps like Skype start showing up in the app catalog? Hey, let's throw those in too! They are, after all, comm apps. Where will it stop? Anyway, that was my point.

Like I said, to each his own, but what I love about this app is its effective simplicity and uncluttered UI. Bam! My 9 most-used contacts are a fingertip away. No scrolling through lists or pages. Press my wife's pic, and it calls. Press my dad's, and it calls.

So let's say I have an email I'd like to compose to one of my contacts. If the link goes to email, thereby opening the email app, I'll still need to hit the new msg button and type or scroll to the recipient's address (just as the sms app shortcut does now). Well, all I have to do as it is now is hit the "contacts" shortcut already provided, scroll to or start typing my recipient's address, hit his/her email address, and start composing. That's the beauty of this phone...there's so many ways to skin the proverbial cat. I mean, if you want email FAST, you should always leave its card open anyway.

Now...to make everyone happy, if the developer could figure out a way to let users configure the UI to their own liking...that would be killer. Wanna add shortcuts? Knock yourself out. Wanna delete/hide them all? Ditto. Wanna move everything around on the QC home screen? By all means. That way, you could load it up, or simplify it to your liking. What do y'all think about that idea?
    Point taken PookiePrancer. Configurable main contacts screen sounds like a great idea.

uptempo777