Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1340
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    Can someone expend on what Haptic feedback does....
    It makes you think you're getting shocked by your Pre so you reactively flip it into the toilet.

    Increases sales.







    Regards,
    Tom
  2. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    Can someone expend on what Haptic feedback does with this app as well as Close on Dial option?
    Haptic feedback means that the Pre will vibrate when you press something. It's kind of nice to give you some sort of physical feedback that's missing with a touchscreen device.

    I find that the vibrate is a little off, however. Not sure if it's the duration or what, but I like the "haptic" feedback in the RPN calculator better.

    "Close on dial" means that QuickContacts will close itself when you dial. Before, the app would leave itself open when it switched to the dialer app. Makes a lot more sense this way, unless you happen to want to dial multiple people in a row.
  3. #263  
    Hello, I am having trouble with the app. I am trying to place contacts in the program. I tap a white box, I do not see any blue pawns or anything, and it then goes to my contacts. When I choose a contact it doesn't add the contact. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

    Please help.

    Rita
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    Can someone expend on what Haptic feedback does with this app as well as Close on Dial option?
    Haptic feedback will make the phone vibrate when you touch one of the 9 hotspots. Close on Dial will close the Quick Contacts application once you dial a phone number.

    I'll be creating a help menu soon as well so that should help out with any new features.

    uptempo777
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by poeticjustice911 View Post
    Hello, I am having trouble with the app. I am trying to place contacts in the program. I tap a white box, I do not see any blue pawns or anything, and it then goes to my contacts. When I choose a contact it doesn't add the contact. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

    Please help.

    Rita
    Hi Rita,

    Make sure you have version 1.1 of the WebOS. It seems like this was an issue with a few other people earlier. Let us know if that fixes it once you update to 1.1.

    uptempo777
  6. #266  
    I am a truck driver.. the contacts folder was a bit hard to thumb through while driving.. Love the quick contacts. The picture ICON make your contact easy to find. With the preference number selection.. this feature is also very handy. One touch dialing.. with my blue tooth head set. Love this app... thanks.
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrUltraClassic View Post
    I am a truck driver.. the contacts folder was a bit hard to thumb through while driving.. Love the quick contacts. The picture ICON make your contact easy to find. With the preference number selection.. this feature is also very handy. One touch dialing.. with my blue tooth head set. Love this app... thanks.
    Haha, glad to hear that but also a little scared. =P Thanks for your support!

    uptempo777
  8. #268  
    I want to say two things before I get to the point. First, this is a great app and hopefully will find its way to the app store soon. Second, this may have been addressed in a previous post, and if so, forgive me for being too lazy to read 14 pages trying to find it.
    I have one idea. When I add my wife's contact info to Quick Contacts, it pulls the picture from facebook as does the native contact app. However, rather than crop the photo to dimension, it appears to re-size it. This is not a show-stopper by any means. But my wife is 5' 7" and 120lbs. After the picture is re-sized, she appears 4' 11" and 275lbs! If she ever sees this, she will kill me and you will lose a customer! hehehe
    Thanks for a great job and for supporting the open source community.
    If Linux doesn't have a solution, then you probably have the wrong problem.
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by bull8042 View Post
    I want to say two things before I get to the point. First, this is a great app and hopefully will find its way to the app store soon. Second, this may have been addressed in a previous post, and if so, forgive me for being too lazy to read 14 pages trying to find it.
    I have one idea. When I add my wife's contact info to Quick Contacts, it pulls the picture from facebook as does the native contact app. However, rather than crop the photo to dimension, it appears to re-size it. This is not a show-stopper by any means. But my wife is 5' 7" and 120lbs. After the picture is re-sized, she appears 4' 11" and 275lbs! If she ever sees this, she will kill me and you will lose a customer! hehehe
    Thanks for a great job and for supporting the open source community.
    Hehe that's the funniest feedback I've seen. I am looking into being able to select a portion of a picture (if it's bigger) to fit exactly into the touchspot so hopefully she won't kill you. =)

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  10. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by bull8042 View Post
    I want to say two things before I get to the point. First, this is a great app and hopefully will find its way to the app store soon. Second, this may have been addressed in a previous post, and if so, forgive me for being too lazy to read 14 pages trying to find it.
    I have one idea. When I add my wife's contact info to Quick Contacts, it pulls the picture from facebook as does the native contact app. However, rather than crop the photo to dimension, it appears to re-size it. This is not a show-stopper by any means. But my wife is 5' 7" and 120lbs. After the picture is re-sized, she appears 4' 11" and 275lbs! If she ever sees this, she will kill me and you will lose a customer! hehehe
    Thanks for a great job and for supporting the open source community.
    I admit it. I have the same issue.

    With the wife being offended. Not with this otherwise excellent piece of software.
  11. #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Hehe that's the funniest feedback I've seen. I am looking into being able to select a portion of a picture (if it's bigger) to fit exactly into the touchspot so hopefully she won't kill you. =)

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    That is great. I am glad I humored you as well. You have done a great job with this app.
    If Linux doesn't have a solution, then you probably have the wrong problem.
  12. bbrg548's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #272  
    I've loved this app from the day I first found it, and it keeps getting better! I think haptic feedback is going to become a very popular option on Palm Pre apps.

    Just a couple of thoughts:

    a) The haptic feedback is great, but I think it's a little too long. I think the Checkers app has the vibrate length just about right, you may want to compare the two. Right now it feels the same as an alert. It should be distinguishable.

    b) If I have a preferred number set, the feedback is delayed - it closes QuickContacts, opens the dialer, and then vibrates. I would expect it to vibrate first (by the time the dialer opens, you already know you successfully tapped the button). It acts as expected if there's no preferred number and it goes to the QuickDialer information screen for that contact.

    Keep up the good work!
  13.    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    I've loved this app from the day I first found it, and it keeps getting better! I think haptic feedback is going to become a very popular option on Palm Pre apps.

    Just a couple of thoughts:

    a) The haptic feedback is great, but I think it's a little too long. I think the Checkers app has the vibrate length just about right, you may want to compare the two. Right now it feels the same as an alert. It should be distinguishable.

    b) If I have a preferred number set, the feedback is delayed - it closes QuickContacts, opens the dialer, and then vibrates. I would expect it to vibrate first (by the time the dialer opens, you already know you successfully tapped the button). It acts as expected if there's no preferred number and it goes to the QuickDialer information screen for that contact.

    Keep up the good work!
    Sounds good. I'll see what I can about making the response better.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  14. #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cin View Post
    I think a better method is to have an SMS toggle button on the bottom in the Command Menu. When you hit it, then click a contact, it takes you to their page in the SMS app.

    Or alternatively, just do the same thing as the contacts and dialer button and open the messaging app with the icon on the bottom :P Either way would make me happy
    I love the idea of a toggle mode but gesture based instead. I had read you planned on allowing additional contacts. I picture this being controlled in a side to side gesture like the launcher and pictures. HOWEVER to toggle from dial mode to SMS mode you could do a quick downward gesture that causes the app to bounce much like the web browser does when you scroll to the top of the page. The modes could be differentiated by different headers or background colors freeing up screen real estate for bigger pictures, contact names andon dialer mode Sprint Dialing vs Google voice dialing
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    _______________________________________________
    If You'd like to donate for my time on custom wallpaper and icon requests please use the link below. Donations are appreciated.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=7304478
  15. davidtoby's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cin View Post
    I think a better method is to have an SMS toggle button on the bottom in the Command Menu. When you hit it, then click a contact, it takes you to their page in the SMS app.
    I think this is a fantastic suggestion for adding SMS to your app.

    Your app is amazing, by the way. I absolutely love it - I love the use of pictures, and one touch dialing.

    One question - is there a way to reduce the lag when opening the app? Every app seems to have a longer than pleasant lag time, so maybe that's just on Palm's end, but if there's a way to improve the load time, that would be great.
  16. #276  
    Love this app! Keep up the great work!!!!
  17. #277  
    I posted about this issue in the main forum, but doesn't seem to have generated much discussion:

    I wanted to thank you, Uptempo, for acknowledging those of us who chose to "support" you through your early efforts. I think this app clearly deserves to be on the official catalog, but you were thoughtful enough to offer lifetime updates for a fair donation (BTW: People, if you haven't taken him up on his offer yet, you REALLY should consider it). From that, to your responsiveness on this thread, to the quality of the product you offer, you've been a class act!
  18. #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    a) The haptic feedback is great, but I think it's a little too long.
    2nd! I'd prefer just a quick jolt.
  19. #279  
    In the preferences, the 'One Touch Dialing' only works if you also have the 'Preferred Number Dial' set to 'on' as well. May want to 'connect' them some how so IF 'One Touch Dialing' = ON, then 'Preferred Number Dial' = ON.

    I don't think we need the 'back' button, imo. That's what the gestures are for.
    Love the one-touch-dialing.
    Can't wait for SMS and a second page for more contacts.
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwhorter View Post
    In the preferences, the 'One Touch Dialing' only works if you also have the 'Preferred Number Dial' set to 'on' as well. May want to 'connect' them some how so IF 'One Touch Dialing' = ON, then 'Preferred Number Dial' = ON.

    I don't think we need the 'back' button, imo. That's what the gestures are for.
    Love the one-touch-dialing.
    Can't wait for SMS and a second page for more contacts.
    Actually One Touch Dialing also should work if you tap a number in the contact's detail page which is why I didn't connect them. Is that what you are referring to or are you saying it's not working properly from the contact's detail page?

    Yeah I'm considering if I should keep the back button there. I guess I use it to go back and forth between contacts while I'm testing but not sure if everyone else uses it. I may drop it if not many people are using it.

    uptempo777

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions