Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Great app and great work so far. I prefer yours over the other app mainly because it has photos!

In using the app, I have found a few bugs:

* When you assign a contact to a slot, it doesn't appear to be using the proper default photo. I have edited the contact so that a different photo shows up in the Palm Contacts app, but when I add that contact to a slot, the main photo doesn't always show up

* (probably related to the above) When you click the refresh icon, the photo which I updated for a contact doesn't get refreshed into the quick dialer.

And here are a few feature requests:

* Give the photos a nice rounded edge and some shading. Purely visual, but would make it look much nicer

* Make the contacts and dialer buttons (in lower left/right) larger. There is room on the screen, so why not make it easier to tap (larger tap target)?

* Add the ability to drag the contacts around in the list to re-order them -- or at least some other interface to reorder them.

* Add an option to show the contact's name under the photo -- and ideally, be able to rename it to give it a "nickname" -- e.g., if I add "John Smith" and he's my dad, I might just want "Dad" to show up under the photo

THANKS!
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by computrav View Post
    Great app and great work so far. I prefer yours over the other app mainly because it has photos!

In using the app, I have found a few bugs:

* When you assign a contact to a slot, it doesn't appear to be using the proper default photo. I have edited the contact so that a different photo shows up in the Palm Contacts app, but when I add that contact to a slot, the main photo doesn't always show up

* (probably related to the above) When you click the refresh icon, the photo which I updated for a contact doesn't get refreshed into the quick dialer.

And here are a few feature requests:

* Give the photos a nice rounded edge and some shading. Purely visual, but would make it look much nicer

* Make the contacts and dialer buttons (in lower left/right) larger. There is room on the screen, so why not make it easier to tap (larger tap target)?

* Add the ability to drag the contacts around in the list to re-order them -- or at least some other interface to reorder them.

* Add an option to show the contact's name under the photo -- and ideally, be able to rename it to give it a "nickname" -- e.g., if I add "John Smith" and he's my dad, I might just want "Dad" to show up under the photo

THANKS!
    Really good ideas! I've been working on getting the contact, dialer (and also adding an SMS button) to make them bigger. Putting the name under the photo is a possibility too. Thanks for your feedback!

uptempo777
    I love this app so much. I soon as I am able, I will donate.

Now if someone can just create an app for SMS Auto Response/Reply and Birthday Reminders, then my Pre will be the best phone I've ever had. I guess I can wait for the OS update to finally get txt fowarding and copy/paste feats.

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by computrav View Post

Styling the pics with: -webkit-border-radius: 4px;
    should give you a softer look without going through a bunch of crazy javascript/css rounded corners code. Any more than 4px and the bleed from the border doesn't cover the sharp corner of the pic. Shading a bit more difficult because I don't think the -webkit-box-shadow works on webOS - worth a try though.

Looking good!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Great app!!!! The only thing in my opinion that would make it better is to be able to use it from the launch bar. Kudos on a job well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtina View Post
    Great app!!!! The only thing in my opinion that would make it better is to be able to use it from the launch bar. Kudos on a job well done!
    I use this app from my launch bar. Just drag off the phone app and drag this one on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtina View Post
    I think it is in the hints & tips post: Just tap and hold the Quick Contacts app and drag it on the launch bar before removing your finger form the app icon.
    Alright...still having problems with this app. Just downloaded the latest version and when I click on the icon to start the program it gives me a white screen that says Quick Contacts on top and two buttons on bottom. When I click the white screen it takes me to my contact list to add someone. When I click to add them it takes me back the the white beginning screen and shows nothing. If I tap the white screen again in the same spot as I did it will bring up the preferred number screen with only buttons.....no number no pic or any identification. Any ideas?? I've tried three different versions of this app and can't get one to work.
  9.    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by JStelzy View Post
    Alright...still having problems with this app. Just downloaded the latest version and when I click on the icon to start the program it gives me a white screen that says Quick Contacts on top and two buttons on bottom. When I click the white screen it takes me to my contact list to add someone. When I click to add them it takes me back the the white beginning screen and shows nothing. If I tap the white screen again in the same spot as I did it will bring up the preferred number screen with only buttons.....no number no pic or any identification. Any ideas?? I've tried three different versions of this app and can't get one to work.
    Hmmm it shouldn't have the white background anymore. That was in an older version. Have you rooted your Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Hmmm it shouldn't have the white background anymore. That was in an older version. Have you rooted your Pre?
    No....haven't rooted
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Suggestion: Focus on launching the app faster. Ping Rick Boatright over at webosinternals as he had some methods for launching apps faster, such as the way variables are initially setup.

Nice useful app all around. I've replaced my dialer with it.
  12.    #232  
    No....haven't rooted
    And you have version 1.1 of the OS? Sorry if these are sounding like basic questions, but just want to get all the easy possibilities out of the way.

uptempo777
    And you have version 1.1 of the OS? Sorry if these are sounding like basic questions, but just want to get all the easy possibilities out of the way.

uptempo777
    Hmmm....maybe the problem....just checked and I have 1.0.3 Is that the problem and what do I need to do? Oh, and why the hell do I have an old OS on a phone that is three weeks old!!!!!
  14.    #234  
    Hmmm....maybe the problem....just checked and I have 1.0.3 Is that the problem and what do I need to do? Oh, and why the hell do I have an old OS on a phone that is three weeks old!!!!!

The new OS wasn't released that long ago so it's likely you got one that shipped with 1.0.3. No big deal.

If you go to Updates in your Launcher, it should be able to update you to the latest and greatest from there.

Let us know if that fixes it.

uptempo777
    The new OS wasn't released that long ago so it's likely you got one that shipped with 1.0.3. No big deal.

If you go to Updates in your Launcher, it should be able to update you to the latest and greatest from there.

uptempo777
    Thanks....i'll update and keep you posted.
    Voicemail button!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Just downloaded this today but as computrav noted it is not displaying the right picture. I added my contacts but it is using the Facebook picture and not the picture that I have designated as the default account for that contact.

I tried to see if I could change it somehow but no luck. Also when viewing that contact I tried to go to preferences but it locked up on me and I had to close the card.
    I like this program, but when I put in contacts they suddenly disappear, like the program was just installed. Basically loses all my information. Not sure if this is a new issue or not. Just downloaded, so I the latest version.

Keep up the good work, love the program over-all, just trying to keep it working ;-)

Also cannot access preferences, program locks up.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 08/19/2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: adding more info
    The Facebook photos are showing up instead of my custom-assigned photos, although the custom-assigned (gmail profile) is set as primary.

Also, photos seem to be downsampled, since the 160x160 resolution pictures (about 1/4 size of full-screen) are heavily pixelated in Quick Contacts, although appear fine in Contacts & Photos.
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    Just downloaded this today but as computrav noted it is not displaying the right picture. I added my contacts but it is using the Facebook picture and not the picture that I have designated as the default account for that contact.

I tried to see if I could change it somehow but no luck. Also when viewing that contact I tried to go to preferences but it locked up on me and I had to close the card.
    There is currently a bug in Preferences in the contact detail area where it will crash. That's being fixed on the version I'm working on now.

As for the photos from Facebook issue, I'm looking into that as well.

Thanks,
    uptempo777