Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1340
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    Would you mind adding a preference to close the app when I click to call some one? I like my background =)
    I agree with this. I find myself manually closing the app everytime I get off a phone call that I initiated through Quick Contacts. Great job with the app so far!
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    Do you have plans to allow us to add an unlimited number of quick contacts? I would like to be able to scroll through more than just 9 people.

    Would you mind adding a preference to close the app when I click to call some one? I like my background =)
    I am planning on allowing more than 9 contacts as well as groups so you can organize it by any grouping you would like (friends, family, work, ex-girlfriends, etc). Just keep watching for the updates.

    uptempo777
  3. stevied3's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Using Filecoaster would be the easiest way. Another would be to download it from the page http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/quick-contacts and then install it through your PC which is less easy. Check out the thread on doing Homebrew Installs.

    uptempo777
    gotchya, I have an earlier version of the app already. By doing it again does it erase my contacts already setup and have to start from scratch again? Not that it's a problem, I just wanted to know if there was something I would do differently to just install the new version and my contacts stay in tact. Looovvveee the app btw!!!
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    I would like to see an option to choose which dialer to use. We have the default, but now we have gDial Pro and dkGoogleVoice. I would like the option to select which dialer is used.

    or

    Choose between native and Google Voice and have you application do a web dial to Google Voice directly, like gDial Pro.
    This is another feature I want to include. So if you are using Google Voice or any other similar solution, you'll be able to make the call through there with Quick Contacts. Since I just got my GV account a few weeks ago, I'm motivated to get this one in soon.

    uptempo777
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevied3 View Post
    gotchya, I have an earlier version of the app already. By doing it again does it erase my contacts already setup and have to start from scratch again? Not that it's a problem, I just wanted to know if there was something I would do differently to just install the new version and my contacts stay in tact. Looovvveee the app btw!!!
    Nope you can just install over the existing version and you'll be good to go. You won't lose any contacts that way.

    uptempo777
  6. bsoder's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahbl2 View Post
    Please put a link at the bottom of the app to launch the text app. Then I can remove that out of my quick launch bar also. Thanks
    I was about to ask for the same thing - a link to the Messaging app alongside the link to the Contacts app.
  7. #207  
    New version is great. Added a phone dialer icon and a contacts icon. Also added was a "preferred number" option. The best feature I've seen is that the pressing of the picture brings up the phone dialer and calls that contact w/o having to press talk. It omits an extra step, great improvement from previous version.

    Facebook pics are still compressed but don't think that's an app issue but more of a Facebook issue. Regular (non-Facebook) pics are rendered great.
  8. bryers01's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #208  
    Thanks for the update. I love that it now dials for you once you select the contact. Nice work. Thank for listening to our ideas.
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahbl2 View Post
    Please put a link at the bottom of the app to launch the text app. Then I can remove that out of my quick launch bar also. Thanks
    good idea
  10. #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Nope you can just install over the existing version and you'll be good to go. You won't lose any contacts that way.

    uptempo777
    Glad this came up; I've been installing from scratch every time
  11. #211  
    actually, more then one., sms integration, when u press and hold a photo , it will take you to a dial or sms page.
    also, it would be great if we can fit 12 pics instead of 9.
    also, adding a preference to close the app when you click to call
    great app, thank you
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 08/18/2009 at 01:23 PM.
  12. #212  
    this is great
    but sorry if i missed this, but are we able to scroll up/down/left or right to get more than the 9 contacts? if this could be done it would b super
    also i sent a slight donation
  13. #213  
    Besides the sms link, canthere be a sms link next to the number so it takes right to a convo with that contact? Great app!
  14. #214  
    Oh and how do install the update without starting from scratch?
  15. #215  
    Thanks for this great app! I work on-call and its very helpful to be able to dial right away on my new pre (rather than searching through the contacts)

    My question though, is there any way to change the quick contacts?
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinamn2224 View Post
    Oh and how do install the update without starting from scratch?
    Just install the new one, your prior information from the previous version will not be lost.
  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by pa19e View Post
    Thanks for this great app! I work on-call and its very helpful to be able to dial right away on my new pre (rather than searching through the contacts)

    My question though, is there any way to change the quick contacts?
    Change it in which way? If you press and hold the picture of the contact that you want to change, it will bring up the menu of choices. Press the two cycling arrows near the delete (red icon). This will allow you to resynch (for an updated picture for the contact) or to replace the contact slot with a new one.
  18. #218  
    That's what I was looking for! Thanks!

    Love the app! I will use it everyday! I do like the suggestions about adding the text feature to the bottom.
  19. #219  
    Great update uptempo.

    Just a purely asthetic request. I know that rounded corners on the pics was previously requested and I think that would look great.

    Also, and it may just be me, but what if you did the rounded corners and a transparent background? So the rounded buttons would be "floating" there. I think it would look nifty but I could be wrong.

    Thanks again!
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    Great update uptempo.

    Just a purely asthetic request. I know that rounded corners on the pics was previously requested and I think that would look great.

    Also, and it may just be me, but what if you did the rounded corners and a transparent background? So the rounded buttons would be "floating" there. I think it would look nifty but I could be wrong.

    Thanks again!
    I agree it would look nicer. That's one of the items I'm going to try to get in by the end of the weekend.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions