Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1340
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by isosunrise View Post
    The current version of GDial Pro dials out w/out extra taps.
    Yeah I just saw that. If any of the developers on here want to share and let me know how to do it, I'll incorporate that into Quick Contacts asap.
  2. #182  
    Here is my wish list.

    1. When looking at the 9 contacts on the main card, I'd like to be able swipe right-to-left and bring up a second set of 9 contacts. I would use one for personal contacts and one for work contacts.

    2. Add ability to SMS. I think you said your working on this.

    3. On the main card and the individual card, I would put the green dialer icon on the left and the contacts icon on the right. Reason, It would be more consistant with the default home screen layout that has the green dialer icon in the lower left corner.

    4. Maybe put some rounding on the pictures like someone mentioned earlier.

    5. Oh and of course: one click dialing of the prefered number like everyone else suggested.

    Thats it. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks.
  3. #183  
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but how about in between the contacts tab and the dailer tab if you put a voicemail tab. It would be nice to access that with opening the slider or having to tap the dailer and then the voicemail. I know I know... I'm lazy.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but how about in between the contacts tab and the dailer tab if you put a voicemail tab. It would be nice to access that with opening the slider or having to tap the dailer and then the voicemail. I know I know... I'm lazy.
    Hmmm it sounds like a good idea for a shortcut. I'll put that as a possibility on my list. Thanks for your input!

    uptempo777
  5. #185  
    Nah man... Thanks for your app!!!
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Yeah I just saw that. If any of the developers on here want to share and let me know how to do it, I'll incorporate that into Quick Contacts asap.
    this is the BIGGEST thing this program should have. great work
  7.    #187  
    Whoa didn't realize how late (I guess early is more the word) it is. There's a new version of Quick Contacts I just put v0.8.1. The biggest highlight is that you no longer need to hit the dial button which is what many people were asking for. In a future version, I'll also give the ability to turn it off (which ironically people were asking for as well).

    I'm still working on SMS but wanted to get the One Touch Dialing done first to save your fingers.

    Here's the rest of the new updates:

    New for Version 0.8.1 [8/18/2009]
    -------------------------
    - One touch dialing. No need to tap on the dial button anymore after choosing a contact's phone number.
    - Contact Detail was showing a square instead of white pawn for some users with no contact picture.
    - Some new Quick Contacts users did not see anything on the screen. Fixed this bug.
    - Fixed issue on Contacts Screen - on initial load, Add a Contact would show first, even if image exists.
    - Added entries for Pager and Second Fax.
    Last edited by uptempo777; 08/18/2009 at 08:58 AM.
  8. #188  
    Thank you. The new version and 1 tap dialing is fantastic!

    How about the option of having the dialpad come up with QuickContacts as a bottom
    corner option...just the reverse of what you have. This would be an option setting only for those wanting the dialpad to be available first.
  9. #189  
    You are prescient! [As I was writing that, I realized what a good word that is for Pre users]. Every time I think "wouldn't it be great if ...", the next update has it. For example, preferred numbers, one-touch dialing, etc. etc. Keep up the good work. Great app!
  10. #190  
    Great app! I think my only gripe now are the pictures. If we can choose a 100x100 section of the picture, that would be complete this app for me.
  11. #191  
    I recently downloaded the app for quick contacts but for some reason it is not working. I'm wondering weather I am doing something wrong because when I press the pic to add it goes to my contacts at that point I pic the contact I want and it goes back to the page and does nothing. PLEASE HELP ? edsidguerra@yahoo.com
  12.    #192  
    Thanks Croathlete. That's in the works as well. =)

    uptempo777
  13. #193  
    Thanks for the update. This has been a great app for me!!!!
    Instant dial is exactly what this app needed.
  14. ahbl2's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #194  
    Please put a link at the bottom of the app to launch the text app. Then I can remove that out of my quick launch bar also. Thanks
  15. peterweb's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #195  
    I would like to see an option to choose which dialer to use. We have the default, but now we have gDial Pro and dkGoogleVoice. I would like the option to select which dialer is used.

    or

    Choose between native and Google Voice and have you application do a web dial to Google Voice directly, like gDial Pro.
  16. #196  
    This is easily the most useful Homebrew App on my Pre (Filecoaster a close second for obvious reasons). I'm loving what you're doing with it to make it better with every update. My only input at this point, after reading through the entire thread, is that you please stay true to what this app was intended to be. Many have clearly provided useful suggestions, but in just a few cases, it seems as if some would like Quick Contacts to be a sort of Swiss Army knife app. I'd hate to see the elegant and simple UI start to get cluttered and complicated, making "Quick" anything but

    BTW, I'm not implying the app is going down that path yet; I just don't want it to even start. You've done an awesome job so far!
  17. #197  
    Do you have plans to allow us to add an unlimited number of quick contacts? I would like to be able to scroll through more than just 9 people.

    Would you mind adding a preference to close the app when I click to call some one? I like my background =)
  18. stevied3's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #198  
    how do you go about updating to the newest version?
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    This is easily the most useful Homebrew App on my Pre (Filecoaster a close second for obvious reasons). I'm loving what you're doing with it to make it better with every update. My only input at this point, after reading through the entire thread, is that you please stay true to what this app was intended to be. Many have clearly provided useful suggestions, but in just a few cases, it seems as if some would like Quick Contacts to be a sort of Swiss Army knife app. I'd hate to see the elegant and simple UI start to get cluttered and complicated, making "Quick" anything but

    BTW, I'm not implying the app is going down that path yet; I just don't want it to even start. You've done an awesome job so far!
    I'm still trying to keep (and improve) the 'quickness' and increase it's value in terms of ability to communicate with your contacts in a more efficient manner. I don't anticipate Quick Contacts to being able to do your budgeting, shopping lists or having a tip calculator on here so I think we're safe from that. =) Good points though PookiePrancer.

    uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 08/18/2009 at 11:25 AM.
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevied3 View Post
    how do you go about updating to the newest version?
    Using Filecoaster would be the easiest way. Another would be to download it from the page http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/quick-contacts and then install it through your PC which is less easy. Check out the thread on doing Homebrew Installs.

    uptempo777

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions