1.    #1  
    The WhiteLight app is for showing "White Light". This is NOT a flashlight app per se. Ideally, in an emergency situation, such as when the twin-towers caught fire, and people need light, a cell phone's flash would stay turned on to allow for a few minutes of light.

Currently, this is not possible on the Pre, the next best thing is having a white screen.

The WhiteLight app is probably the simplest that you'll find. Touch the screen to turn it white, touch it again to turn it black.

This is just a temporary app that will allow us to play with some lighting features.

If it's worthy, it will show up in the HomeBrew shortly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    this is cool i guess but i saw in a youtube video some guy had a rooted pre and had an app that turns on the flash from the camera on as a flashlight....now thats awesome wonder how anybody can do that
    BADD Flashlight already does this. It even includes a red screen so that your eyes dont need to adjust.
    but i think the best flashlight app would be to just turn on the flash of the camera not the screen...
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    this is cool i guess but i saw in a youtube video some guy had a rooted pre and had an app that turns on the flash from the camera on as a flashlight....now thats awesome wonder how anybody can do that
    Here is the app to do this.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ght-7-1-a.html
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    To be honest using the camera flash doesn't take up much battery as it is an LED which requires minimal battery to run. I have left the camera LED on for 5 minutes without a change in battery percentage.
    There is one out there. It's called my flashlight! By pregame. Rooting required. Really bright led by the way.
    Here's another bright, white screen: SplashID!
    Visor->650->Pre
    Haha, good one. Wonder what is taking them so long to release a working version that they say they've been testing since 8/1.
    Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy View Post
    ROFL
    I'm guessing they're waiting for the app catalog to leave beta.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    If you want the best flashlight possible, root your phone and do it. This is just a silly app for those that don't ever want to root their phone.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    ROFL
    +2!!!!!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    thank you for this app. Ignore the guy who rags on it. I think we all need to keep in mind that the people who develop the homebrew apps are doing many of us a good turn. As far as the person who complained in the post about those being too lazy to root their pre... Can It Pal. Some of us may not be developers or geeks, but at least we have people skills! I appreciate the developer of this app taking time to do something for others.