Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    UPDATE August 21, 2009: The app seems to be working perfectly now. Just added a background, some funny sounds and tweaked the overall look a bit.

1. Let me know about the sounds, if you like them or don't.
    2. If you like it better, re-evaluate how many stars you gave it.

Here is a simple BAC Calculator (Blood Alcohol Content) app that will "estimate" you blood alcohol content.

Palm Pre BAC Calculator - Geiger
    Last edited by geiger; 08/21/2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Been waiting for this one.
    Thank you
    Is this in the gallery yet?
    I know this is not for serious use, but really, it is not even close to accurate. For one thing, the Male and Female calculations seem to be reversed.
    Last edited by sir_mycroft; 08/10/2009 at 03:07 PM.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I know this is not for serious use, but really, it is not even close to accurate.
    Maybe you can just drink a lot more than a normal person.
    Where do you get your facts from? I like the idea, but for me (210 pounds), it says I can drink 14 light beers in 3 hours and be at .08%. If I were female, I could drink 15.5 light beers in 3 hours.

I think you need to check your data...
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgromowsky View Post
    Where do you get your facts from? I like the idea, but for me (210 pounds), it says I can drink 14 light beers in 3 hours and be at .08%. If I were female, I could drink 15.5 light beers in 3 hours.

It's probably just getting confused by the fact that a man is drinking light beer.
  8.    #8  

Come again? I just entered 14 light beers in 3 hours and 210 pounds and the BAC should be .314 % which should mean you're in need of hospital attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by geiger View Post
    Come again? I just entered 14 light beers in 3 hours and 210 pounds and the BAC should be .314 % which should mean you're in need of hospital attention.
    I did the same test... Male, 14 drinks, light beer, 210lbs, 3 hours... 0.08 BAC... ...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I've had the same problem. It does not seem to calculate to bac correctly.

Estrogen feasts on alcohol

Yeah, it's fairly inaccurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by geiger View Post
    Maybe you can just drink a lot more than a normal person.
    I can. But even I would not blow sober after four doubles in one hour.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)

Dont know what the deal is with yours, but when I enter a male of 210 pounds with 14 drinks in 3 hours i get .314%
    Seems accurate to me.

See below:
    I noticed sometimes it checks more than one drink, idk why. Try it out, choose a drink and scroll up and down the menu.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Great app, I absolutely love it. This is perfect for a college student looking to show off his phone at parties

If you could; make it so it goes over 300 pounds and 20 drinks? (Lets just say I live in Wisconsin )
    Quote Originally Posted by abiezerf View Post
    I noticed sometimes it checks more than one drink, idk why. Try it out, choose a drink and scroll up and down the menu.
    I can't seem to get it to just choose one.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I had to delete this app because of how innacurate it is...@ 190 lbs, I can have 7 malt beers in 1 hour and not be over the legal limit...I'll keep watching for a calculation update.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubbx View Post
    I had to delete this app because of how innacurate it is...@ 190 lbs, I can have 7 malt beers in 1 hour and not be over the legal limit...I'll keep watching for a calculation update.
    I have it showing up as a .267% BAC. over triple the legal limit.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I am also getting VERY innacurate results. No clue why it works for some people, but something is messed up. I look forward to a corrected version!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast