View Poll Results: Which icon should be included in the next update?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15 26.79%
  • 1 1.79%
  • 5 8.93%
  • 34 60.71%
  • None of the above -- I'll make and email you a new icon right away

1 1.79%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I like the way this app has been coming along, but I still think that it's a little far from being finished.

I too have experienced the "unbeatable brick" which pretty much kills the game seeing as you have to restart.

There is lag while the game is in motion but this occurs during other games as well, I assume it's a widespread problem.

"Flick up to launch" is a little misleading because you have to flick up from where the ball would be in play, not from where you control the slider. I feel that this should be explained better on screen.

The level and score should not be where you have your finger the whole time so you can actually see it without having to move your finger away, in my opinion. I would like to see this info displayed at the the top of the screen perhaps.

It would be an excellent addition if you worked on haptic feedback for every time the ball hit the slider and maybe every time the ball hit a brick, too. Also sounds for these would also make a very nice polished feeling addition. These would be my two most requested features.

I do really like the opening page logo and the bouncing ball is a cool addition. I don't, however like the app icon itself (even though it got more votes in the poll), I feel like app icons should be more uniform and symmetrical to please the eye and make the launcher look better. I prefer the previous icon of a ball and 1 brick. Just my opinion.

Hope you don't mind the creative criticism. Keep up the good work.
    i'm really enjoying the game so far, but I do have one suggestion:
    allow the use of the Q and P keyboard keys to slide the paddle left/right, respectively.

I really enjoy playing mouseburglar, partially because it's a game that lets me use the hard keyboard instead of soft keys.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    i'm really enjoying the game so far, but I do have one suggestion:
    allow the use of the Q and P keyboard keys to slide the paddle left/right, respectively.

I really enjoy playing mouseburglar, partially because it's a game that lets me use the hard keyboard instead of soft keys.
    this a feature I plan on adding.
    Yeah! Thanks for adding my skin! Sorry about the name, again. It was either gonna be "Fart" or "Diarrhea", but I'm gonna save the latter for something else...
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    this a feature I plan on adding.
    oh, awesome! I'll look forward to it!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Yeah! Thanks for adding my skin! Sorry about the name, again. It was either gonna be "Fart" or "Diarrhea", but I'm gonna save the latter for something else...

It is actually my preferred skin to play with. I really like the grainy texture of the background and blocks.

quick question: where did the name fart come from?
    The new position of the bar is great!!!! Thank you. Having room for my big fat finger or thumb is helpful.

My only other issue is that it freezes a few times on every level.
    I still really hate that dead ball sound and I am looking forward to game sounds.

Not directed at this app but why are so many games and apps soundless on the Pre? Is sound hard to do? I am just curious.

The main screen could also use a spruce up, that yellow background is kind of ugly! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    I still really hate that dead ball sound and I am looking forward to game sounds.

Not directed at this app but why are so many games and apps soundless on the Pre? Is sound hard to do? I am just curious.

The main screen could also use a spruce up, that yellow background is kind of ugly! ii
    Sounds aren't terribely hard. I'll look into putting them in along with possibly vibratition when a brick is hit.
    Sounds aren't terribely hard. I'll look into putting them in along with possibly vibratition when a brick is hit.
    A lot of apps just seem to be quiet, I was just wondering why. I mean games cry out for sound you know... ii

I LOVE the vibrating brick option! I would make it an option though, others might not like it.

Once you think you are to the point, and ready, for advanced game ideas I will toss some out to you.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    It is actually my preferred skin to play with. I really like the grainy texture of the background and blocks.

quick question: where did the name fart come from?
    I don't know.. I just felt like naming it after one of the greatest things in the world.

I not sure how I feel about the wallpaper though. I think it should be darker. I may have to send kmax an updated version in the future...
    What tweaks helped with the lag issue (real-time pauses)? I'm having this issue as well and I haven't yet found what is causing it. I used the setTimeout(..) timer to control the animation loop as well.

I've tried reducing automatic variables assuming that GC might be involved. Or, perhaps, the app runs at 100% CPU causing a forced O/S interruption instead of one that shares time over a longer interval.
    I just now upgraded from brickbreaker and it's awesome. Thanks!!!!

I had an unbeatable brick on level 1, took a screenshot in case you are still looking into it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    cool.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Got an interesting bug for ya. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but here it is.

I was on a level with an intentional "unbeatable" brick, ya know the kind you are just supposed to work around and the ball bounces off of. Well take a look:

The silver block is the "unbreakable" one, and the ball had just bounced into the gap between it and the top. It came in on the right, and should have bounced up and down a few times and come out on the left, correct? Wrong, it came back out the right side. Very strange.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    please add power ups to this game
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123