View Poll Results: Which icon should be included in the next update?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15 26.79%
  • 1 1.79%
  • 5 8.93%
  • 34 60.71%
  • None of the above -- I'll make and email you a new icon right away

1 1.79%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubbx View Post
    I'm having the same issue as others after beating the first level. It also gives an error message at the top of option 2 unknown.
    I just released .1.5 that fixes this bug. Thank you for the feedback!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    great game thanks
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I can't get this to install, reset phone and still get not enough install space. can you help me with this?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jport1975 View Post
    I can't get this to install, reset phone and still get not enough install space. can you help me with this?

the game does have a lot of images, but the files not THAT big. I had this problem too, just uninstall some of the other homebrew apps. The problem is palm has assigned too small of a space for app downloads.
    Awesome game so far, keep up the great work! A lot of fun to play and some nice graphics on it. One glitch i found was that the brick in the very top left corner was the last one remaining for me 2 games in a row, but the ball just kept going through it as if it didnt exist so i couldnt beat the level. Just a coincidence that it was the last one left twice in a row, but it was the same brick and i couldn't make it go away.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Howdy.

When I play this game, I get a quick freeze (for only about 1 or 2 seconds) every couple of minutes. Then the game resumes normally. I don't know if you'd call this lag or a freeze, but I was wondering if anyone else experiences this?

Is there something wrong with my Pre or is it just kinks in the software?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrot View Post
    Howdy.

When I play this game, I get a quick freeze (for only about 1 or 2 seconds) every couple of minutes. Then the game resumes normally. I don't know if you'd call this lag or a freeze, but I was wondering if anyone else experiences this?

Is there something wrong with my Pre or is it just kinks in the software?

Thanks.
    its kinks in the software. I am trying to work them out...
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I also experienced the unbeatable brick, in level 4, career mode, beatles skin, v1.5. At the left about two rows from the top, there was one blue brick left that the ball kept going through and wouldn't let me beat the level.

Also, definitely figure out a way to pause the game when you switch to card view. User <elchileno> has a great example of this in his game "BlockDrop" in the webOS development forum.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I also experienced the unbeatable brick, in level 4, career mode, beatles skin, v1.5. At the left about two rows from the top, there was one blue brick left that the ball kept going through and wouldn't let me beat the level.

Also, definitely figure out a way to pause the game when you switch to card view. User <elchileno> has a great example of this in his game "BlockDrop" in the webOS development forum.
    This "unbeatable brick" is quite puzzling. and Yep will definitely look at pausing the game.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I've had the same problems with the "unbeatable brick" in several levels as well as the occasional lag/stutter when the ball is in the air. I've also had a time when I would destory all of the bricks besides the solid silver ones and won't be able to finish the level. Is there a high score system that is going to be implemented?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I've had the same problems with the "unbeatable brick" in several levels as well as the occasional lag/stutter when the ball is in the air. I've also had a time when I would destory all of the bricks besides the solid silver ones and won't be able to finish the level. Is there a high score system that is going to be implemented?
    I will be adding high scores after I can nail down gameplay.

Also, what level did you have that problem in?
    I think there was a brick problem in level 3? Can't remember for sure and not sure if that was this version or the previous.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    I will be adding high scores after I can nail down gameplay.

Also, what level did you have that problem in?
    I don't remember which ones exactly, but it happened in several later levels. I believe it was a couple of levels somewhere in between 12-18. On level 18, it wouldn't let me end the stage after destroying the blocks. I also just tested out level 4 in freeplay and the same block glitch happened. I believe they're usually on that last column on the left side.

As for previous comments about the "play area" size, I would also like for that to be increased. Sometimes it can be too close to the gesture bar and especially difficult if you have notifications on the bottom of your phone. I prefer to better see my paddle without it being covered up by my finger.
    thank you very much for this APP :P even tho i cant see the links
    not bad, but its a little buggy. it freezes sometimes.
    I enjoy the game, but in Brick Breaker the bar was above the finger control area which was great. Now the bar is in the control area which makes it harder to see the bar because the finger is in the way. As far as other issues, I sure this game will keep getting better. Thank you for the game!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Update 0.1.7
    check out opening post for more info/change log

if you like my changes/support the development of breakout leave a good rating.
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/breakout
    I gave you all stars because I love atari style games. It would be cool if we could control the paddle by tilting the pre, would just have to hang on it tightly.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    Update 0.1.7
    Still shows version number of 0.1.4 not 0.1.7 on the pre itself in the help menu.

Thanks again for a great game!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eduel80 View Post
    Still shows version number of 0.1.4 not 0.1.7 on the pre itself in the help menu.

Thanks again for a great game!
    ha, thank you. reuploading now... I also uploaded 1.8

• added a "bouncing ball" to the main menu -- looks cool
    • added "Fart" skin
    • slight improvement in collision detection performance
    Last edited by kmax12; 08/16/2009 at 12:43 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast