...EDIT 9/3 (v0.3.0):
    - added snooze option
    - added option for message text on alarm
    - improved alarm GUI

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - Can't choose custom alarm tone yet
    Thank you!

This is wonderful!

I can't wait to make my alarm tone be Pink Floyd's Time with all of the clocks going off at once!

About how long a clip will work best?

- Craig
    First it is really nice!

As I start testing 0.3, I hope that these are small things...

1. The DigiClock cookies keep the Preference screen information you last saved except for the alarm time. When you go back to your settings, the alarm time is reset to whatever the current time is instead of keeping the alarm time you last set.

2. Could there be some way to show that the alarm is set? The standard on digital clocks it is a round LED much like the round LED that you have on screen already.

3. If you press volume up or down, it brings up the DigiClock menu as expected. Could you enable the Preferences menu item to go to your Preferences screen. I did not understand at first to press the round LED to see the Preferences screen.

4. The snooze time selection options are 5 to 60 minutes. Can you allow 1 to 60?

5. And the last thing is to be able to pick the alarm ringtone to use as you already have noted.

Again, thank you for this. It is really nice!

To everyone who has downloaded this, it is certainly worth a donation in his opening post.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/04/2009 at 12:45 AM.
    DK,

This morning the DigiClock alarm clock did not go off.

I had it set correctly. As a backup, I had also set the Pre's built-in Clock to go off 5 minutes early so I could watch what the DigiClock alarm clock would do.

At bedtime, I double checked both one last time. Turned them off and turned off the display. (Otherwise the battery would never make it through the night with the display on.)

The Pre built-in Clock turned itself on and alarmed on time. I turned it back off to watch for the DigiClock.

The DigiClock did not go off.

I have played with the DigiClock some more this morning and it appears that the DigiClock alarm will only go off if the DigiClock app is on?

My past Treo Clock apps did not have to be running to turn on at the right time. In our family we also have an Instinct, and a RAZR that are both used as alarm clocks and those apps and phones can be off and the alarm will work.

I will do a little more research on this but I think that most smart phone alarm clocks do not have to be left on to make an alarm.

Could you add code like the built-in Clock uses that allows the built-in Clock to turn itself and the phone on when the alarm goes off?

If you can't, I would say keep out the alarm feature. I don't think most will understand that DigiClock has to be on to work. And your feedback will be full of, "DigiClock didn't go off this morning!"

People late for work or school don't give the best reviews...

- Craig
  5.    #65  
    cool thanks
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Great update DK. Thanks!!!
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Just installed.. but I see no place to set/change any options??? Just see the Clock in green in landscape?

Any ideas?

(ya tapped top left of screen, nothing)
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    This app has worked fine for me the past few days but now won't save alarm times and instead reverts to the current time. When I exit the alarm set screen to the main screen the alarm goes off immediately.
    OK, this is odd???

I could NOT access the settings at ALL!

I had to delete the app, re download/install

NOW when I tap the little gear thingie I get to the settings. I KNOW I tried that before.. but it just did NOTHING

Also, I see it time in Landscape, but cannot get it to slide to Portrait, and there is no setting for that??

Am I missing something??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damarble View Post
    This app has worked fine for me the past few days but now won't save alarm times and instead reverts to the current time. When I exit the alarm set screen to the main screen the alarm goes off immediately.

Ditto...I can't use the alarm at all because as soon as I exit the settings screen, the alarm goes off immediately. Anybody know why??
    DK,

Any updates coming?

- Craig
    for the love of god, could you pretty pretty please center the clock a little bit better? for some reason, the difference between the first digit and the top of the phone vs. the last digit and the bottom phone is driving me crazy.

sorry.
    Love the app!!

I have a problem with the Alarm - I'll set it for six am, when I exit the menu (I use the back gesture - hope this is right) the alarm just goes off for the current time...

Help please.
  14.    #74  
    I will work on the alarm fix soon but I have other priorities. Will look at as soon as I can
    App stopped working today. Says the beta has expired. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Anybody else have the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    App stopped working today. Says the beta has expired. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Anybody else have the same problem?
    Yes the app on my pre quit working also. Says trial or beta or some such thing is over and need to install full version. Wondering where to get an update myself. Do we have to wait for it to hit the app catalog?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Yes the app on my pre quit working also. Says trial or beta or some such thing is over and need to install full version. Wondering where to get an update myself. Do we have to wait for it to hit the app catalog?
    This^
    same thing happened to me beta is over uninstalled then tried to install it again and same thing beta ended. Been using this since it was introduced to the instinct

Fred
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    WOW, I was just about to post that it wasn't working when I seec all these. I just downloaded it today, and thought of trying it out since it seemed to be the superior version, but its trial is up?
    Maybe the developer is just upgrading it, or something, and took the wrong tthing down... Oh well, nothing gained, nothing lost. Didn't get to see this app function, so IDK what I missed. Guess I'll need another clock to keep my phone from sleeping... Let's hope the other 1 wrks till this 1 is back up...
    Ooh, me likes... This app rox mah sox
    Thanks App Creators...
    Thanx pre for making an OPEN phone!!!
    This is the best thing one could do 2 a phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    Me also. any word???
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast