Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    LCD displays don't "burn-in".. if they'd packed a micro-plasma into the Pre, then you'd have to worry about it.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Love it!... maybe you can talk to Aonic, the My Tether guy, about how to keep the display on so it doesn't lock and blank back to the default clock/lock screen when on the Touchstone. With it doing that, I'm afraid the functionality is quite minimal.
    I love the clock, but suggest two additions. First, a 24 hour format and second, add seconds. I require both and having it on my Pre would be great.
    Last edited by jalee; 08/12/2009 at 11:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by texagg01 View Post
    It seems to stay open for me. That's why I asked if it was going to burn an image into the screen. By the way, I think the way to keep it on is to turn it horizontally and place it on the Touchstone. Maybe that's why it wasn't working for you??
    I have it in landscape placement but after 3 minutes it still resorts to the default touchstone screen. I think without being able to remove the 3 min screen timeout most people will have problems. That is what makes me wonder why palm included a clock. You already have a clock on every on every screen so why include a clock program unless you will let people show it during a charge on the touchstone... but that turns off after 3 minutes also. By the way thanks to d0lph1nK1ng for the hard work... I like the program and like the idea of being able to use on the touchstone... keep up the work.
    Nice deal but it appears to be be consistent with staying on through the touchstone. Also adding 24hr format would be sweet
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    is there a way for the "icon" to keep updated time instead of the standard 11:27?
    I like this, reminds me of my very first clock. ha
    Like a few of the others, I was wondering if it is possible to get this clock to stay on past the 3 minutes Palm allows? I was reading articles in Wiki and ran across an article titles "Screenlock On When Connected" that describes how to get the option put into the Screen and Lock App, but I really am not that experienced and am I afraid to attempt this.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I have it in landscape placement but after 3 minutes it still resorts to the default touchstone screen. I think without being able to remove the 3 min screen timeout most people will have problems. That is what makes me wonder why palm included a clock. You already have a clock on every on every screen so why include a clock program unless you will let people show it during a charge on the touchstone... but that turns off after 3 minutes also. By the way thanks to d0lph1nK1ng for the hard work... I like the program and like the idea of being able to use on the touchstone... keep up the work.
    Well, it's weird now because it's not staying on for me anymore. But I swear when I left that comment that it was staying on the entire time that it sat on my Touchstone. In fact, I had it there all day, and it never reverted back to the standard lock screen.

The only difference I can think of now is that tonight, I'm in a hotel with no wi-fi. At home I have wi-fi. I don't know how that could affect whether it stays on or not, but that honestly is the only thing that has changed since the last time that I tried using the clock.

Does anyone know if it is possible for that to make a difference?
    Nice
    I'd like to see an app that give us the clocks from android os
    I know you're busy, and this may not be an important app, but I and several others really like this app.

Could you pPlease fix it to stay on when on the touchstone? I know it can be done because the slide show program that was just released does it.

Thank you so much, I love your work and appreciate your efforts.
    Nice work!

To summarize what users are saying...

We like the big font and that you can chose colors and brightness. It is also nice that the date is in the same font as the clock so we chose to make it brighter or dimer as I change the clock.

To summarize the checklist from other users (and me):
    • Add alarm clock and allow the user to select alarm tone from ringtones.
    • Option to make this the default app when on the Touchstone or USB power cord.
    • Give an option for it to stay on when on Touchstone or USB power cord.
    • Option to display more than one time zone.
    One user wants an Android clock but I can not find screenshot of what he is asking for.

Could you include in your Description how to see the menu and the battery life is to press Volume Up or Volume Down?

The circular light is how many clocks show that the alarm is set. Maybe just have a menu button so that is it more obvious how to change settings.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/18/2009 at 09:33 AM.
  14.    #34  
    hey guys, just released a big update of this app. you can uninstall the old version. check the original post for all of the goodies including:

- clock now ALWAYS STAYS ON and screen does not dim
    - added free orientation so time shows on either side in landscape mode
    - added alarm clock feature (sound not customizable yet)
    - added 24-hour time option
    - added blinking colon every second option
    Wow!

You did that in 14 hours.

Thank you. Just amazing progress!

Can't wait until the alarm sound is custimizable. I am going to use Pink Floyd's Time with all of the clocks going off at once.

And this is just one of 9 apps you have done in Homebrew so far!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is possible, but any way to force the volume to 100% for the alarm? Sometimes I like to have the volume low when I go to sleep, but would love for the alarm to force it to max.

Thanks.
    DK,

This morning I used the DigiClock as my alarm clock!

My wife says that it has to have a different alarm sound or it can't come back. I know that is on the list.

Also, it turns out that I really, really like my Snooze button!

When the alarm goes off can you have two buttons: green snooze button and an orange off button like the built-in clock uses. What I am imagining is that when you alarm goes off your screen would be like this:

In the real world people turn their Alarm Clock Off. No one except for one person in Sunnyvale says, "Pardon me, would you Dismiss your alarm clock. Unfortunately he was in charge of the Alarm Off button. (And it would appear the Set snooze time button.)

Real people say, "Turn that Off!"

So could you make the "Dismiss" button say "Alarm Off"?

And on the preferences page, can we set how long the snooze time is? That is one of the most hotly requested missing features on the built-in alarm clock.

As to always being ON, if it is on the charger, just charge or Touch Stone it should stay on until you turn it off. If it is on without the charger, I think the battery may not make it through the night.

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/19/2009 at 09:47 AM.
    Nice job on the updates!
    Great App. I know it's difficult to please everyone, but if you could add an option for seconds (HH:MM:SS) it would be perfect ... for me.
    Thanks,
    Nice work - I really like this app.

Adding a "seconds" display in HH:MM:SS format would probably require a smaller font, which is less desirable. How about moving the little menu icon to the upper-right corner of the display and displaying seconds as a small superscript in its place?

Or maybe putting the seconds display in the upper-right corner?
    Last edited by mx2001; 08/19/2009 at 04:22 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast