Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    im having problems. can someone help me. i had preware and patches on my pre then with all the auto update patch technology i coulnt update any patches or add any with preware or wosqi. so i did a full erase and a doctor and reinstalled wosqi. now when i click the arrow in wosqi to bring up feeds it doesnt do anything at all. it also has an errer now if i try to add patches through wosqi. i can acces the device management in wosqi so i know it sees the phone. i dont know what else to try . ive redone everything 3 times now and it just wont pull up any feeds in wosqi. im going nuts here . please help
    I am having some issues with Preware after the auto-update update (update). I can't load new applications. It sends me to the App Catalog and tells me "That is not a valid WebOS application."

What the hell am I doing wrong? Why do I keep being sent to the App Catalog for everything?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I had to return my pre to Verizon and so I got a replacement. Quickinstall and WebOS doctr are already installed on my PC (XP)

Now when I select a tweak, restart luna, my my phone resets, the wallpaper disappears and many of my applications are gone--pretty much all of the app catalog and preware apps. They re-appear after i pull and reinsert the battery but that aint right!

Also, when I run quick install it always tries to reinstall the 2 patches, The install finished normally, but I get various script error messages
    I open webOSquickinstall or whatever and my phone is not there? Help please
    Hey! I'm trying to install a theme on my Pre. When I save the theme on my computer, I open WebOS and click Tools, then 'Themer,' and I get a message that reads: "Sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place."
    Any help with this?? Thanks so much!!
    i have the palm pre, im running 64bit, and i am having a problem grtting webosquickinstall on. i really want my tether. i made a donations for the better good, just seem to be having problems
    "im having problems. can someone help me. i had preware and patches on my pre then with all the auto update patch technology i coulnt update any patches or add any with preware or wosqi. so i did a full erase and a doctor and reinstalled wosqi. now when i click the arrow in wosqi to bring up feeds it doesnt do anything at all. it also has an errer now if i try to add patches through wosqi. i can acces the device management in wosqi so i know it sees the phone. i dont know what else to try . ive redone everything 3 times now and it just wont pull up any feeds in wosqi. im going nuts here . please help"

I am having this problem also......anyone know what to do!!!!!
    I found one or two financial apps that I would like to use.. However, I'm wondering if it would be safe to put in my bank acct and cc accts info in the app? Is it not possible if some whoever have the access into the app would have the opportunity to check out some people's information and steal it?
    I have gone through the process without any problems, then when i try to add a thing to my pre and hit install nothing happens... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!! PLEASE HELPP
    yeah dont do that, overall bad idea. There is no reason for them to need that info
    I downloaded File Coaster but it just spins and never shows me what apps are available. It's the latest File Coaster, but then again my WebOS just updated a day ago. Are these two at odds with each other. Is my File Coaster incompatible with the new WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by tnsmartfan View Post
    I downloaded File Coaster but it just spins and never shows me what apps are available. It's the latest File Coaster, but then again my WebOS just updated a day ago. Are these two at odds with each other. Is my File Coaster incompatible with the new WebOS?
    I'd recommend http://install.preware.org/, or wait for a fileCoaster update.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    This is a fantastic thread; I've returned to it time and again.

However, there is one improvement I would suggest (and no, I haven't searched to see if someone already said this) -- please at the very end, after Patches and Themes, include instructions on "How to Back Out of WOSQI and Dev Mode."

Because I do this so infrequently, I always get confused.

Thanks!
    I am a first time user. Everything seemed to go as planned. installed two apps on to pre. but when i try to use them, they hang. filecoaster starts up fine but when i select homebrew apps, it finds the apps but never displays them. it hangs during "parsing apps". and music player hangs with "loading". Any suggestions?
    I believe FileCoaster has had this problem since the 1.4 update a few weeks ago.

How did you install the apps - with Quick Install or PreWare?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craig5545 View Post
    I am a first time user. Everything seemed to go as planned. installed two apps on to pre. but when i try to use them, they hang. filecoaster starts up fine but when i select homebrew apps, it finds the apps but never displays them. it hangs during "parsing apps". and music player hangs with "loading". Any suggestions?
    I've been having the same issue with filecoaster since the webos update, to me its not a big issue since I can use Preware for my apps and patches. I decided to search here for a possible solution to filecoaster. For music player remix, if you have the latest version 0.12.3, loading a new song via USB should solve your problem. Search homebrew apps forum, then musicplayer remix thread for more informed info. Hope this helps.
    Was hoping someone can help with this.

My desktop computer running 64 bit windows 7 doesn't seem to recognize my pre. I can use it fine for USB drive and for media sync, but haven't been able to install homebrew apps via WebOSQuickInstall.
    I've been able to use the WebOSQuickInstall fine on my laptop which is running 32 bit Windows 7.

Novacom/java running fine. However, in the desktop device manager, under USB controllers, the pre shows up as "Unknown Device" with the following error message: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)."

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Appreciate any advice!

Tim
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    All,

Just downloaded the WebOS Quick Installer and wheN I go into the Tweaks section is says that both GNU Patch and LSDIFF are required and asks if I want to install them.

I answer yes, then it goes back to the first interface screen.

When I go into Device Management, I see that LSDiff is installed.

The problem here is when I go back into Tweaks again, it continues to say that GNU Patch and LSDiff are still needed and do I want to install them. I answer yes, and it just takes me back to the main screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
    I am having the same problem. I can not seem to get the GNU patch installed. Did you find a solution?
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast