Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Whenever I attempt to access filecoaster, I am able to see the number of apps but the little spinning circle never leaves the screen and I am unable to access the list of apps. Should I have removed this from my phone before I dl the last update? I miss filecoaster
    I can't install themes - I downloaded the Quick Install and the webOS doctor and everything, and when I download themes off the site my computer doesn't recognize them as .zip files. The Themer tool can't connect with any of the themes and I have no idea why. Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by JosieanneB View Post
    Whenever I attempt to access filecoaster, I am able to see the number of apps but the little spinning circle never leaves the screen and I am unable to access the list of apps. Should I have removed this from my phone before I dl the last update? I miss filecoaster
    You can either update to the latest version of fileCoaster (you'll need to use some other installer, like Preware, to do that) ...

... or just http://install.preware.org/

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have a question about patches. I had a few installed but today uninstalled them all following the instructions given here. I wanted to get rid of them before 1.3.5 hit my phone and caused issues. One of the patches I installed was the full date on the top bar (mm/dd/yy). Now when my phone is locked I still see the full date but when unlocked it just shows the time.

Is it always like this on a stock Pre or did this patch not uninstall correctly? According to WebOS Quick Install all the patches on my phone are gone but I just wanted to make sure.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    My 1.3.5 update was downloaded and I had read that I needed to remove the theme before an update but now that I read more carefully it seems I need to remove all the patches.

I removed the preware and reinstalled but when I apply the same patches again, it fails because it acts like it is already installed. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks,
    Tom Byrne
    my preware just shows that "typeerror canot read property 'length' of undefined. tried reinstalling again and a whole new pre but same problem...... any sugestions????
    can't install homebrew Apps using FileCoaster v1.1.6, is there an update on filecoaster?
    with the advent of Palm letting Apps being accessible from websites, including homebrew, do i still need to install Preware/filecoaster if i want to enjoy homebrew apps on my Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by jluly View Post
    with the advent of Palm letting Apps being accessible from websites, including homebrew, do i still need to install Preware/filecoaster if i want to enjoy homebrew apps on my Pre?
    There are a significant number of homebrew apps that do not meet the self-certification requirements for the Palm webchannel.

Preware is not going away. In fact, Preware is going to include all the apps from the official Palm app catalog soon.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    In fact, Preware is going to include all the apps from the official Palm app catalog soon.
    does this include also apps that are available in certain regions, like ClassicApps?
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Captitano View Post
    Hello,

does this include also apps that are available in certain regions, like ClassicApps?
    Preware should be able to display such apps. Whether the app catalog client allows you to download and install them is another matter.

-- Rod
    Hello, just my first post here. I'm interested in things such the virtual keyboard, but don't know if i can install it on my Palm pre. I'm a Spanish user using Movistar Palm pre. On the instructions, it says that i have to select sprint if my provider is not listed. Will that work for my pre, or can it cause some brick or non working pre?. Also, using webos doctor leaves the palm pre without a trace of preware and patches?.
    And pardon my ignorance, but one more question: preware is the same as webos quick install, being the first completely pc-less?.
    Thanks in advance and sorry if my english is not much good!!!
    Can anyone tell me if WebOS 1.3.5.1 works with Preware ? It will not run on my Pre. It use to run before I updated WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleepalm View Post
    Can anyone tell me if WebOS 1.3.5.1 works with Preware ? It will not run on my Pre. It use to run before I updated WebOS.
    You should have updated to the lastest version of Preware (0.9.12) and Package Manager Service (0.9.29) before upgrading.

Now you need to use WebOS Quick Install 2.96 to reinstall.

http://install.preware.org/

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is there a potential for a preference setting in Preware that can filter out the paid apps in the Palm catalogue?

AS a Canadian (and I'm sure Europeans would like it too) I can't buy paid apps so having them there just ****es me off (not at you).
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by loftwyr View Post
    Is there a potential for a preference setting in Preware that can filter out the paid apps in the Palm catalogue?

AS a Canadian (and I'm sure Europeans would like it too) I can't buy paid apps so having them there just ****es me off (not at you).
    Just use the Manage Feeds menu item to disable any feeds you chooae.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I don't want to remove the catalogue, just the apps with more than $0 cost. I'd like to use preware to browse the free catalogue.
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by loftwyr View Post
    I don't want to remove the catalogue, just the apps with more than $0 cost. I'd like to use preware to browse the free catalogue.
    It's a popular request it seems - we'll try and add it to the next version.

-- Rod
    Hi y'all, I just got my pre plus and am disheartened that primary things I need are not there. I still want to keep it but am nervous about downloading stuff that are home brews. Are people generally impressed by these or are they mostly problems? So far, I see lots of issues. Advise, please!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tvbonnie View Post
    Hi y'all, I just got my pre plus and am disheartened that primary things I need are not there. I still want to keep it but am nervous about downloading stuff that are home brews. Are people generally impressed by these or are they mostly problems? So far, I see lots of issues. Advise, please!
    Don't be afraid! Just follow the instruction on these forum pages. Homebrews are easy to install and usually don't have any issues. I've had patches and tweaks on my Pre for the last 4 months or so. I too was afraid. Then I bit the bullet and hooked my Pre to my computer and started with WebOS Quick Install v2.96. I've had maybe 2 issues since then and the answers were found on a forum page.

Remember this phone has been out since last June. These folks have had plenty of time to work the kinks out. I recommend you get WebOS Quick Install v2.96 and then install Preware.

Homebrews make a really good phone into a really great PRE!!
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast