Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalberto View Post
    I was wondering if anyone that updated PreWare to the latest version has seeing a very annoying issue like I have. Every time I slide my phone down...it shuts down. Anyone got any solutions?

Thanks.
    We have seen no reports of such problems with Preware, and I cannot think of a possible way that Preware could shut down your phone.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am having a problem loading applications from the homebrew list... updated to 1.3.1... why does it taking so long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    I had the same problem but corrected it. The most likely reason is that the novacom drivers have not installed properly. You have to repair or reinstall the drivers so that the webosquickinstall apps can find your Pre to install the apps. What OS are you using on your computer? I use Vista 32 bit but the instructions below in the following thread will work for both 32/64 Bit Vista fyi:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html
    I have Windows 7 on my computer and WinZip but can't find the files to Extract to Edit with Orca, please help. What am I doing wrong?
    Unfortunately I think I did everything on the list and yet nothing installs.
    My pc downloads lists:
    WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    com.palm_net_precoder.fcoaster_1.1.6all.ipk

I open WebOS Quick Install

drag the app com.palm_net _.precoder.fcoaster...nto the files to install box
    plug the pre into the usb port select just charge
    click on install
    it turns from white to grey
    nothing else happens

what do I do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by thesseltine View Post
    I have Windows 7 on my computer and WinZip but can't find the files to Extract to Edit with Orca, please help. What am I doing wrong?
    Update - I have now find the files that need to be Edited with Orca. I follow the instructions but then WinZip asks me to update and I click on update changes and nothing happens. I have waited over a half hour and WinZip doesn't respond to the changes. Can someone please help?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by afleig View Post
    Unfortunately I think I did everything on the list and yet nothing installs.
    My pc downloads lists:
    WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    com.palm_net_precoder.fcoaster_1.1.6all.ipk

I open WebOS Quick Install

drag the app com.palm_net _.precoder.fcoaster...nto the files to install box
    plug the pre into the usb port select just charge
    click on install
    it turns from white to grey
    nothing else happens

what do I do now?
    http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by deathpalm View Post
    I'm having a problem installing home brew on my pre. I'm using a macbook pro, I've dl doctor, quickinstall, filecoster, and novacom all are in the same folder. i put the pre in dev mode and have checked that java is up to date, but when i try and run quickinstall it will open for a second and then it closes. any help would be welcome thanks.
    I think you need to have Snow Leopard installed - Java 6 only comes through as an update to OSX 10.5. I don't know if there is a way to install Java 6 on 10.4 or lower. Looks like I'll be buying Snow Leopard this weekend!
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    after automated (not invoked... ) upgrade to webOS 1.3.1 (german) I tried to reinstall preware. It was failing since the last update, saying that the package manager is not running. Reinstalling did not help, so I tried it again with the new webOS version, but it is still not working. I tried v.0.94, 0.95 and 0.9.11, reinstalled org.webosinternals.ipkgservice_0.9.20_all.ipk using WOSQI, too, but it's still the same. Any ideas?
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    The latest version is
    0.9.12 - why are you trying to install older versions which do not have the bugs fixed?

-- Rod
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The latest version is
    0.9.12 - why are you trying to install older versions which do not have the bugs fixed?
    I dl'ed it some days ago. Now I got the newest, and it works.
    Thx.
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    hello i just recently updated to webos 1.3.1 & and know when i try to access some of the homebrew items that i have on there they dont seem to show up ex; virtual keyboard, close the phone to hang up and some other stuff as well. my question is how can i put the homebrew items back on cause when i do try it it tells me to uninstall & when i try to uninstall it tells me ipk error
    I INSTALLED PACKAGE MANAGER SERVICE AS IN THE TUTORIAL AND THEN DID THE SAME THING WITH PREWARE. NOW WHEN I GO TO LAUNCH PREWARE IT SAYS THIS "The Package manager service is not running. Did you remeber to install it? if you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launching preware until you have a stable network connection available. Which i did all of this. and I have a stable network connection so i dont get this.
    where can i download the patch to remove the app limit??
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quick update to my issue. It seemed like it was removing my patches just fine, however now after I updated and I try to install a patch that was previously there, it errors out saying it already exists even though it doesn't show up as patched. I've tried to repair everything, but at this point I'm going to wipe the whole thing clean and start over. My bad for not removing all patches before the 1.3.1 upgrade I guess. Lesson learned!
    hi, i'm not sure why there are 0 "known issues" listed. most of the time when i start WebOSQuickInstallApp, and click to install, it says there is no device found, then freezes up and i have to do a "Force Quit" to get it to quit and start again. once, when i attempted to use the Themer part, it seemed to do something, but then said my device was not connected, which it was....
    i'm confused because i have done the following:
    correct Java (and in correct order of preference on my Mac)
    phone in Developer Mode
    plugged in and "Just Charge" clicked
    both WebOSQuickInstallApp and WebOSDoctor are on my computer

i have successfully done this in the past, and have gotten the Homebrew apps onto my phone, but i have replaced my Pre twice now.... with the first one it was easiest, with #2, it worked after re-booting my computer, and now with Pre #3, i can't find what step i am missing and can't install my Homebrew apps as i did in the past... i have never figured out how to install a Theme, but would like to.

any suggestions for a step i can take to get this to happen?
    thanks!
    -zb
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I just want to say I installed homebrew and preware today and the directions were great. So far, so good, I don't want to jinx it, but you guys deserve a favorable shoutout.
    Ok, as many of you Ive been banging my head trying to get the new version of filecoaster and preware and had the same problem of device not found. I am running windows Vista 64bit and built this pc. as strange as it seems i finally tried a new usb port even though the one i was using was working as far as charging my pre. when I tried a new USB port, everything downloaded fine. Go Figure.
    i've been trying to install the webOS install but I keep getting an error saying file corrupted. I'm using Windows 7 if that makes a difference. I'm new to homebrew so please help me out!!
    Thanks in advance!!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    my question is do some of these homebrew apps have problems working on pixi?? I reallly want to use the VLC app.
    I followed all of the instructions to install webos and preware. However, the screens on my Pre don't look the same as the webpages. I looked for the ipkg icon and it wasn't there. I am trying to download the led notification patch but cant find it
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast