Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I really hope this is in the right place, I really want to get some tweaks on my Pre phone especially text message forwarding.

I've finally got the WebOS Quick Install installed after 3 attemps and too many hours only to get disappointed once again I'm now getting this error message "ERROR: Unable to Process to /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/....." then says "diffib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chunk: the chunk content doesn't match the target"

Can some one PLEASE HELP ME! I'm dying to get a fix to forward a text message. I have windows XP, I think 64bit.
    I installed this per the instructions just fine but it wont let me download anything keeps saying "failed: Not enough install.......".

I have over 2 gigs free and even deleted 3-4 apps I already had but still can't do anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    After uninstalling, redownloading and reinstalling webosquickinstall, it finally worked.
    Last edited by gomezsrl; 10/27/2009 at 09:12 PM.
    I deleted filecoaster, removed all the tweaks, reinstalled the tweaks and manually installed Preware instead of filecoaster and now everything is working "so far".
    i am trying to install an app on my pre but the webos installer does not see my pre and keeps rejecting the connection. anyone have any tips or went thru the same situation?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Try uninstalling webosquickinstall on the pc. Reboot both phone and pc. Redownload and reinstalll webosquickinstall and reboot both devices again. After four hours yesterday, that's what worked for me. Now everything is working fine.
    Hi,
    I installed several patches using fileCoaster and most of them are working fine. In case of updating WebOS to a newer version I was advised to remove all patches first. But I lost the overview of all installed patches, and some (most?) of the installed patches are not shown in the list filecoaster presents after they are installed. How can I find out which patches are installed, and how can I remove them?

TIA.
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Download and install Preware. It will give you the list of what's installed and the option to remove each. I'm not sure if it will show you patches installed with filecoaster.
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by gomezsrl View Post
    Download and install Preware. It will give you the list of what's installed and the option to remove each. I'm not sure if it will show you patches installed with filecoaster.
    sorry, Preware was what I meant. The installed patches disappeared from the list. To be exactly: not really all of them, some are displayed with a green arrow. Is there a method to list all installed patches that I haven't discovered yet?
    Alex
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    If you go to Preware ant go to installed packages and then to patches, it should show you a list of what you've installed. If you click on any of the installed patches you should get an option to remove.
    it won't let me download anythin....
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    What won't let you download anything?
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by gomezsrl View Post
    If you go to Preware ant go to installed packages and then to patches, it should show you a list of what you've installed.
    got it, thanks. I must have missed it.
    Alex
    I have 2 questions. I apologize if they have been posed already, but my searches haven't turned up what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for your help/

1.) Can I set my Pre up for installation of Homebrew apps running Ubuntu 9.04? If so, is there a guide for this, or will I have to adapt the Windows instructions? (Sorry, that's a 2-parter.)

2.) If I install Homebrew apps, will this void my warranty or my Sprint insurance? Say my Pre goes "Oreo effect" on me. Will installing Homebrew apps keep me from getting a new Pre?

Once again, thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I have 2 questions. I apologize if they have been posed already, but my searches haven't turned up what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for your help/

1.) Can I set my Pre up for installation of Homebrew apps running Ubuntu 9.04? If so, is there a guide for this, or will I have to adapt the Windows instructions? (Sorry, that's a 2-parter.)

2.) If I install Homebrew apps, will this void my warranty or my Sprint insurance? Say my Pre goes "Oreo effect" on me. Will installing Homebrew apps keep me from getting a new Pre?

Once again, thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.
    I am not a linux expert, but yes you should be able to run Webos QI from Ubuntu I THINK. You should check out the thread for that program.

As for #2, no it should not have any impact on your warranty or insurance. Other users here have been able to have theirs replaced with homebrew installed. You should be able to uninstall anything before taking it back. If you can't because it is malfunctioning, then they won't ever see the homebrew any how.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Thanks a lot, SirWill!
    i followed each step to install homebrew, when it came time to connect pre to computer, said device not found. i hit ok and then a window popped up say its trying to connect to device? it wont connect and its been runing all night. i unplugged and it wont go away. i even tried doing the whole setup on another computer. same problem?
    I am in the process of doing the same thing. I have reinstalled webos twice, rebooted, tried my phoned in just charge, usb, and sych. It will not connect either.
    Will the Homebrew apps re-install if I lose my phone and have to get a new Pre, and log in with my profile?
    Never mind I found out the answer. It's NO
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast