Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    LOL@Darth Pooh's avatar and second line
    azinboi32,

did you get this problem resovled? I'm having same issue with win32 vista. tried everything on this board with no luck yet. any suggstions?

thanks.
    Did you guys forget to put the Pre in Developer mode?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Yup. for sure.
    Same problem. I've done all that's been suggested. Re-booted, re-installed, toggled in and out of developer mode to now avail. Still get the NO DEVICE FOUND message...
    HELP
    I'm using windows XP
    Did you install the Novacom driver?
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i could not open web os
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i did everything u said
    When the new software update comes out next week will it wipe out any homebrew apps on my Pre!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    is there anyone in the lesueur/mankato minnesota area that can help me with the web os that i can download it from there computer because i cant get it on mine thanks email keechracing19@msn.com
    hello, i'm from germany.
    can anyone tell me how to install homebrew apps an a german version of the palm pre?
    because when i download the webOs quickinstall, it ask me which version of webOsdoctor i want to download. there are only two options to select, bell or sprint.
    but my provider is o2. maybe anyone can tell me if there is going to be an option to select o2 as provider in the selection-menu?
    the frist pre i put preware on worked great, the second one not so great. I keep getting a message that says "The package manager service is not running" aaahhhh! or preware will load and everything is grayed out, and yes i installed the package manager service first. Can anyone help?
    thanks so much for all the work to spell out the steps so even a non-computer techie person such as myself can make it work. I have a question that I haven't seen addressed here, though. We have two Pres in the house and use the same desktop computer. So far I've only made tweaks and installed software on my own Pre. if we plug in the second pre, do we have to uncheck the various tweaks that I put on mine first? If I do uncheck the tweaks that I installed and want to reattach my pre to WebOS Quick Install in the future, do I need to recheck the tweaks on my unit first? Thanks for any advice you can offer. Apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered; I searched but didn't find a mention. --dW
    I can't figure out the best place to put this, but I figure it didn't warrant a whole new thread... so here goes:

All these apps are relatively new, and many are beta versions. When an app updates, how is that handled? Can WebOS Quick Install or the Homebrew catalog auto-update the apps for me, or what do I have to do. I see some apps I want to download, but they get updated pretty frequently and I kinda don't want to manually delete and re-add newer versions of the apps. I'd download (or make, if I knew programming) a homebrew auto-updater like the built in webOS update thing to search for installed homebrews and patch them automatically. But does something like that exist? I've been looking around but this forum is kinda labyrinthian when it comes to finding answers for these kind of things.

Thanks to all you developers for exploiting the awesomeness of this phone to make it even greater.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Thank you!!!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Is it possible to get Filecoaster and/or PreWare on your Pre over-the-air? I had to reset my Pre and I won't be home for hours, but I want these apps back on my Pre. (but knowing my luck, I bet I'm gonna have to wait.)
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Sorry ,,new to the site...But if you can help me out it would be great. I have the palm pre and I went through the steps on installing homebrew.., Downloaded it , but went to opened it ..Message came back ....java.net.socketexception:Can't connect to SOCKS proxy:Connection refused: connect..What do i need to do ...thanks.
    I have tried it all with no luck. I am stuck on the webdoc screen where it says to connect via usb
    im having a problem with my computer recognizing my pre. because when i click install on the webos install itsays cant recognize, wat do i do??
    tried the install on both vista and XP home machines,have the latest OS update, dowloaded webosquickinstall then webOSdoctor used the webosquiclinstall to download novacom put the pre into developer mode and then tried connect to the device (keep getting) error: no device detected.. have rebooted after the installs have un-installed and re-installed, spent 7 hours and am giving up!
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast