webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > How To: Install Homebrew on your Pre
How To: Install Homebrew on your Pre

Old 08/19/2009, 06:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush42pre View Post
I am having a problem from the start... I tried downloading the WebOs doctor and trying to run it, When it prompts me to Connect my pre to my computer, when I do so, Nothing at all happens... What am i doing wrong or whats wrong?
Don't run WebOSDoctor, run WebOS Quick Install
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2009, 10:28 AM   #22 (permalink)

Has anyone had any luck on installing homebrew apps in ubuntu? If so how did you do it?
grinnanjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2009, 09:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

hey we need a app like the one on the iphon where you can hold your phone to music and your phone will tell you who it is.
Logan_zugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2009, 08:22 PM   #24 (permalink)

did anyone help you with this problem? same thing is happening to me.
mbw1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2009, 04:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

I was having the same problem. reboot the computer once webos doctor is installed. The error message "cant locate device " should be gone and you should be able to install the apps.
primo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2009, 09:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

I have downloaded homebrew apps since they came out thru my computer, about a week ago i downloaded filecoaster and have been getting homebrew apps with it. Today after tapping the "tap to download" button i got "install failed:not enough install space" i currently have 45 homebrew's and 5 apps from palm catalog i checked my memory and i have 6.6gb available so i dont see whats the problem. Have i reached my capacity for apps on my pre??? Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you
BINNY42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2009, 12:13 AM   #27 (permalink)

thank you for the instructions. this will definitely enhance my pre
eddictive#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2009, 11:48 AM   #28 (permalink)

Hello, I have tried to install the WebOS Quick Install so I can get the Homebrew Apps. I am having a hard time. I am able to download the WebOS Quick Install & connect my phone & it completes but then I try to download filecoaster & it keeps saying that the fille is corrupt. I really need some help because I don't want to miss out on all these apps. I am not very good with the computer so any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED
mbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2009, 06:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINNY42 View Post
I have downloaded homebrew apps since they came out thru my computer, about a week ago i downloaded filecoaster and have been getting homebrew apps with it. Today after tapping the "tap to download" button i got "install failed:not enough install space" i currently have 45 homebrew's and 5 apps from palm catalog i checked my memory and i have 6.6gb available so i dont see whats the problem. Have i reached my capacity for apps on my pre??? Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you
Try using Preware to install them instead. It does not have that limit.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2009, 06:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrain View Post
Hello, I have tried to install the WebOS Quick Install so I can get the Homebrew Apps. I am having a hard time. I am able to download the WebOS Quick Install & connect my phone & it completes but then I try to download filecoaster & it keeps saying that the fille is corrupt. I really need some help because I don't want to miss out on all these apps. I am not very good with the computer so any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED
Please use the existing comprehensive WebOS Quick Install thread to get help.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2009, 02:31 PM   #31 (permalink)

Success!!! Downloading preware fixed my problem with homebrew apps. I now can download as many as i want. But now im having the same problem on the palm catalog i tap the "download" button and i get "sorry, not enough memory".."please delete an application you have installed to make room"...is there a work around this, also why im i getting this message when i have 6.6gb available memory. Thanks for the help rod
BINNY42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2009, 07:19 PM   #32 (permalink)

Hi,

I don't yet have a Pre but I'm just itching to get one..It'll be awhile as I live in a country that only has a GSM network provider (GSM unlocked when?!?!) . I've installed the emulator and have a feel of it and so far I love it! Loads of shortcomings but great nonetheless..really excited (starting to get impatient) about future updates to fill in the gaps (no text msg forwarding?!? so basic!!)

Can someone point me in the direction of a How-to for installing homebrew apps on the emulator?

Thanks..
ollielim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2009, 12:28 AM   #33 (permalink)

everytime i hit install it says no device found,and yes i have my phone usb and cpu all connected, but it keeps saying the same thing
rizzoskaemortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2009, 12:39 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINNY42 View Post
i checked my memory and i have 6.6gb available so i dont see whats the problem. Have i reached my capacity for apps on my pre??? Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you
The Pre has more than one partition and you really can't see the other partition.

That's were the apps go. And everyone is asking Palm to expand that partition to allow for more apps.

So just because your phone says it has 6.6gb available it's not tell you what the size is of the partition that contains all the apps.

That partition also contains the guts of the Pre, that's why in most cases you can't see it.

Just go through your apps and look at the size of each one. There is probably one or two that are hogs. Try deleting the hogs.

You'd be surprised how the same type of app developed by two different people can have a totally different sized app.

I had downloaded the Subway map are just noticed it was a pig, but I like it and will keep it until I really need the space.

Rob
Version 1.4.1.1
Sprint Configuration 2.3
Model: P100EWW
Hardware Version: A
Firmware: CC1.4(510)

rlanza1054 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2009, 09:56 AM   #35 (permalink)

hello guys im new here ,i had the palm pre for about 2 months now and i love it but the problem is the apps,i just found out about these homebrew apps and have been reading and learning about it,but i have a few q' and hoping somebody can help me
how safe is for my phone to download all this apps?
how safe is for ME??? like if i download this homebrew apps to my phone is there anyway the programers''or ''hackers'' can check or read or get all personal information( i apologize if it sounds like a stupid question)
Chiko_proteina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2009, 07:42 PM   #36 (permalink)

Hi. I want to thank you for this great program. I do have a few questions please. How is web os different than file coaster or is this the same thing? Also how do I run web os doctor if I need to? I am little confused about his and the novacom stuff mentioned in the instructions. I do not understand what nova com is. Most importantly, do I need to uninstall all the apps I have installed with web os before I download an update to the web os operating system using my pre? Please respond by e-mail to sirberk@pacbell.net. I have a hard time finding responses to my question in the forums. Thank you again for all your time and effort on this.
sirberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2009, 06:47 PM   #37 (permalink)

Hello:
I have installed the webosquickinstall on my windows xp computer, but when I try to send the ap to the pre the error message says device not found. Could someone please give me some advice on how to fix this problem.
Thanks
Jane
jyuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2009, 04:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

it worked but i had to swap my phone for another now i have to download it again but it tells me there is an error and no device found i hit ok then it says connecting to device but how long do i wait
rocman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2009, 02:58 PM   #39 (permalink)

I keep trying to use the webosquickinstall. When it wants me to select for the webdoctor I select Sprint and then it gives me an error. What do I do now?
brandt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2009, 01:10 PM   #40 (permalink)

i think it would be a good idea if we had a sticky thread for members to make requests for apps. this would be very helpful to the developers, as they would have an instant well of ideas and an indication for the demand of the apps before they invest the time.

it also would be great for the members as they would know exactly where to go to make a request. not to mention great for the board as it would keep posts and threads organized

Pardon if this is somewhere, but i searched and did not find this area.
fiera4973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0