webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > How To: Install Homebrew on your Pre
How To: Install Homebrew on your Pre

Old 05/08/2011, 08:23 PM   #301 (permalink)

I'm running a meta-doctored version of 2.1 on a Pre-. Everything runs satisfactorily with a handful of quirks, but the most confusing of them concerns Preware. I can install it through webOS Quick Install just fine, but after a reboot the app's icon goes grey with an empty "downloading" circle in its top left corner. As you might guess, it never fills up nor launches until I erase and reinstall it with WQI. Any way I can diagnose why this happens?
derwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 04:30 PM   #302 (permalink)

Can't see Preware or Govnah in Quick Install for the pre3/Manta Ray Linux. Is that because Prewareand Govnah don't support the Pre3, or have I made a mistake?
TwistedByKnaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 07:55 AM   #303 (permalink)

I know I'm coming at it late in the game, but... I'm trying to install Preware. I have an original Sprint Pre, Windows XP desktop. Java is current. Novacom is running and shows in the listing of services as well as Task Manager. Pre is in developer mode. Pre is connected and set to Just Charge. When I run WebOSQuickInstall 4.4.0, I get "There are no devices currently connected..." I have tried two different cables and four different USB ports. No joy.

Any suggestions? Any workarounds? If I could get the desktop completely out of the equation, that would be nice. Or if I can use the desktop to put something into the USB drive side of the Pre and then install it from there, that could work. But getting Novacom/WOSQI to recognize the Pre is distinctly NOT working, and hasn't been for several hours now.
WDMAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 08:02 AM   #304 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Do you have the correct Doctor in the same folder with WOSQI???

Also necessary if you use the Preware Standalone Installer: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 08:18 PM   #305 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Do you have the correct Doctor in the same folder with WOSQI???

Also necessary if you use the Preware Standalone Installer: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
Thanks for the response.

I don't have any Doctor in that folder or elsewhere. The instructions I was looking at didn't mention the Doctor (at least not up to the point where it failed). Would the presence of the Doctor impact whether or not Novacom sees the Pre? That seems counter-intuitive to me, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. I'll give it a shot, maybe over the weekend.
WDMAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2012, 10:27 PM   #306 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDMAsh View Post
Thanks for the response.

I don't have any Doctor in that folder or elsewhere. The instructions I was looking at didn't mention the Doctor (at least not up to the point where it failed). Would the presence of the Doctor impact whether or not Novacom sees the Pre? That seems counter-intuitive to me, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. I'll give it a shot, maybe over the weekend.
OK I seem to remember that the correct Doctor in the same folder was a prerequisite to running WOSQI, but another look at the Wiki says no you do not need the Doc...

So... Dev Mode + reboot is required for Veer. Mandatory as I have discovered. It might be worth a try even though it supposedly is not needed for Sprint Pre.... Or try and get an older version of WOSQI???

Having the Doctor wouldn't hurt would it?

Or just try the Standalone Preware installer: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0