Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    I follow the instructions on the pages/videos and am doing everything correctly but after downloading the icon does not appear i am getting the message that preware is requesting to use postinst script/?

any help? and im not the most tech savy person in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by sindell32 View Post
    I follow the instructions on the pages/videos and am doing everything correctly but after downloading the icon does not appear i am getting the message that preware is requesting to use postinst script/?

any help? and im not the most tech savy person in the world
    Read install.preware.org for correct preware install instructions.

Pip
    Help! My daughter got ahold of my pre, and when I took it from her it was in the middle of a restart, I don't know if it was a Luna or a regular restart. When it started up again, my preware icon was missing. I have tried to reinstall it with WebOS quick install, but just get: connection refused and no device found, whether I'm in USB mode or not. (when I first installed it, I believed it was in USB mode and developer mode, but the instructions don't specify so now). I'm not sure what to do now and I'm not really a technical person to figure it out on my own. I thought about doing web doctor but thought I'd check here first. Also, all my patches are still currently working if that makes any difference. Any help on this would be helpful, I'd love control over my patches and apps again!

Thanks,
    Christina
    Quote Originally Posted by christina13marie View Post
    Help! My daughter got ahold of my pre, and when I took it from her it was in the middle of a restart, I don't know if it was a Luna or a regular restart. When it started up again, my preware icon was missing. I have tried to reinstall it with WebOS quick install, but just get: connection refused and no device found, whether I'm in USB mode or not. (when I first installed it, I believed it was in USB mode and developer mode, but the instructions don't specify so now). I'm not sure what to do now and I'm not really a technical person to figure it out on my own. I thought about doing web doctor but thought I'd check here first. Also, all my patches are still currently working if that makes any difference. Any help on this would be helpful, I'd love control over my patches and apps again!

Thanks,
    Christina
    You should verify your Pre is in developer mode. See the instructions on how to do this here: Getting started - WebOS Internals
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Thanks for the response, I did switch to dev mode, and I also updated Java (version 6), quickinstaller (think it was the same version though), and reinstalled novacomd, I'm connected, in dev mode and not in USB mode, but I still get 'no device found.' Any ideas?

thanks!
    christina
    I got it! I think my problem was that I had webosquickinstaller up and running before I had the pre in developer mode (though it was already connected to my netbook). When I closed everything out and started all over again with step 1 (dev mode), then quickinstaller, it installed fine. Thanks for your help!

Christina
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ok... it's been awhile since i've used homebrew for my pre and i have a question. after installing everything and plugging my phone back into my computer it doesn't come up with the options of Just Charge, USB Mode, or anything else. it just plugs in and nothing... what's going on?
    It seems like your computer doesn't recognize that your phone is connected to it. Try using a different usb port on your PC.
    Ps. Do you see a charging symbol at the bottom, if so.. tap on it and see what happen.
    cheers~
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    that's the thing though. before i installed anything my computer recognized it... but then afterwards it didn't. and i've tried different usb ports. nothing. it shows that it's charging though but i don't think it is. only happens on the computer though... if i just plug it in the wall charger it shows that it's charging.
    Do you have the patch "Just charge only" that would bypass the pop-up option of just charge and usb mode. However, you mention that it only happen when connected to a PC or Your PC. Run a webos repair utility and see if that could fix that issue: http://discussion.treocentral.com/ca...ty-v2-1-a.html.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I got it taken care of. I just restarted my computer and now it works. haha.
    I try several alternatives, and my WebOS Quick Install does not work, when installing the application I get an error:
    ERROR: an error occurs while Attempting to run / tmp / ipkgScript.sh,
    what is this?, and what happens and what can I do?
    I try several alternatives, and my WebOS Quick Install does not work, when installing the application I get an error:
    ERROR: an error occurs while Attempting to run / tmp / ipkgScript.sh,
    what is this?, and what happens and what can I do?
    When running WebOS Quick Install...
    I cannot get my computer to run novacomd to recognize my phone. Yes, I have installed the newest Java, tried restarting it, put the phone in developer mode, downloaded and followed the help guide, and repeated the process multiple times. I get the same error each time on a black screen similar to the old MSDos: "service stopped" and sometimes it precedes this with "Waiting for Service to Stop" - What do I do?
    Last edited by david.fromke; 09/22/2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: I forgot to add
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I did a search and couldnt find the answer.

Can homebrew be used on 1 computer for 2 phones? My wife currently has the Pixi and I will be getting the pre come Nov. 1. It would be great if I can install apps on both phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by delacro View Post
    I did a search and couldnt find the answer.

Can homebrew be used on 1 computer for 2 phones? My wife currently has the Pixi and I will be getting the pre come Nov. 1. It would be great if I can install apps on both phones.
    If you use Preware, the operation on the 2 phones is independent.

BTW: rwhitby now has a Hombrew documention program in the App Catalog. (thread here -http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...ation-phd.html)
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    cant get quick install to recog palm pre
    i can't seem to find the link for the WebOS Quick Instarll v3.14
    i have quick install, but it wont open.....help PLEASE!!!!!