Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not true since 3.14, it will get to the apps section w/out the phone being recognized or even plugged in.
    I stand corrected. I have not had a "phone not detected" issue in a very long time.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    jossanaijr:
    Which version of Windows are you running (sorry if you stated this already, I didn't go searching cuz I'm on my Pre)?
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I stand corrected. I have not had a "phone not detected" issue in a very long time.
    Change Log for 3.14:

Change Log
    v3.14 - June 6, 2010
    - Now checks if Palm-scripts and ipkg scripts are different
    - Ipkg Feed Viewer no longer requires a device to be connected
    - Supports gzipped feeds for much faster feed loading
    - Fixed PreThemer feed url in themer section
    - Robustified feed parsing
    - New version of checking if files exist
    - Updated webOSDoctor downloader urls
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    jossanaijr:
    Which version of Windows are you running (sorry if you stated this already, I didn't go searching cuz I'm on my Pre)?
    Windows Vista
    32 or 64bit?
    hey guys, iv followed the guides on here and now when i use webos quick install to download preware its not listed in the packages, any ideas?

im probably completely getting this wrong, its been a while since i used webos dr/quick install and a pre for that fact
    Quote Originally Posted by ascottuk View Post
    hey guys, iv followed the guides on here and now when i use webos quick install to download preware its not listed in the packages, any ideas?

im probably completely getting this wrong, its been a while since i used webos dr/quick install and a pre for that fact
    You should follow the proper instructions: this will explain it http://install.preware.org
    i just got a replacement phone and reinstalled preware but i can not get anything to work... every time i try to download a patch it wont work it says

"restart required
    systme adjustments must be made before installation can continue"

then it just restarts and nothing happens.... does anyone know how to fix this!!! i am going crazy without the patches.

please help
    I have tried downloading the webOS quick install several times, and have the updated java, got my phone into developer mode, and downloaded preware but couldn't get woqi to put it on my phone. I think it may not have finished installing woqi properly, because my only internet connection right now is my mobile hotspot.

Any tips or help? I really want preware on my phone to get some homebrew apps, but I for the life of me can't get quick install to work.
    what ever you do don't run the doctor that's only if samething goes wrong it will clear your hole phone
    what does it do when you open it
    homebrew rocks.
    At my wits end. I've followed the instructions to the letter, updated Java, put the phone in dev mode. When I try to install anything, either quick install tries to connect to the device and never does, or the entire program freezes. What am I doing wrong? Running XP 32 btw.
    I own an ATT Palm Pre Plus and accidentally deleted my Preware while trying to update it. I went back to my WebOS Quick Install, but Preware isn't in the list of downloads. I'm not too sure where to go from here, and help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Hello all, and thanks for the great work you do in the Homebrew community!

I have the current WebOS Quickinstall and Doctor on my iMac. My question is if my GF can use this as well or does she have to have a separate Doctor or WebOs Quckinstall to use for her devise.

We both use a Sprint Pre.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Hello all, and thanks for the great work you do in the Homebrew community!

I have the current WebOS Quickinstall and Doctor on my iMac. My question is if my GF can use this as well or does she have to have a separate Doctor or WebOs Quckinstall to use for her devise.

We both use a Sprint Pre.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!
    No if you are rocking the same phone and the same webOS version then you can use the same wosqi and doctor. Just make sure you are both in dev mode.

Pip
    My computer keeps saying invalid or corrupt jar file when i try to open my webos quick install can someone please help me??? Thanks
    Learning alot, thanks!! Palm is an amazing phone. Too bad it is not on enough phone like android for the rest of the world to see.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i cant make it work i tried for hours
    I try to run Preware on my pre and i keep getting the error "The service is not running. First try restarting Preware, or reboot your phone and try again." i have done those multiple times but to no avail i cannot get Preware to work. Do i need to reinstall Preware on my Pre? do i remove Preware on my Pre or with WebOS quick install?