Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 306
  1. #201  
    I keep attempting to use Quick Install but it keeps giving me an error and claiming there is no device. I've unplugged the phone and restarted the program and my computer every which way, I have checked my java and manually (re)installed novacom and verified it is running. I also have the phone in developer mode, plugged in under "Just Charge", and have verified such. So I'm sort of confused as to what I've missed here.
  2. #202  
    no matter what I do it just wont install ive tryed everything it!!! it has done all the dl things it had to but when i click web os quick install it does nothing! i have clicked device manager and it does nothing options and it does nothing what is going on w it???
  3. #203  
    IM HAVING ALL THE SAME PROBLEMS!!! Im completly lost as to what to do know!!!
  4. #204  
    I'm in the same boat: got lost trying to join the homebrew thing and now again navigating the forums etc. to find good instructions is driving me nuts. HELP!
  5. #205  
    Things to check.
    you have the latest download of java installed on your pc?
    you have the latest version of webOS, 1.4.1.1?
    you have the latest version of webosquick install, v3.14 as of today? You have the right webOS doctor file?
    quick install.jar and doctor.jar are in the same folder.
    your device is in developer mode and is plugged in and is on just charge?
    Open quick install, press the blue button or go to options and device management and see what happens?
    If the device is not recognised, navigate to the folder ' palm, inc ' and trying double tapping the novacom file then see if your device is recognised.
    if you are having further issues you can pm and I will try to help as best I can.
  6. #206  
    After a handful of attempts to install Preware, it worked and I was able to install the Music (Remix) player and maybe the iPhone browser mod.

    BUT! Going through the procedures is crashing my PC! I have had a new PC with Windows 7 for about 4 months or so, and I have never had it crash until I started trying to join the Homebrew crowd. Is this common with Windows 7?

    I had stopped trying to install Homebrew/Preware, but came back and read this last post by "pip smith" and decided to try again. I was surprised as the WebOS installer finally seemed to recognize my Pre and, like I said, I was able to install a few things.

    BUT then it started crashing my PC again and I now cannot get the installer to recognize that my Pre is connected--I keep getting the error message that there's no Pre connected etc.

    Any help would be most appreciated as I sure would like to give more of the patches and apps a try! Thanks!
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    After a handful of attempts to install Preware, it worked and I was able to install the Music (Remix) player and maybe the iPhone browser mod.

    BUT! Going through the procedures is crashing my PC! I have had a new PC with Windows 7 for about 4 months or so, and I have never had it crash until I started trying to join the Homebrew crowd. Is this common with Windows 7?

    I had stopped trying to install Homebrew/Preware, but came back and read this last post by "pip smith" and decided to try again. I was surprised as the WebOS installer finally seemed to recognize my Pre and, like I said, I was able to install a few things.

    BUT then it started crashing my PC again and I now cannot get the installer to recognize that my Pre is connected--I keep getting the error message that there's no Pre connected etc.

    Any help would be most appreciated as I sure would like to give more of the patches and apps a try! Thanks!
    Did you manage to install the preware application onto your phone, if so then you wil be able to install patches and apps from that application and will not have to be plugged into your pc.
    Is your windows 7 a 64 bit or 32 bit. If it is a 64bit and you installed 64bit java you might want to try installing 32bit java instead, I think this might work better and stop the crashes if they are due to a java problem.
  8. #208  
    O.K., now we're getting somewhere!! pip smith, you da man!

    Duh! on me for not realizing I could just use Preware from the phone.

    I've installed some browser and calendar tweaks and am looking forward to checking out more tweaks! Cool! I'm excited about my Pre again and my EVO envy is gone for now.

    BUT! (oh, oh, you knew it was coming!): my calendar is sluggish as hell--damn, I knew there was a catch. Moving around is slow in that the events don't show up right away when I move to a different day etc. This makes the NUMBER ONE TWEAK I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE THE PRE CAME OUT--NAMELY, THE ABILITY TO COPY CALENDAR ENTRIES QUICKLY FOR ANOTHER DAY (something I can use daily and really miss from my Treo days)--a bit less exciting because the trade-off is sluggishness. Damn!

    Does anyone know if this is normal or if there's something that can be done to speed up the calendar? Did I just download too many tweaks or something?

    Thanks!
  9. #209  
    Today, I discovered some more post-PreWare and patch installation problems:

    On the way to a conference, I used Sprint Navigation and I could not also use any other programs, including the PHONE! The launch bar did not respond at all and, when I reached the destination, I could not close Navigation until after multiple swipes (and shakes..and swearing...).

    Anyway, there are many other sluggish or non-responsive issues cropping up.

    Does anyone know if there are any particular patches or apps that cause this? Thanks.
  10. #210  
    So I went through all the directions ~ listed for installing the WebOs quick install on the site that led me to the novacomd part is where that WONT load no matter what i do, everytime i try i get an error, also will not find my device despite it being connected, unconnected etc, Ive restarted, started over .. you name it... I'm stuck. I was excited hearing about all of this Homebrew stuff but this is alot of hours im wasting trying to get this to work ..... and for the Preware... goddess I just need some help and I've read pages after pages of articles on here and havent found an answer yet. Yes I have the Web Developer thing ON .. on my phone.
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by Picabo2265 View Post
    So I went through all the directions ~ listed for installing the WebOs quick install on the site that led me to the novacomd part is where that WONT load no matter what i do, everytime i try i get an error, also will not find my device despite it being connected, unconnected etc, Ive restarted, started over .. you name it... I'm stuck. I was excited hearing about all of this Homebrew stuff but this is alot of hours im wasting trying to get this to work ..... and for the Preware... goddess I just need some help and I've read pages after pages of articles on here and havent found an answer yet. Yes I have the Web Developer thing ON .. on my phone.
    What system are you using, windows/linux/mac?
    You might want to check the novocom service is running, check on services on your pc?
    You can also go to the palm, inc folder and try to reinstall the drivers and novacom.
    Also some users have noted that downloading the palm sdk solves some issues.
    You can also use the preware standalone installer, check install.preware.org
  12. #212  
    im using windows
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    What system are you using, windows/linux/mac?
    You might want to check the novocom service is running, check on services on your pc?
    You can also go to the palm, inc folder and try to reinstall the drivers and novacom.
    Also some users have noted that downloading the palm sdk solves some issues.
    You can also use the preware standalone installer, check install.preware.org

    So the standalone preware is where I can just do it all on my phone then w/o this mess on my computer ? My apologies if thats a dumb question but I'm soooo frustrated.... I've lost track of the info that I know lol.
  14. tashas416's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #214  
    hi does anyone know about the top bar patch for system menu today patch? Every time I try to install it it says 1 out of 5 hunks failed. I have uninstalled all other top bar patches I have and the theme..does anyone have a list of what patches/apps it's imcompatible with so I dont have to remove all 80 of them I really want this patch lol. Thanks!
  15. #215  
    Is there a way to email or beam an IPK file to another phone so it can be installed in that phone without a computer ?


    Thank you
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by Picabo2265 View Post
    So the standalone preware is where I can just do it all on my phone then w/o this mess on my computer ? My apologies if thats a dumb question but I'm soooo frustrated.... I've lost track of the info that I know lol.
    I was having a hell of a time trying to install Preware using my Windows 7 computer. After a few hours I finally gave up and just borrowed somebody's Windows XP laptop and I was able to install Preware in less than 15 minutes.

    If that's not the definition of a "workaround", I don't know what is....

  17. #217  
    when is the phone supposed to prompt you to connect to the computer. i set my phone to developer mode and it restarted but i have waited a while and it hasnt told me to connect!!!
  18. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by purtle33 View Post
    when is the phone supposed to prompt you to connect to the computer. i set my phone to developer mode and it restarted but i have waited a while and it hasnt told me to connect!!!
    Um . . . your phone won't tell you to connect. It's a smart phone, but it's not smart enough to figure out why you turned on developer mode. Go ahead and connect it and select "just charge."

    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
  19. #219  
    everybody here helped me a lot, flawlessly installed
  20. #220  
    If you are getting a novacom error on linux bc you do not have the same distro you have to manually download it from Installing the SDK on Linux – Palm Developer Center. They have all the architectures here including 64bit

Posting Permissions