Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Man View Post
    I am having the same problem. I can not seem to get the GNU patch installed. Did you find a solution?
    Unfortunately, no.
    Trying to access QuickInstall Tweaks. I keep getting that message. I click ok, and then nothing happens...

I've tried all the obvious resets, etc.

I had just doctored my phone for the first time, and it required all of my apps to redownload. Themes appears to be disabled. Preware works, but Quick Install doesn't.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/28/2010 at 10:23 PM.
    Hey Tim -- the same thing happened to me with the last update. Quick Install and Web Dr would not recognize my phone, no matter what I tried. The only thing that worked was resetting the phone. After the reset, it recognized just fine. Kind of drastic, but absolutely nothing else worked.
    Hi all, new to the precentral forums... I'm having same issue with GNU Patch and LSdif not installing. I've been reading everything I can find about homebrew apps, patches, themes and have successfully installed QuickInstall and loaded a few HB apps on my phone. I'm now wanting to apply a few patches but am stuck here. Wondering if anyone has had any luck with this short of completely resetting the phone.

I'm using a Verizon Palm Pre Plus with OS 1.4.0. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by springchick View Post
    Hi all, new to the precentral forums... I'm having same issue with GNU Patch and LSdif not installing. I've been reading everything I can find about homebrew apps, patches, themes and have successfully installed QuickInstall and loaded a few HB apps on my phone. I'm now wanting to apply a few patches but am stuck here. Wondering if anyone has had any luck with this short of completely resetting the phone.

I'm using a Verizon Palm Pre Plus with OS 1.4.0. Thanks!
    Use WebOS Quick Install 3.02 or later and follow

-- Rod
    Hey, I just found this thread over at the Treocentral forums -- worked great!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/ca...ch-lsdiff.html
    but Palm has agreed to not hold us "develper/beta testers" liable for bricking the phone. so...... with the exception of the overclock kernal, that explicitly states "may or may not void warranty" (and now that i'm back on with the preware after 1.4.1.1 my phone is back up to super fast speed anyway and i see no reason to OC and risk burning it up) you should be able to get a new phone if you brick it with the mojo tricks.

i told the sprint people that i bricked it with the mojo thing and they gave me a new one no problem and didn't make me use my "oops i dropped it in the toilet" insurance.

no co-pay, no problem, no 'don't do that again or else' warnings.

PS.... i DID print out and Evernote the TOS that came with the first Palm SDK software download and even screen-shot pictured the page from Palms own website that had the free download of the Mojo software just in case they got an evil 'steve jobs' type person who suddenly freaked out and changed the rules. i'm starting to learn the legal game after several un-warranted screwings by big corporations in the last two years and you will not see me crying about them again.......
    see my scatterbrained post here <a href="http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/239194-official-webos-1-4-1-issues-thread-18.html#post2368024/a>

it may help you or at least give you some ideas to try. or some hope?
    this is a repeat of the post i made to springchick below, but i wanted you to be able to find it easily so here it is again. i also went back to a previous version of webos quick install(wosqi) and was able to get the gnu patches there.

it helped to use the old wosqi to get to the device management window to open and then i deleted the internals

this is the battle i've been suffering since the 1.4 upgrade. then 1.4.11 made the file manager come back but i wanted my patches and wosqi was giving me the pkm mgr and weboz internalz errors over and over and over. i must have restarted novacom, preware installer, webos qi, the phone.....800 times. finally when i was lucky to get into the repository on the tweaks link (NEVER have i been able to get the blue arrow to show me a menu for the good stuff)and the device management link, i noticed the patches that the error msgs said werent installed WERE already installed. so i REMOVED them and hit the restart luna button(since my luna button on the pre kept giving error too i made sure to take advantage of the wosqi allowing me to restart luna) in the app mgmnt directory.

i then opened up every installer on my computer like a psycho and just started hitting buttons. 3 different windows of webosqi would not let me in without some other "needed" installs that it kept installing and then insisting that it was missing. repeat repeat repeat.....

then preware alpha installer (which i just downloaded to try since the regular and also current preware installer was not working for me) popped up front and center. i DREADED the thought of another 30min novacomd refresh drama so i just clicked the install preware button (without doing the install/update drivers step this time)and it took 2 seconds to say INSTALLED!

IT NOW RUNS GREAT ON MY PHONE and now i dont have to go to the detox center for newly addicted mojohackers or play fight club games to get my mind off my failed preware reuinion. :P

BTW my phone is lightning fast now that everything is reinstalled and proper. its faster than it was in 1..3.5 plus the battery is staying charged and charging faster like it did before the 1.4.1 update. now on 1.4.1.1. sprint.
    everytime I try to update or even remove an application, patch, etc from my pre via preware, it tells me "error installing; see IPKG log" or "error removing...see IPKG log".. same thing every single time. can someone please help???
    I have followed all the instructions for this 3 times but for some reason it still says that it cant find my pre via USB. Save the rookie tips. I've been building and programming computers and applications for 8 years and have already tried all the basic troubleshooters tips. Thanks for your help!
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeotypeo View Post
    I have followed all the instructions for this 3 times but for some reason it still says that it cant find my pre via USB. Save the rookie tips. I've been building and programming computers and applications for 8 years and have already tried all the basic troubleshooters tips. Thanks for your help!
    Mike
    ... yet in this post you gave no details about what OS you are running on the host, what webOS version you are running on the device, whether the device is in recovery mode or not, or any other details about what exact steps you have done so far, what you expected to happen, what did happen, etc, etc.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am on my fifth attempt to install WebOSQuickInstall and I continue to get Error: No device detected. PC us running XP Pro SP3, 32 bit. Palm Pre Plus is running Palm webOS 1.40.

Today, I reset my Palm (pulled battery while still on), tried a second USB cable and a third USB port. It finally recognizes my Pre. IDK which fixed the problem since I did three things at one time. I suspect it was the reset.

After further testing, I used the original cable and one of the originaly USB ports and it my Pre is recognized. Must have been the reset. A little joy after days of frustration.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmicpainter View Post
    I've followed all the directions, and whenever I press "install" on the WebOS quick installer thing, it seems to go through(there's no error message) but nothing shows up on my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre315 View Post
    I can't seem to get any thing to install on my pre. I did everything that the tutorial of how to install homebrew apps from the main page, get the window to where you can drag the apps and what not, but i click install and nothing happens. Have the latest version of Java like version 6 something 15, up to date in other words and cant seem to make anything happen. Any ideas?
    tha same thing is happening to me to
    My Preware keeps getting stuck at 'Palm-catalog' when I launch it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Preware 3 times. Anyone know anything I can do?
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by luvhateslux View Post
    My Preware keeps getting stuck at 'Palm-catalog' when I launch it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Preware 3 times. Anyone know anything I can do?
    just wait: this is the fault I experienced two days ago. I went to bed and continued yesterday without problems. I guess that there has been a problem on server side.

Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Boris
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    I dont know how to post my own question on here, will you please help. this was my issue. i had some hardware issues on my pre, and took it in.. i ended up getting a brand new one.. I got the latest version of quick install (preware not listed under "all feeds" you have to go to pre, so that was differant, is there no package manager service?? anyways it downloaded and everything but it is version 1.0 and it will not update. i tried doing it through the app catalog and it will tell me app updates are available but will not show me what ones need updating or the option to update. any help on this or on how to post would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks
    are homebrew apps safe? like they wont brick the phone will it? what about patches? i heard you have to uninstall them for software updates???
    ok i downloaded wedOS Quick Installer and tryed to download some homebrew apps and i got this error and the error said, only have 0 avalable blocks on filesystem. how do i fix this? and yes the developer mode is on, yes the tweaks are working on the pre good but when i try to put a app on it gives me that error
    Thanks springchick, that worked for me as well !!
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast