Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A simple yet usefull app for people like me who after finishing a long hard working day, can't find there car.

update 1.0.4 minor bug fixed

1. the main feature of the app, to save or 'pin' your car lpcation when youv'e parked. you will later get your current location and have a choice to. get a map with directions from where you are to your parked car. (this can be found by tapping the small icon on the lower left with a map pic on it. (you can also get a gps location of the car using the 'car location' from the above menu.

2. local parking gargae, tire repair, and car repiar is also in the above menu.

3. set an alarm to remind you that the meter is running out. tap on the larm icon.

4. Bac(blood alcohol content) calculator , tap the 3rd icon with the cup of beer

NOTE:

5. speed dial (currently only AAA will add more eventually) tap the phone icon

6. You can send your car location via email,sms or IM just tap anywhere on the car location

7. you can send you current location via email,sms or IM just tap anywhere on the current location box (no need for the Send My Location for webOS)

will upload the update soon.

THANKS TO MAHOOTZKI AND REMIX2000 FOR THE ICONS!!!!!!!!

advice and ideas are WELCOME.

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: find MYcar

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec..._1.0.3_all.ipk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abegee; 09/25/2009 at 09:32 AM.
    Dude...Where's my car?
    Follow Me On

very cool. And useful
    SCK Manager
    very useful app!!!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I would make the background more transparent in the car and current locations so it's easier to read. Also, make the text a little bigger in those blocks. Cool app though, thanks.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'd agree on the transparent background for the current locations other than that nice app.
    Could you make it filecoaster friendly?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Could you make it filecoaster friendly?
    can someone tell me how i make that little box with the link, i can't seem to work it out.

thanks
    Abe
    Yes filecoaster would be good. Great thing about this is you could pretty much use it for anything, anytime you need to get back to something. Really cool app.
    You might consider this for finding your way back to anything instead of just your car. Maybe call it something like PreDetermined :P
    published!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    You might consider this for finding your way back to anything instead of just your car. Maybe call it something like PreDetermined :P
    Or findmyway, too many apps with pre makes a cluttered universal search
    Great idea. But it would be nice if it had an option to use GPS coordinates instead of just addresses. What I have trouble with is finding my car in a large parking lot, not remembering what street address it's at. Coordinates would help Google Maps pinpoint it much more precisely.

As it is now, if I'm at the mall, all the app tells me is that my car's also at the mall, since the whole complex has the same street address. I know my car's at the mall, SOMEWHERE. That's how I got here, after all. But I'm pretty sure I didn't park it out on the street, which is what the app wants to tell me I did. I need it to show me where my car is in relation to where I'm standing right now, with as much accuracy as GPS/Google will allow.

Like I said, fantastic idea. It just needs some refinement.
    Last edited by ABBlockhead; 08/07/2009 at 03:55 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    Great idea. But it would be nice if it had an option to use GPS coordinates instead of just addresses. What I have trouble with is finding my car in a large parking lot, not remembering what street address it's at. Coordinates would help Google Maps pinpoint it much more precisely.

As it is now, if I'm at the mall, all the app tells me is that my car's also at the mall, since the whole complex has the same street address. I know my car's at the mall, SOMEWHERE. That's how I got here, after all. But I'm pretty sure I didn't park it out on the street, which is what the app wants to tell me I did. I need it to show me where my car is in relation to where I'm standing right now, with as much accuracy as GPS/Google will allow.

Like I said, fantastic idea. It just needs some refinement.
    actually when I started out making this app thats what i had intended, but the app does use the gps coordinates to get the map, the problem is that google maps only maps to address to address and doesn't give you any way of getting from gps point to gps point.

What i may do is add a button which will show you if your getting closer to your car.

Abe
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    What i may do is add a button which will show you if your getting closer to your car.

Abe
    yeah that be gr8!!
    Would longitude/latitude coords help? I know I can get a fix on my location from my Pre if I type ##GPS# on the phone dialer? You do have to press "Get Fix" which is an extra step but I'm not sure if you can get around the extra step or if you'll need to.... Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Nice job! Is it just me or did you park your car in sunnyvalle and walk all the way to mountain view?
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Nice!

How about making the background a transparent pic of your car in the current location (it takes a pic when you press the button, so you would aim the Pre at your car and a landmark) so that you can recall where you parked visually.

Also, mapping out a trail of breadcrumb-like dots would be great when you get like within 500ft of the car. I guess you'd have to tag the GPS like others have said to be this accurate... just rely on the associated address of the GPS signal & Google Maps.

Great start, though!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Nice job! Is it just me or did you park your car in sunnyvalle and walk all the way to mountain view?
    lol, when using the emulator thats the gps fixes, that are given automaticly to simulate travel.

Note to all: The app uses GPS fix, not the address the address is only showen to the user. google maps however will not let you get a map from gps cord to gps cord, it takes the gps coords and makes an address out of them and maps address to address.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    PreGame, can you show Abe how to setup the app with the filecoaster friendly approach. He says he can't get it straight yet? Thanks
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast