Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaka_17 View Post
    im new on this page and i try to download one application just to try it ans see how it works but is not letting me download it, its telling me i need an application call filecoaster but when i try to download filecoaster from this same page i get the same error, can someone tell me how to use this website please?
    There's a self-study learning curve that you'll have to work through (don't worry, it's not hard). First, click on this Homebrew App Installation Guide. Take your time, download the files, and follow the steps. It's also very helpful to skim through the sticky threads at the top; you'll find that many had same or similar problems, issues and resolutions. Be patient, don't be intimidated, you'll get it. Developers here have spent a great deal of time, energy, and skills making the process a LOT easier now than it was as recently as only a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaka_17 View Post
    im new on this page and i try to download one application just to try it ans see how it works but is not letting me download it, its telling me i need an application call filecoaster but when i try to download filecoaster from this same page i get the same error, can someone tell me how to use this website please?
    To get instructions on loading Homebrew apps, go to the Homebrew section of PreCentral (from the main page).

[Hmmm, I see my thumb typing speed needs improvement]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lane View Post
    Another nifty feature to add would be a Parking Meter (or Lot) timer. Set the amount of prepaid time from the screen to start a countdown timer.

You could also have a "warning" time either set manual by user (enter the number of minutes warning) or set by the program (calculating that it will take x number of minutes to return to the car).
    I actually came in here specifically to say this. I'm pretty good at finding my car, but metered time is a PITA. That would be a fantastic addition to an already good app.

Thanks for the hard work, btw!
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrucialTK View Post
    I actually came in here specifically to say this. I'm pretty good at finding my car, but metered time is a PITA. That would be a fantastic addition to an already good app.

Thanks for the hard work, btw!
    its on the way, next update will be coming soon.

Attached Images Attached Images
    looks great......
  6.    #66  
    I've updated a few things and added an alarm, more updates will be coming.
    Abe
    I love the new "closest parking" option, cool. keep up the great work...
  8.    #68  
    I will be updating the App soon, lots of new features please read the first post for more info.

Abe
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    I've updated a few things and added an alarm, more updates will be coming.
    Abe
    Could you update the first post with version changes? Nice app BTW.
    Holy crap, this app is amazing. Thought it can't get any better than before this update, but this is amazing. Keep up the great work.
    Just realized there is a small lag when trying to look up closest tire shop or closest auto mechanic. Is there anything you can do about that.
  12.    #72  
    i dont see any lag on the emulator. its not possible for me to check it out. unless.... I see you live in brooklyn hmmm, i have an idea check your pm.
  13.    #73  
    Ok I've found the reason for the lag, when the user taps to get local tire repair or one of the other selections the app has to retrieve the gps position and then send it on to google maps, I've now fixed that with a quicker gps response time. hope its better now.

new update will be 1.0.4
    Abe
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    After I set the car location I still can't get it to show on Google Maps as the actual GPS location instead of the address or somehwere else far away from the actual spot (I know I didn't park my car inside the mall or that big office building., although Google maps is able to show my current location very accurately.
  15.    #75  
    will look into it, when I did my testing it worked for me.

the app is sending the gps coordinates to the google maps app. so it should be giving the gps location. but as I said I'll look into it.
    I'm also getting the "we think this is the address you're at" instead of the GPS coords when I try to map my car or current location.
    Anything new? I still can't get Google maps to show the GPS coordinate location... it just keeps showing the closest street address.

I also emailed myself the location cooridinates through Find My Car, clicked on the link, and still got the closest address from Google Maps... this makes me think the issue is with GM.
    I started a new thread because I believe the issue may be with Google Maps: EDIT: Here's some more details: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ing-issue.html
  19.    #79  
    updated app version 1.0.5

fixed minor car location bug.

Abe
    Nice work! The "Car Location" is spot on now... "Map Me To My Car" is still showing the approximate street addresses for the route, but I suspect that GM can't figure out directions to a non-street address.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast