Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great idea for a app. I cannot get the app to get my location using teh get current location feature. It just trys to load.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I'm not sure which was the culprit (I should have deleted one at a time), but I had a GPS toggle switch issue after downloading "GoTo" and "Find My Car," which I noticed when I tried to use Sprint Nav and it kept telling me to switch on GPS.

The problem was it wouldn't stay on. I did a soft reset, and the GPS setting still wouldn't stay on. Then I deleted both "GoTo" and "Find My Car" since they were the only thing I had changed that seemed connected to the GPS settings on my phone, and deleting them worked.

I can now toggle on and Sprint Nav works.
    This really needs a bread crumb feature. Get out of your car, tag the location and be able to follow the tracks back to it in a large parking lot.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Downloaded your app to my Palm Pre using "fileCoaster." Can open app but when I attempt to get my current location, it just hangs. I'm using Palm webOS 1.1.0, could this be the problem. Just wondering since it caused a glitch on another app that was functioning perfectly prior to the OS update.

Any suggestions on how to get this app to function properly.

Thanks.
  5.    #45  
    make sure you have a decent internet connection, to get the address the app uses the internet. so if you have a bad or no connection the button will keep spinning untill it times out at 30 seconds.
    abe
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robmann View Post
    Downloaded your app to my Palm Pre using "fileCoaster." Can open app but when I attempt to get my current location, it just hangs. I'm using Palm webOS 1.1.0, could this be the problem. Just wondering since it caused a glitch on another app that was functioning perfectly prior to the OS update.

Any suggestions on how to get this app to function properly.

Thanks.
    Your problem has already been addressed in this thread. You don't click on "Get Current Location" to get the location for your car initially. You click on "Save Car Location" and then the app goes out and gets the GPS coordinates for your car and saves them. When you're trying to find your car, that's when you use "Get Current Location" and the app gets your GPS coordinates and maps you to your car.
    Great update on 1.0.1, thanks a mil. Love the email feature
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    hey i love the app i would suggest making a background to the div that holds all the stuff the background with the writting is kinda hard on the eyes
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Great idea, useful anytime to get from point a to point b and back!
    mike
  10.    #50  
    @atlanta
    the latest version has a white backround, for the div with the address and stuff.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Cool app, ill try it out this week sometime.
    Maybe it was just a coincidence but, when I installed the new version of the app, it worked very well indeed. Thaks all for suggestions for the problem. Howvever, it was just the apps.....Cheers.
    Just a thought: I've tied the phone to my car's Bluetooth connection, which I think is a not-too-uncommon thing for people to do.

I wonder if it would be practical for the application to detect the severing of a Bluetooth link, and automatically save a car location when that happened? (The application would have to be open of course...)
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by grichard View Post
    Just a thought: I've tied the phone to my car's Bluetooth connection, which I think is a not-too-uncommon thing for people to do.

I wonder if it would be practical for the application to detect the severing of a Bluetooth link, and automatically save a car location when that happened? (The application would have to be open of course...)
    great thinking it was my original plan, and i actually made a similar prog for locking my pc when it doesnt detect my bluetooth, but i don't think palm wants an app searching for bluetooth constantly it will drain the battery very quickly. if i find some workarounf i will try implementing it.
    This app is awesome. Been doing some testing. I save my car location then move and do current location. Map looks nice, but click on directions and it gives me reverse directions. Turn by turn from my car to where I currently am. (in google maps)
  16.    #56  
    hey thats a good point will fix it, thanks

fixed will be in next update.

Abe
    Last edited by abegee; 08/13/2009 at 09:30 PM.
    Another nifty feature to add would be a Parking Meter (or Lot) timer. Set the amount of prepaid time from the screen to start a countdown timer.

You could also have a "warning" time either set manual by user (enter the number of minutes warning) or set by the program (calculating that it will take x number of minutes to return to the car).
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    This really needs a bread crumb feature. Get out of your car, tag the location and be able to follow the tracks back to it in a large parking lot.
    +1
    Good idea. If doable, that could negate the address vs. coordinates issue.
    on my pre, for some reason the "map to my car" buttons at the bottom only show up if i scroll down - is there a way you can make some of the icon spacing a little smaller so that it all shows up on one screen?

Great app!
    im new on this page and i try to download one application just to try it ans see how it works but is not letting me download it, its telling me i need an application call filecoaster but when i try to download filecoaster from this same page i get the same error, can someone tell me how to use this website please?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast