Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    actually when I started out making this app thats what i had intended, .... What i may do is add a button which will show you if your getting closer to your car.
    What I would suggest is just comparing the current GPS coordinates to the saved location, then making a corner of the screen be a compass arrow to point in the direction of the car (assuming the top of the screen is north, like a map).

Then even in a parking lot, where google map is not helpful, you can just see what direction to go in order to find the car. Since we don't have a true compass like the 3GS, if the user did not know which way is north, you would have to walk far enough and refresh the screen to see if you are really travelling in the right direction.
    Just finished downloading. Will use tonight. This could be really useful after party or bars when I parked 3-4 blocks away on some street no one heard of and I forgot that existed.
    Will report later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Could you make it filecoaster friendly?
    I'm guessing you didn't get the filecoaster upgrade? you wouldn't need the url if you did
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    For some reason, it never finds my location whenever i try. it keeps searching but never finds it...any1 know the reason why?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    abe,
    i agree with all the above, you need to figure out how to incorporate more then just an address. that lat / long would be the best....the mall is the best example!!! or if want to go back somewhere on a hike or a lake.....youve really started a BIG TIME app!!!! i wish i was more knowledgeable with programming but im not!!!! theres people out here that can help / point u in the right direction to accomadate all the request above..... come on all please help further this, i think its 1 of the most homebrew apps ive seen......besides the pre fart app
    The Wams
    I would love to be able to use this for hikes. A nifty feature would be tracking where you walked so you can follow that trail back. Maybe even save to favorits so that trail is always there. Also I think many more people would like to find there car in bigger parking lots over different addresses since its more common. I got lost at walmart lol.
    Added link in Opening Post to give your Homebrew Gallery entry link:

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: find MYcar

- Craig
    For some reason, it never finds my location whenever i try. it keeps searching but never finds it...any1 know the reason why?
    I have the same issue.
    when I hit record location nothing happens. Just keeps searching.
    Anyone else have this issue, or have a fix for it?
    Thanks
    It seems like it sometimes struggles at getting the locations right. For instance I hit the 'Save Car Location' button and it looks like it mapped to my correct address. Then I hit clear and went to do it again and it placed the location about a mile away. Then I hit get my current location and it put me about a mile away as well.... It was able to map directions between the two places... but that wouldn't help me much since I'm not where it says I am and my car isn't where it says it is.

I'm wondering if there's any problem with trying to set both my car's and my location from the same exact spot?
    killerSiafu
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    I have the same issue.
    when I hit record location nothing happens. Just keeps searching.
    Anyone else have this issue, or have a fix for it?
    Thanks
    I noticed that this happens if you try and set the 'current' location prior to the car location.

Try setting the car location first.
    -mark
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsgraphics View Post
    Just finished downloading. Will use tonight. This could be really useful after party or bars when I parked 3-4 blocks away on some street no one heard of and I forgot that existed.
    Will report later.
    Had to make it get the location of the car twice to be accurate enough. So I had to double check before walking away. Brought me back to my car flawlessly. Good app.
    very nice...i like
    Mine keeps searching when I ask it to get current location. A parking lot doesn't have an address that's easily visible?? Anyone find a work-around yet?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Mine keeps searching when I ask it to get current location. A parking lot doesn't have an address that's easily visible?? Anyone find a work-around yet?
    I had this same problem. I guess I didn't realize (maybe I just didn't pay enough attention) that you had to hit "Save Car Location" first to set the location of your car, then hit the "Get Current Location" when you are at your destination (away from your car). I just assumed that I was supposed to hit "Get Current Location" to lock onto my location and then hit "Save Car Location" to mark the location of the car.

If it were me, I think I would make it a bit more intuitive like make the first button something more descriptive like "Set Car Location" for folks like me who just thought the app was broken for like a half hour!
    Quote Originally Posted by alundre View Post
    I had this same problem. I guess I didn't realize (maybe I just didn't pay enough attention) that you had to hit "Save Car Location" first to set the location of your car, then hit the "Get Current Location" when you are at your destination (away from your car). I just assumed that I was supposed to hit "Get Current Location" to lock onto my location and then hit "Save Car Location" to mark the location of the car.

If it were me, I think I would make it a bit more intuitive like make the first button something more descriptive like "Set Car Location" for folks like me who just thought the app was broken for like a half hour!
    lmao same thing happened to me
    Yeah, I would use an app like this if it were made to find your car in a parking lot. I wouldn't use it as it currently is, as I don't park my car at a different address than the place I'm going to.
    Now I need an app to find where I parked the car in the mall
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Does it have to get an address? Can't it just do coordinates? Is that a Google Maps limitation?

I previously used TOMTOM on WM6 to bookmark location (by coordinates) while sitting in my car. Then open the app again and have it guide me back to my car, using walking directions. 'twas always accurate.

Yesterday it won't set the address right and would give me 28-98 exchange street. Which really didn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by alundre View Post

Ahhhhhh!!! Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, it got me too. The UI setup threw me off. Lol! Nice App btw! Thanks!
    I've been hoping for this type of app!

I understand that the "save car location" lists an address, but does Google Maps point to the address, or to the GPS location of the car? In other words, if I'm in the mall, can I zoom into Google Maps and still find my car's location, or will it just lead me to a pin pointing to the mall?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast