Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, I'm back with another app. This (like my GoogyOS app) was originally an iPhone app that I had been working on.

so, without further adu, I present:

WindyLive Version 1.0.4 - 8/10/09

1.0.4 is now live!

Initial features:
    *Support for all Windows Live mobile web apps
    *Added a donate link to the menu. Trying it out for now. Opinions/ideas of it are welcome
    *Fixed a bug in the sources.json file that I somehow seemed to miss

A couple of things to fix though:
    *Need to center icon titles

Future things I'm going to add:
    *help menu with topics to choose from

Very future things to add:
    *Move bookmarks around?
    *Move/reorder icons/buttons around
    *Add glossy look to the icons/backgrounds, move icons around, custom backgrounds

Feel free to post comments/ suggestions here or PM me.

Download the latest version (1.0.4) in the Homebrew section

Like the software that I'm developing? Feel free to donate

Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    are the icons just web links?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    are the icons just web links?
    As of now, yes. My coding knowledge of the WebOS is a bit limited. I plan on getting the O'Reilly WebOS coding book soon. Hopefully this will help me create more advanced apps.

Oh & the homebrew page is now active
    It's up in the gallery now!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    It's up in the gallery now!
    Thanks for the heads up Dieter
    so right now these r just webapps and then they'll become into actual apps?

bc i would love to use msn messenger as an actual app that i dont have to zoom in from the web!!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so right now these r just webapps and then they'll become into actual apps?

bc i would love to use msn messenger as an actual app that i dont have to zoom in from the web!!!
    Right now, I'm just linking to the web apps. If people want actual WebOS -native versions of these web apps, you might have to talk to Microsoft about that
    Quote Originally Posted by eisnerguy1 View Post
    Right now, I'm just linking to the web apps. If people want actual WebOS -native versions of these web apps, you might have to talk to Microsoft about that
    lol bc for me any kind of app that has to do with like msn messenger or facebook....for like chatting would be amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    lol bc for me any kind of app that has to do with like msn messenger or facebook....for like chatting would be amazing
    Couldn't agree more! Can't believe we have no MSN messenger app or Facebook app! Trying to MSN over the web versions is more work than digging a ditch. Sure hope something is in the works!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Couldn't agree more! Can't believe we have no MSN messenger app or Facebook app! Trying to MSN over the web versions is more work than digging a ditch. Sure hope something is in the works!
    +1
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks for this. It's handy to access the web version of Hotmail since the built in access on the Pre is somewhat limited....Hotmail's fault for not offering IMAP access.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jai20 View Post
    Thanks for this. It's handy to access the web version of Hotmail since the built in access on the Pre is somewhat limited....Hotmail's fault for not offering IMAP access.

Glad that people are finding this useful. Should have a small update for some small bugs (graphical bugs/ code cleanup) by Monday the latest. Still been kinda sick unfortunately. Oh & stay tuned for the 3rd app that I was working on alongside this & GoogyOS
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    cool app
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    this app wont load for me im usin sdk
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrich View Post
    this app wont load for me im usin sdk
    are you using the command "palm-install com.jackintheboxsoftwareinc.app.windylive_1.0.0_all.ipk" ? Or are you using filecoaster? Do you mean it won't load or it won't install?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    using the command "palm-install com.jackintheboxsoftwareinc.app.windylive_1.0.0_all.ipk
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    its not showin up on my phone the googyos did but this one wont
  18.    #19  
    kingrich, try this latest version out

Uploaded a new version (1.0.2). Should be on the homebrew page soon. Waiting for a mod to review it. Mostly a code cleanup update. Also added a direct link to WindyLive's help page. Set up a paypal donate thing for those who want to donate
  19.    #20  
    I'll post when the new version is live in the homebrew section. Hopefully it'll be reviewed today.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast