Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 114 of 114
  1. #101  
    hmm my connection to latitude stopped working yesterday all of a sudden, so i went back to the original setup. Happen to anyone else?

    Reinstall does not work. The original method still works though.
  2. #102  
    I still can't get mine to not constantly upload.
  3. #103  
    This is interesting now. I fixed my index.html tonight because originally, I thought that it would constantly upload. Turns out, it only uploads my location with the page is visited. Longitude doesn't have to be running, but as long as the page is visited, my phone transmits my location. Any idea why?
  4. #104  
    I suppose I should give some background. I have lighttpd running on my phone as the web server. However, I have it redirecting through a dyndns.com URL.
  5. #105  
    tested the lastest version 0.2.1 ... got the problem that it will update my server regularly if I choose intervalls up 30s. 1m and longer doesn't work and no updates are sent to my server. Is this a known bug? Is there a version with that bug fixed?
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Etgen View Post
    Here are my php files to update latitude.

    Make sure you have the latitude widget on you iGoogle homepage.
    Etgen:

    After digging through the class, and turning on a lot of the debugging, I think I've figured out that the google login is failing because of a new param "GALX" which is stored in the cookie *after* you attempt to login.

    So, over and over, it sends, I get a cookie, but then I'm put at the generic (not logged in) page because it doesn't like the login attempt.

    At least that is what SEEMS to be happening to me. I've verified the username and password by using cut/paste to the login form just in case I was messing up something simple.

    Any ideas?
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by tskeeley View Post
    Etgen:

    After digging through the class, and turning on a lot of the debugging, I think I've figured out that the google login is failing because of a new param "GALX" which is stored in the cookie *after* you attempt to login.

    So, over and over, it sends, I get a cookie, but then I'm put at the generic (not logged in) page because it doesn't like the login attempt.

    At least that is what SEEMS to be happening to me. I've verified the username and password by using cut/paste to the login form just in case I was messing up something simple.

    Any ideas?
    Right, so I gave up waiting. I'm teasing, no offence ment! I just wanted to see if I could find another solution.

    I did some searching, found out that another crew made a bridge for the iPhone from MyPhone. I looked at the code and it's simple. I mean, really simple. So I got to thinking. All of the code I've seen so far is php based on the Pre, but, I don't want to install wordpress. Not an objection to it, just saving room on my pre.

    So, another solution. Originally, DolphinKing published Longitude as a client on the Pre and a server on a website. Taking that model, I stripped apart the iPhone php app. Removing the references to MyPhone was simple. Basically, if we call the luna-send location routine and send it to a website, the website can process the data. We can call luna-send directly from a shell script. Inelegant, but simple.

    On the webserver, the iPhone people figured out how to update Google Latitude without using the iGoogle widget. By using the headers from that project, updating Latitude becomes a piece of cake. A fast update to the server script, and presto.

    Going forward I would like to do the update to Latitude directly from the Pre, and skip the webserver all together. It'd be easy if I get up and install php on my Pre. *laughs* Tell you what, if you want it, you can do it. It's simple!

    In the mean time, take a look at this, kick the tires, see what you think.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8. GSMacLean's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #108  
    I wrote a server bridge in ASP for my Pre, as well as a simple client that ran on my Pre and updated Latitude via my bridge on a regular basis. It worked fine.

    I then ported the server bridge code to the Pre, so that it would update Latitude directly, without the server bridge. I tested it on the emulator, and it worked perfectly! I could update Latitude directly.

    However, when I moved it to my Pre, it failed - it wouldn't log in (I have it logging into the iGoogle page to do the update).

    After some investigation, I found out that the user-agent string used with the httprequest object in the emulator is different than it is on the phone. And Google identifies the user-agent sent in the httprequest, says "hey, this is a phone" and sends you off to the mobile Google page instead of the iGoogle page.

    Palm in its infinite wisdom has decided that despite the fact they have a property of the httprequest that allows you to change the user-agent - it is ignored, and always sends its own user-agent string, regardless of what you set it to.

    So until a) Palm changes this, or b) Google releases a Latitude direct-update API, there's no way that I can think of that will work for updating it directly.
    http://wwwebos.com - webOS User Community
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMacLean View Post
    I wrote a server bridge in ASP for my Pre, as well as a simple client that ran on my Pre and updated Latitude via my bridge on a regular basis. It worked fine.

    I then ported the server bridge code to the Pre, so that it would update Latitude directly, without the server bridge. I tested it on the emulator, and it worked perfectly! I could update Latitude directly.

    However, when I moved it to my Pre, it failed - it wouldn't log in (I have it logging into the iGoogle page to do the update).

    After some investigation, I found out that the user-agent string used with the httprequest object in the emulator is different than it is on the phone. And Google identifies the user-agent sent in the httprequest, says "hey, this is a phone" and sends you off to the mobile Google page instead of the iGoogle page.

    Palm in its infinite wisdom has decided that despite the fact they have a property of the httprequest that allows you to change the user-agent - it is ignored, and always sends its own user-agent string, regardless of what you set it to.

    So until a) Palm changes this, or b) Google releases a Latitude direct-update API, there's no way that I can think of that will work for updating it directly.
    Agreed! That's why I went the route of letting the script pretend to be the iPhone. It was easier than trying to explain to Palm, "No, really, your app functions really should work, or you shouldn't offer them." *rolls eyes* Oh well, at least it's "getting there".
  10.    #110  
    hey guys, i've taken a liking to this program again and am doing some development. i grabbed a server and will be hosting a longitude service so that all you need is a login and will able to see your location as well as your friends! more coming soon. follow d0lph1nk1ng Software or @d0lph1nk1ng on Twitter for updates as well as keeping an eye on this thread
  11.    #111  
    Here is a beta preview of the server side of this app. Now you will not have to do the hosting part of this app. Also, you will not have to generate your own google maps api key. Try looking for "ruby". This page is also viewable from your Palm Pre. Feedback is welcome.

    Beta Link: Longitude

    Thanks and enjoy!
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by tskeeley View Post
    Right, so I gave up waiting. I'm teasing, no offence ment! I just wanted to see if I could find another solution.

    I did some searching, found out that another crew made a bridge for the iPhone from MyPhone. I looked at the code and it's simple. I mean, really simple. So I got to thinking. All of the code I've seen so far is php based on the Pre, but, I don't want to install wordpress. Not an objection to it, just saving room on my pre.

    So, another solution. Originally, DolphinKing published Longitude as a client on the Pre and a server on a website. Taking that model, I stripped apart the iPhone php app. Removing the references to MyPhone was simple. Basically, if we call the luna-send location routine and send it to a website, the website can process the data. We can call luna-send directly from a shell script. Inelegant, but simple.

    On the webserver, the iPhone people figured out how to update Google Latitude without using the iGoogle widget. By using the headers from that project, updating Latitude becomes a piece of cake. A fast update to the server script, and presto.

    Going forward I would like to do the update to Latitude directly from the Pre, and skip the webserver all together. It'd be easy if I get up and install php on my Pre. *laughs* Tell you what, if you want it, you can do it. It's simple!

    In the mean time, take a look at this, kick the tires, see what you think.
    I just installed this script on my Pre and webserver, and it works great. Now if I could only see other's locations on my Pre...

    Thanks!

    --Todd
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    Here is a beta preview of the server side of this app. Now you will not have to do the hosting part of this app. Also, you will not have to generate your own google maps api key. Try looking for "ruby". This page is also viewable from your Palm Pre. Feedback is welcome.

    Beta Link: Longitude

    Thanks and enjoy!
    Any chance you would make the source for the server side available like the first longitude app? I'm interested in sharing location info w/my wife (who also has a pre) but sufficiently paranoid about privacy that I'd like to be able to control access by placing it on my own server w/my own security controls.
  14.    #114  
    will not be happening, sorry
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions