Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Is the user configurable version for the time still in progress? I noticed the last update was on 8/17 and it was going to be done over the weekend. Thanks!
    +1
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    The version I've been working on does update latitude and has a user configurable update timer. I'll grab the latest source and put in the timer stuff. The problem I'm having with the latitude stuff is you have to send your google login information to my server (or the server the app is pointed to) to have it update it (unless you hard code that information into the php app on your server). If anyone has any suggestions on that let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Etgen View Post
    The version I've been working on does update latitude and has a user configurable update timer. I'll grab the latest source and put in the timer stuff. The problem I'm having with the latitude stuff is you have to send your google login information to my server (or the server the app is pointed to) to have it update it (unless you hard code that information into the php app on your server). If anyone has any suggestions on that let me know.
    Been looking forward to this version for a while. Thanks for working on it!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etgen View Post
    I have no problems sending my latitude info to my own server, so if you release an updated php script to go along with an updated client, I can load it on my own server no problem.

Hell, if you can post an updated version that just has the pref card to set the refresh interval alone that would rock.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm going to try to get the one with the pref card to update the interval tonight. Then I'll work on getting the other stuff ready and out by the end of the weekend.
    Hello, I thought I'd try my hand in this. Here's my updated version 0.2.1 with a dropdown for the update interval on the preferences page. I don't think I changed anything else other than allowing https along with http (my server is on https that's why).

Lemme know if it works for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Here's some screenshots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Nice..I will try that out later tonite.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    One question for those who are changing things with this, will this still update with the page closed? I was looking at the code to implement this behavior but wasn't sure how to do it. Maybe a cron file? or have the app set 'alarms' that trigger the location update function?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    One question for those who are changing things with this, will this still update with the page closed? I was looking at the code to implement this behavior but wasn't sure how to do it. Maybe a cron file? or have the app set 'alarms' that trigger the location update function?
    Does the current version do this?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    To my knowledge, the old version does not, orangecream's I don't know, but the new cell stalker does and is a very similar app with what it does. Except that it uploads the coordinates to a central server with an identifying 'key'.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    My version seems to be having issues. But IF I change the name it seems to work. Everything is ready to go... even the server code to update latitude. I'd like to keep it the same name.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    does your version continue to update at the set intervals even with the card closed? I have the old version's php files up on a server and had it working fine. I can modify those to include any extra info such as accuracy and such... just need to figure out how to get it to continue to update without the card being open all the time.... setting the interval by editing the jsjsjs $file$ $isn$'$t$ $an$ $issue$ $for$ $me$ $either$, $but$ $I$ $guess$ $the$ $option$ $to$ $do$ $it$ $on$ $the$ $phone$ $would$ $be$ $nice$...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Here is my php code for those willing to change it. You will need to hardcode your google username and password in it but you shouldn't have to change anything in Longitude for it to work.

Just change saveLocation.php edit:
    $username = $_GET['username'];
    $password = $_GET['password'];

change $_GET['username'] to your username and $_GET['password'] to your password. You will also have to change the permissions on the file you have this php stuff in. If you have any problems just ask.
    Last edited by Etgen; 09/22/2009 at 06:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I must be missing something, Etgen. From what I can tell, everything is set up fine, but Google Latitude never updates my current location.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    ssrjazz, is it generating google-cookie.txt and do you have the latitude widget on your igoogle page?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I'll have to check on the txt file. I do have the latitude widget on my igoogle page.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    To my knowledge, the old version does not, orangecream's I don't know
    This app definitely doesn't continue to update once you close the card. I am curious to see how they do background processes on the Pre. I'd have to guess its a cron job. Will take a look at cell stalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecream View Post
    This app definitely doesn't continue to update once you close the card. I am curious to see how they do background processes on the Pre. I'd have to guess its a cron job. Will take a look at cell stalker.
    I am using your version of Longitude and it does not appear to be saving the 10m setting. I can choose the option, but when I close and re-open Longitude, it's back at the 5s setting. Is this something you can fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I am using your version of Longitude and it does not appear to be saving the 10m setting. I can choose the option, but when I close and re-open Longitude, it's back at the 5s setting. Is this something you can fix?
    So it always defaults to 5s everytime you launch the app? But changing the update interval does work right while the app is running, right?

Yeah I think I know what the issue is, I added the param but didn't add it to the cookie.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast