Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try another host. When I try and pull up the .php, it displays the file.

Location Saved.

latitude:
    longitude:
    updated:
    Make sure your server address is set appropriately in the index.html file too. I was having issues because I entered ccrook.com instead of My Location. Now I have my web server add www. automatically if someone browses to just ccrook.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcrook View Post
    Make sure your server address is set appropriately in the index.html file too. I was having issues because I entered ccrook.com instead of My Location. Now I have my web server add www. automatically if someone browses to just ccrook.com.
    Thank you so much. That did the trick. Apparently I didn't add the "www." to my server link in the index.html file.
    Now only if this could run the the background and change the update interval manually to like 10-20 minutes or something.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try another host. When I try and pull up the .php, it displays the file.
    If it shows the source code when you try to goto the location.php, check with your host. That is normally an easy fix in your control panel, or they can fix in a minutes.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Great little program. I have it finally working, but it doesn't show the results of the update. I get:
    Last Updated:
    latitude: degrees
    longitude: degrees
    velocity: mph

The map shows my location area with my current location centered, but no push-pin. Any idea what that is? I am trying to review the code now.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcrook View Post
    Thanks for the tip. It also solved my problems.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    How often does the Pre upload data to the server? Is it configurable, or preset?

thanks
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    hey man this is pretty cool. It just kinda drains the battery a little quick. Any way we can change the update time so it wouldnt kill it so quickly?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shalkith View Post
    hey man this is pretty cool. It just kinda drains the battery a little quick. Any way we can change the update time so it wouldnt kill it so quickly?
    I notice the same issue. Battery is down to 58% after 2 hours, and the pre is pretty warm.
    I noticed the battery drain as well, looks like it constantly updates. I might end up playing around with the html coding and blend it into an existing page, but it does work nicely.
    Hi, this works great for me in Firefox, but in IE8 I get a Javascript error that reads, "'data' is null or not an object."

I have properly set my server address in the line that populates the data variable, but for some reason IE does not like the getFile call.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    hmm, i have been doing this for about a week now. i do not need a seperate server. the Pre is capable of being a php web server all by itself. see HowTo here;
    Lighttpd - WebOS Internals
    how did you get this to work.. I followed the directions, but it keeps timing out... any help would be appreciated.
    The app in the phone tells me it's updating correctly. Here's what it says on my page...

Last Updated: td
    latitude: degrees
    longitude: Domain Registration degrees
    velocity: NaN mph

Any ideas what that means?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I wrote a php script that you can use instead that will actually update latitude. Now I just need to get a php server running on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etgen View Post
    I wrote a php script that you can use instead that will actually update latitude. Now I just need to get a php server running on the Pre.
    it is easy as pie;

i was going to work on this also, but have had no time.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    how did you get this to work.. I followed the directions, but it keeps timing out... any help would be appreciated.
    time outs could mean a few things;

is lighttpd running?
    is port 8081 open on your Pre's FW?
    can you open 127.0.0.1:8081 on the Pre's browser and see the welcome page?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    it is easy as pie;

i was going to work on this also, but have had no time.
    I'll work on that tonight. For the php stuff I used the link posted by sam1am. I will work on getting that up for others too.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Etgen View Post
    I'll work on that tonight. For the php stuff I used the link posted by sam1am. I will work on getting that up for others too.
    one thing for sure, you will need to be able to turn on and off lighttpd when the program is started / stopped. i ran the lighttpd dameon on my pre for a few days and my battery life was not so good.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    DK, you and I need to talk about merging the things we are working on together. Let me know if you might be interested.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast